It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashley Madison, infamous infidelity website, target of data hack

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Then on our own conscience be it right?

People burning down the things they find immoral leads to a lot of dead people.

Acid in the face for alleged promiscuity. Stoning to death for not marrying a rapist. and all the rest.

Marriage isn't some sacred contract. It's two people agreeing to live together, until they decide not to,

What you are justifying here, is why the Middle East is so messed up. Is that really what you want?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
If I've got a pre-nup and a custody battle it's every damn bit of my business as it pertains to my children and property...
Hypothetically.

Realistically, you don't know what you're talking about!

So keep your stuff as the terms of your agreement, split custody 50/50, and try to have an amicable relationship because those children are going to bind you two together for quite awhile. Her cheating doesn't make her a worse parent, it just means the two of you couldn't get along for some reason.

But, if you don't trust your spouse, and as such you have to snoop around into their activities to see what they were doing, you've clearly got some trust/control issues in the first place, and that can easily push a person away.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Considering children from broken families are at a high risk of failing and turning to crime, I think it is about time that A-holes put their kids before sex.

I am not condoning hacking, but this site needs to be shut down. Freedom of Speech does not need to include freedom of immorality.

And if anyone doesn't think cheating is immoral, then don't get married. Psychology has proven cheating devastates children. My mother suffered from PTSD from being cheated on, and has never been the same. We don't need to guess if it is wrong.

And who get's to decide what is "moral"? See where that leads..

And as for your "psychology has proven cheating devastates children" - what utter bollocks.

Divorce is what upsets children, not the cheating and that is entirely down to the behaviour of the adults in that situation. The children with have no idea what "cheating" is, but they do know mummy and daddy are fighting.

If the adults concerned could deal with it in a mature way, then there would be no detrimental affect on the children at all, but most don't.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Your morality is irrelevant, this is illegality.

So legality is more important than morality.

Exactly the mindset that is wrong with our society.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

if you ever go through a divorce you will learn real quick the difference between moral right and legal right.

unless you have the money to defend your rights you find you have neither.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Yes, because why is your morality more important than the law or someone else's 'morality'?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Yes, because why is your morality more important than the law or someone else's 'morality'?

The law is irrelevant...if the law said I must turn in any Jews to the nazis to be sent to a concentration camp, it doesn't become right because it's 'the law.'

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

What incredible hyperbole. We are discussing actual, legal privacy laws, not some red herring, hypothetical, racial/ethnic-roundup laws.

Want to exagerate more?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

What incredible hyperbole. We are discussing actual, legal privacy laws, not some red herring, hypothetical, racial/ethnic-roundup laws.

Want to exagerate more?

The law as a concept. Sure it's an extreme situation, but it was an actual real world scenario that discredits anyone who says that the law is something which inherently should be followed.

Either the law is something that is inherently important and should be followed, or it isn't. I say it isn't, you say it is. Either you're wrong, or the law is something that should be followed regardless of personal opinion, which certainly includes that situation, which isn't made up one.

Besides, this thread has nothing to do with legality...it's a website, cheaters, and hackers...oh right, that was your point, hacking is worse than cheating, because breaking the law is worse than being immoral...which is a terrible point of view.
edit on 21-7-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

We were not discussing facist Germany but the laws under the United States Constitution. Call me when a law gets passed by Congress authorizing sending citizens to concentration camps. The two are not even moralistically relevant.

ETA: Let me know how you would like it if someone else imposed their morality on you.

edit on 21-7-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

We were not discussing facist Germany but the laws under the United States Constitution. Call me when a law gets passed by Congress authorizing sending citizens to concentration camps. The two are not even moralistically relevant.

So you don't think the law is something that one should inherently follow, and one's personal morality ultimately takes precedent?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Not in all cases as demonstrated by the civil code.

Some religious nutter will moralize that I should not work on the Sabbath or consume alcohol in general; why is their morality better than mine?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Not in all cases as demonstrated by the civil code.

Some religious nutter will moralize that I should not work on the Sabbath or consume alcohol in general; why is their morality better than mine?

It isn't. That was the point I was trying to make. And, given that, the law is not a fundamental thing...one must be self-reliant on one's own insight, because the law is a poor and irrelevant standard to use.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The law is what is in place and is the final arbiter on this case, not people's personal moral code.

I may not like cheaters but you cannot legislate them away.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

For those of you cheering on the hackers due to morality I wonder what you will say if you get hacked over something you do that they find immoral in their viewpoint.

If an adult wants to piss away their relationship what the hell business is it of yours?

Perhaps the lesson here is; "Two wrongs does not make a right."

But is their actions any different than the rest of the world? Think about it and compare it metaphorically with events around the world. the "two wrongs" pattern is visible everywhere. It is the reason why the cycle of hatred continues and why wars rage on. Because people insist on getting vengeance so much that they forget they are even moral or ethical. Which leads me to conclude, that this action in itself performed by the hackers is non-ethical and very much immoral.

The way I see it, the grand FALL happens when one downgrades themselves into the perpetrators level. It is no different than what I call "the vampire touch". You turn into one of the things you hate when you perform similar or worse actions.

That about sums up humanity. As we are stuck inside an orosboros type scenario. However, there is only ONE exception to this case. And it is called self defense.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer
Perhaps the lesson here is; "Two wrongs does not make a right."

I would tend to concur considering one of the wrongs was highly illegal.

edit on 21-7-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Odd choice of a site to hack...

One of the hackers probably had a cheating girlfriend/spouse who used the stie. My guess.
edit on 21-7-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
They won't shut down of their own accord...
That would take ethics and integrity...

& clearly the business they're involved in has neither.

Good.

ugh, I actually agree with you on something...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

The hackers are still commiting a crime by hacking into the site to get nude pictures and credit card information. Interesting angle though.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

If an adult wants to piss away their relationship what the hell business is it of yours?

I've often said that about those bankers in that housing scandal. It's their integrity, they can do what they want with it.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join