It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashley Madison, infamous infidelity website, target of data hack

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We agree on the legalities. Where I disagree is when you said both people in the marriage are usually to blame for one person cheating. Both people may be to blame for the marriage going sour, but only ONE person can be blamed for the cheating -and that is the cheater.

Exactly, a bad marriage is a reason for divorce. There is no justification for cheating.

edit on 20-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If you have a bunch of love letters from your mistress stored in a box and your wife finds it, who is at fault....
You?
or
The box?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Unless eating sushi and watching anime is immoral.

It is how you eat that sushi and what kind of anime you are watching my dirty little friend.

Sometimes hotdogs.

I'm so naughty.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

What are your thoughts about it being legal to operate?

I agree that being disloyal and betraying the trust of your significant other is hurtful but, that is just a moral issue to entertain - for the persons involved and affected and not anyone else. Again, the site is deemed legal by governments despite personal opinions and feelings dictated by personal integrity and moral compass. People are FREE to do what they please whether one agree with them or not- when it comes to this particular topic. This is why there is so much conflict and prisons in the world. It seem to be embedded in our nature to do what we want despite laws and codes of ethics-it's called freewill.

Anyone who uses this site to CHEAT on their partner deserves to get caught! I find this site disgusting.

Anyone who betrays their loved one must deal with their own conscience, that is none of my business whether they get caught or not. I won't root for or against them getting caught. I may not agree with their actions, but it is still their business....not mine. It only becomes one's business if they are personally involved and affected by such actions of their partner.

However, the tools they use to do so, such as sites like Ashley Madison, should not affect your overall opinion on the matter.

edit on 20-7-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
If you have a bunch of love letters from your mistress stored in a box and your wife finds it, who is at fault....
You?
or
The box?

What if someone broke into the house, smashed open the box, and gave her the letters?

Who's at fault then?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
You are the one who didn't understand my posts, since I NEVER CONDONED HACKING.

Where did I say you did? Stop putting words in my mouth.

So your replies to ME, are not about hacking, unless you keep missing what I have clearly stated.

You are the one who wants the site shut down since it disagrees with your morality, that point has been very clear.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

According to another poster it is already Illegal.

I do not seek after anything illegal. Something that is illegal is not more enticing to me.

Maybe illegal activity is enticing to YOU, but I have my own set of morals that are not defined by a law book.

Cheating has been proven to cause PTSD in some people.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Where I disagree is when you said both people in the marriage are usually to blame for one person cheating.

As I said to Charlie, if you disagree please post some studies that disprove the one I linked which was one of many.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
I'm so naughty.

Which is why we get along.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I don't need an article written by someone who agrees with my opinion to point out that the study you shared is completely lacking in credibility considering who the subjects questioned were...

& the study at hand is not nearly credible enough to warrant a counter study when taking into consideration the participants of this unenlightening questionnaire.

You know that already though.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What took the hackers so long...this is a goldmine for blackmail.
I bet Bill Clinton is sweating bullets.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Anyone who defends legality overcoming an act of cheating, it's practically the same that not condemn anyone by a stealing act just because the "CCTV footage" was illegally filming.

Stealing is against the law.

Being unfaithful to your significant other is not against the law.

It is not the same.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Who's against the truth, is against the light. Who's against the light, seek the darkness and live in the darkness.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I don't need an article written by someone who agrees with my opinion to point out that the study you shared is completely lacking in credibility considering who the subjects questioned were...

I see. So the new method to refute a published article in a scientific and peer-reviewed journal is to just say 'neener, neener'.

Call me when you can have a big person debate that revolves around evidence instead of your opinion.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Why did you reply to my post? I did not condone illegal hacking or immoral behavior. But you felt the need to correct me.

If I was arguing for hacking, then your response would have been appropriate.

I was only was arguing for cheating being illegal, which apparently it is, according to another poster.

So your argument against ME can only be in support of cheating being a legal activity. Since I made no other point.

Do you understand yet, where you went wrong in the debate? If you are only arguing against hacking, most of your replies to me were irrelevant.

edit on 20-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

By the rules of marriage, it is.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

According to another poster it is already Illegal.

I do not seek after anything illegal. Something that is illegal is not more enticing to me.

Maybe illegal activity is enticing to YOU, but I have my own set of morals that are not defined by a law book.

Cheating has been proven to cause PTSD in some people.

Did I single you out as one of those people? No. I didn't.

Keep your set of morals to yourself, and don't try to legislate them on the rest of us. I may not agree with what these folks are doing, but I won't sit idly by and watch dominionist's like you corrupt and re-define the constitution. My ex-girlfriends affair is none of your business, and I would appreciate it if you, and others like you, would keep your nose out of it, and mind your own business. (You in general. Not you personally)
edit on 7/20/2015 by Klassified because: punct

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
What took the hackers so long...this is a goldmine for blackmail.
I bet Bill Clinton is sweating bullets.

Lol. And I'll bet he's not alone.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Why did you reply to my post.

Do you have some sort of short term memory issue? You are the one who replied to my post. GO back to page one and reread.

I did not condone illegal or immoral behavior.

Where did I say you did? I pointed out that you do not understand the Frist Amendment and want to legislate morality.

Since I was only was arguing for cheating being illegal, which apparently it is, according to another poster.

Only in some states.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Of course, infidelity IS illegal in Muslim countries...punishable by death, I believe (at least for the wife).
Is this an international site?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join