It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashley Madison, infamous infidelity website, target of data hack

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: TheJourney

Call me when a law gets passed by Congress authorizing sending citizens to concentration camps.

ETA: Let me know how you would like it if someone else imposed their morality on you.

Maybe not concentration camps but they will send you to prison for smoking something they don't like.

And they used to send dudes to jail for drinking out of the wrong water fountain.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Marriage vows are legally binding since a judge is involved with the marriage process. Breaking those vows is a criminal act.

At minimum this website is guilty of conspiracy

I'm not saying that two wrongs make a right or that anyone should go to jail for anything, all im saying is lmao.
edit on 21-7-2015 by chrisss because: second thoughts.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrisss

Marriage vows are legally binding since a judge is involved with the marriage process. Breaking those vows is a criminal act.

I'm not saying that two wrongs make a right or that anyone should go to jail for anything, all im saying is lmao.

Incorrect. Marriage is a legal status, not a behavior contract. You can get married and your new wife can go home with your best man if she prefers. That just means you weren't a very good husband.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Maybe not concentration camps but they will send you to prison for smoking something they don't like.

And they used to send dudes to jail for drinking out of the wrong water fountain.

Not quite following, those laws were based on 'morality', do you want more like that?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah hacking is illegal and the hackers if caught should be punnsihed....

Does not mean I have to have sympathy for the "victims".

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Isurrender73
Cheating IS A CRIME...

Is sunbathing a crime? I demonstrated its very possible destructive outcome.

One hurts only yourself the other hurts another person.

Not saying cheating should be illegal but there is a difference.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

No one said you should have sympathy.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Rerread the post I was responding to.

The poster claimed that cheating is harmful behavior because it leads to there being a single parent.

My absurd reply was that getting a melanoma due to excess sunbathing can also lead to a single parent.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This isnt the latest one... adult friend finder was also hacked and details released onto the dark web but for some reason not publicized

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienmma
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Obsessing over the 1st amendment gives you absolutely no moral high ground.

If you believe that cheating on a spouse is okay and using this site is justifiable then there's a very good chance that you're a sociopath. That's not an insult, it's fact.

If there was a site that helped you find a hitman to murder people you have issues with and it got hacked, would you be presenting the same argument?
Have you not read my posts? Are you just knee-jerking because I say "The hackers did something wrong and should be prosecuted"?

I never, once in this thread, or other, even implied that I think cheating is okay or acceptable. I've told some very personal aspects of my life about my own cheating partner and how bad it hurt. I would never condone such an act. However, cheating is not illegal. It's morally reprehensible, but it's not illegal.

Now a hitman website? That's facilitating illegal acts, so should be taken down. Easy. The very idea that you'd put cheating and murder on the same moral pedestal says more about your own skewed view of morality than of my own.

I also like how you imply I'm a sociopath because I say a LEGAL website has the LEGAL right to operate. Projecting, maybe?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Incorrect. Marriage is a legal status, not a behavior contract. You can get married and your new wife can go home with your best man if she prefers. That just means you weren't a very good husband.

All licence have rules. Hunting, driving, fishing, your passport, business licence, a pilots licence and even marriage. The rules for marriage are made up by the people involved. They are called vows. The judge makes them legal. If you break the rules of your licencing agreement, you are in trouble. If a website helps you break those rules, they are in trouble.

If a woman goes home with anyone but her husband she's a bad wife. The husband had nothing to do with it.

If the husband goes home with anyone but his wife then he's a bad husband.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Wow. A lot of people lamenting the pain they felt and the pain cheating causes families. Publicly shame them you say. It's immoral let's publicly shame them.

Have any of you considered that this also publicly shames the injured spouse and children? I think publicly exposing the failings of a family is absolutely disgusting. What do you think is going to happen when the kids at school find out that somebody has a parent looking to cheat and their kinks?

You're all so willing to allow a public shaming of innocent family members, quite possibly in far greater numbers than the number of guilty parties, just to stick it to those cheaters. How can you argue this can possibly be the right thing to do? Can I expect to see you at the funeral of the first publicly shamed, and subsequently bullied, child who commits suicide explaining to everyone that it was morally justified?
edit on 22-7-2015 by Ksihkehe because: Typo, damn typo

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I agree 100% with what you intelligently stated. I admire your ability to see past the surface and perceive matters deeply with much empathy and compassion concerning this issue. Much respect and thank you for commenting.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Why maintain a relationship if you're going to cheat anyway? By the time you've embarked on the act of infidelity, you've already committed it myriad times over in your mind! Which is more important: What's between the legs near where we expel our bodily waste -or- what's in the head / brain / mind?

It's also quite sad that people feel the need to pay for hook-ups / sex in the Age of the Internet; where sex teems like 1's and 0's in The Matrix. It's even sadder that people are so abjectly and embarrassingly technologically obtuse that they believe their intimate details are safe on the Internet...! xD

The human race is doomed.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I want the hackers to release the data. Cheaters are scum. They know what they are doing and yet do it regardless if it hurts their partner or not. Also mention the sexually transmited diseases that these types of people obtain and give to their spouses.

Do it, Release the info. Social justice must be met.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

All licence have rules. Hunting, driving, fishing, your passport, business licence, a pilots licence and even marriage. The rules for marriage are made up by the people involved. They are called vows. The judge makes them legal. If you break the rules of your licencing agreement, you are in trouble. If a website helps you break those rules, they are in trouble.

If a woman goes home with anyone but her husband she's a bad wife. The husband had nothing to do with it.

If the husband goes home with anyone but his wife then he's a bad husband.

Vows are not legally binding. Marriages don't fail because of just one person.
edit on 23-7-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
I want the hackers to release the data. Cheaters are scum. They know what they are doing and yet do it regardless if it hurts their partner or not. Also mention the sexually transmited diseases that these types of people obtain and give to their spouses.

Do it, Release the info. Social justice must be met.

And you're willing to publicly shame their family, their children, for meeting social justice? I'm guessing you didn't bother to read the last few comments.

Welcome to the new USA. Don't bother thinking of consequences just make sure to feed that outrage and shame those you disagree with. Don't like something? Just start a movement and ruin anyone connected.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I wasn't talking about religious zealotry. I was talking about the fact that people seem to think that absolutely everything is worth defending. Indeed.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

so what you are saying is you are in support of adultry? Yes they deserve to be publically shamed.

If my spouse was a dirty little cheater i'd want to the world to know so after i dump them there's a chance the next guy she hooks up with can find out just as much of a sleeze they are.

Also im not the one to publically shame them but i wouldn't mind doing it if i was presented the option. Being a single male with no companion and not being a cheater myself puts me in the position to not really give a damn about said * conciquences*.

Cheat in of itself brings conciquences. People who are married trying to procreate with someone elses wife or a wife procreating with some other womans man or would be man is just gross and this is how diseases spread like wild fire. Yes i support it. Because its EVIL. It's evil for the children involved, People persue all kind of instant gratification that hurt others. If i was one of the men or woman to be cheated on. I believe i would want to know so i could banish them from my life.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: Aazadan

I wasn't talking about religious zealotry. I was talking about the fact that people seem to think that absolutely everything is worth defending. Indeed.

Not everything is worth defending, but not everything detrimental benefits society to persecute either.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join