It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashley Madison, infamous infidelity website, target of data hack

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

And my point is that the promotion and facility of it should at least be morally reprehensible and indefensible.
So now what?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

And my point is that the promotion and facility of it should at least be morally reprehensible and indefensible.
So now what?
I'm not promoting or facilitating it by simply saying it's allowed to exist.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Then on our own conscience be it right?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Blackmail !!

just in time for the 2016 elections !!

Why? is Hillary on this site or something?
Sanders? or Bushy?

Please don't say Trump!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Serves them right.
Who's stupid enough to believe a website would hold their extra marital relationships secret in this day and age.

Chances are the wives suspected/knew anyway..

I hope the hackers create a paste bin link and put ALL their names and CC details up.

Interesting you only mentioned wives, as if men are the only ones who ever cheat. Statistically, women are just as likely to cheat as men.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Obsessing over the 1st amendment gives you absolutely no moral high ground.

If you believe that cheating on a spouse is okay and using this site is justifiable then there's a very good chance that you're a sociopath. That's not an insult, it's fact.

If there was a site that helped you find a hitman to murder people you have issues with and it got hacked, would you be presenting the same argument?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: alienmma

Murder is illegal. Cheating is not. It may be frowned upon, but not illegal.

As horrible as a site AM is, hacking and stealing information, photos, and credit card information is plain wrong. End of story.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I think a few people here in this thread MIGHT be using the site... Either way, if your wives/husbands read this thread, you damn well better be cheering for the cheaters to be exposed. Lol. However I suspect there are many users who are actually single, but are using it as a dating site as they do not mind banging someone elses partner. Also, when I first saw a commercial for this site, I didn't believe it was real, so looked up the Wikipedia page and saw that theyve been caught creating fake profiles operated by employees to boost their numbers.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: whatmakesyouright

It's unethical, just like murder. Again if cheating on a spouse is acceptable to you then there's a good chance you're a sociopath.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I never said acceptable. I always learned that two wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Wholey my business if my partner is secretly using the site.

No it's not. That's your partners business.

Perhaps thinking that you have a right to control your spouse like a piece of property is why they're on that site in the first place.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Wholey my business if my partner is secretly using the site.

No it's not. That's your partners business.

Perhaps thinking that you have a right to control your spouse like a piece of property is why they're on that site in the first place.

If I've got a pre-nup and a custody battle it's every damn bit of my business as it pertains to my children and property...
Hypothetically.

Realistically, you don't know what you're talking about!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Why? is Hillary on this site or something? Sanders? or Bushy? Please don't say Trump!

This was already covered.

Trump wasn't on Ashley Madison but the hackers revealed pictures of his hair having an affair.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
Why have any laws? Are not all laws supposed to written based on a Moral Code?

The Law is the moral police. If you are not against something then you are for it, inadvertently or not.

Incorrect. Law and morality have nothing in common except for when religious lawmakers try to push their rules on society as a whole. The law is based on what is required for society to not be self destructive.

Profiting off immorality is wrong and should not be protected by law.

What if I say it's immoral to pay an employee less than $35/hour? Paying $8/hour profits me $27/hour.
What if I'm a deeply religious Christian and I say it's immoral to marry gays? What about the for profit marriage centers that will marry anyone?
What if I'm Muslim and say pork is immoral? Can I shut down the pig farmers?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Hacking is illegal, but although they prolly don't WANT to get caught, the hackers in this case prolly have enough conviction in their cause to risk getting caught... If they DO get caught, they'll be instant heroes and martyrs for many people.

How is adultery NOT a crime? (Hyperbole. I realize, technically, "HOW." ) Isn't marriage a contract between people? Endorsed by government? There's USUALLY something in the vows about being faithful, isn't there? Cheating seems like "FRAUD" to me... Isn't fraud a basis for a defining some cases of rape in California now?

While an affair might be good for the cheater's mental health, it SEEMS WAY WORSE (to me) for the mental health of those who are cheated on... This calls for a round psych-drugs for everybody! (Smh)

Why does everyone want marriage if it doesn't really MEAN anything? (More hyperbole... I'd prefer it really meant something.)

(I think I'm using the word "hyperbole" right... Maybe not.)
edit on 7/21/2015 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

But no, surely it's all the other persons fault isn't it...

I remember the word "culpability" being used. Barf.

I'll put it like this (and no, this isn't aimed directly at you, but it fit what you wrote).

The only consistent factor in all of your failed relationships is you.

Something to think about for those on both sides of the cheating "debate".

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

But you fail to understand my point of view. Let me explain. Blind agreement to legislation imposed by governments does not preclude me from advocating my opinion, in this case moral/societal.
Much less does it blinker me to the obvious disagreement my stance may provoke in those who DO blindly follow such moral codes.
I simply, honestly, do not feel one iota of pity either for those who used the service nor for those who provided it in the first place.

I see the website as a good thing. I'll say up front that I would never use it, and I would hope that anyone I was in a relationship with wouldn't use it, but ultimately that is their choice. This website isn't causing more people to cheat though, the cheating rate is nearly 50% and has been since before this website came online. Being able to find someone from the safety of a computer screen, and talk to them a bit before making any decisions seems a lot safer to me, than someone going into a bar, making it obvious they're available, drinking a bit, and making a bad choice.

Also, if the person is really that unhappy in that marriage, and they don't feel they can confront their partner with the issues, if you want what's best for both people involved, shouldn't it be that they can each make a break and see other people? It would be cruel to tie one person into a dead relationship, and equally cruel to prevent others from moving on with theirs, even if it means moving on without you?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FawnyKate
Seriously can you imagine how much stuff will hit the fan if that information ever gets dumped onto the Internet?

The devil inside hopes it does, so I can take a peek.

The little Angle on my other shoulder however, shudders to think of all the heart ache and grief it will cause.

It's probably best it stays buried.

I'm now actually wondering if my dirtbag of an ex will be in that list, ha ha now that would make me smile

I would say... don't look. The world doesn't become a better place by doing so.

If you want, you can think about it like what happens when you get a list of every person your partner has ever been with. At some point, you're going to find someone on that list you disapprove of. This is much the same, it's wiser to simply be ignorant.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Ha ha , Ashley Madison , it really does seem like you pay your money you take your chances .

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyRock
a reply to: Klassified

Morals and ethics aside for a moment. What vested interest do these "hackers" have in shutting this site down?

Money could be one reason. The press here in Sweden reports there are about 37 million accounts hacked. Blackmail each to pay $10 for not leaking their info and you got yourself a "nice" retirement fond.........

Yes.Here its called extortion.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join