It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashley Madison, infamous infidelity website, target of data hack

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Yes, I believe it is acceptable to break a law that is founded in hypocrisy.

How is a right to privacy 'founded in hypocrisy'?

I believe it is revelatory that you would defend those who wish to protect the rights of a group of immoral/amoral money grabbing "business people".

I do not like neo-Nazis, not one bit, I think they are vile and reprehensible human beings. That being said I would defend their rights to free speech because that is how the Constitution operates.

If we are going to get down to the real nitty gritty why don't you tell us WHY you believe that these types of people deserve to be protected under your blessed constitution?

Because they have federally protected rights to privacy.

What exactly is it that you wish to protect?

Their Constitutional rights.

Do you doubt your politicians ability to use common sense in the application of such rules?

How does the right to privacy violate common sense?

Or would you rather that your politicians did not use such rules at all?

All PRIVATE citizens have certain federally protected rights, politicians do not have as many protections.

I truly wish I could be bothered to find the gif of Orson Welles slow handclapping because that, my dear sir, is playing to the gallery on a scale I have not seen for quite some time.
Agree to disagree then, and no hard feelings.

edit on 20-7-2015 by Jonjonj because: meh

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

...is playing to the gallery on a scale I have not seen for quite some time.

I think I have, in my 8 years here, established that I am a staunch Constitutionalist and I have no need for third party approval for me to voice my sentiments.

Agree to disagree and no hard feelings as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

So...

I wonder how many people are freaking out about their info being leaked?

I wonder if any divorce attorneys are licking their chops over this...?

37 million people are sweating heavily today. That a lot of $$$ for divorce lawyers...

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Are people's social lives so barren that they need a website to find an extramarital fling?

Whatever happened to the bar at an airport hotel? The coworker?

If there's 37 million people on that site looking to cheat, then I bet the number is four times that of people emotionally cheating with other people via Snapchat, Facebook Messenger, email, ect...

Why are we getting ourselves into miserable relationships and staying in them?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienmma
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Comparing gay rights and religion to a site that's literally based on having affairs lol

You're a simpleton and the username you chose is an insult to science itself.

I'm glad it was hacked. It's an unethical website that only exists for scandalous people
Easy there sunshine, I didn't personally insult you. You seem to be taking this all rather personally. Dial it back a bit champ.

You can be glad it was hacked. I have said multiple times in this thread that I would be lying if I did cheer a little on the inside when I found this out.

However, that doesn't change the fact that it was illegal, and the perpetrators should be pursued, caught, and persecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Hacker groups cannot be allowed to decide what is moral, and what isn't. That is all I am advocating for. Comparing it to religion and gay right is an apt comparison, as those website could ALSO be targets of "Moral" hackers who bring down a website because it's "morally correct" to do so. So I'll ask again.

Would you cheer them on even then, and hope they avoid being caught?

If your answer is no, then you should probably re-evaluate why it is that you allow your own personal morals to define what should be legal or not. I hold myself to a higher standard called the 1st amendment. I don't agree with one bit or byte on that website, but damnit, I will defend to my last breath their right to exist.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Are people's social lives so barren that they need a website to find an extramarital fling?

If there's 37 million people on that site looking to cheat, then I bet the number is four times that of people emotionally cheating with other people via Snapchat, Facebook Messenger, email, ect...

That made me wonder something. If the internet ceased to exist tomorrow, those 37 million cheaters would look elsewhere for their cheat fix, would they not? If this hack as a name & shame deal is so supported by people, would a name & shame spread in national newspapers also be acceptable with the exact same information? Those same people would probably say yes, but it's still a privacy violation no matter how you slice it.

In the grand scheme of things, these are just adulterers using a legal website. Not pedophile rings operating in the shadows of the bowels of the internet.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

People want to believe they made the right choice. They will justify that choice to the end of the earth even if it means staying in a crap relationship. There are any number of reasons for why people stay in failing relationships. The belief you can change someone, the disbelief that it's not that bad, hell even straight up Stockholm Syndrome. We convince ourselves that we made the right choice and stick to it because admitting you were wrong or admitting defeat is something that must NEVER be done, even if it's only to yourself.

That kind of hard-headedness is tiring.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I bet if the "victims" were paedophiles the up in arms defence strategy would be akin to the defences of a rather small, undefended house in the French Pyranees.
Just sayin.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The site actively promotes having affairs.
The site actively encourages married/in a relationship people to be with other people.
It isn't a dating site, it is a recipe for causing destruction. Why do you not get that?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
WHAT kind of STUPID culture COULDN'T see THIS comming?
THE SPOOKS alone would pay OUT THE NOSE for that stuff..Politicians, LAWYERS.
AMAZING
edit on 20-7-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I just heard that this is a Canadian site.

I thought all them canooks were nice and not kinky.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

AMAZING

Many cultures from around the globe despite it being a Toronto based company. There are 37 million people subscribed to Ashley Madison. There are only 35 million Canadians....

Membership[edit]
Ashley Madison is a membership website and service based in Canada; its supposed membership of over 22 million members come from 30 countries:

Location Countries

North America: Canada, USA, Mexico

Europe: United Kingdom,Ireland,Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Denmark, Italy, Netherlands, France, Belgium, Portugal, Greece, Sweden, Finland, Norway

Oceania: Australia, New Zealand

Africa: South Africa
Asia: Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Philippines, Taiwan, South Korea, India

The company announced plans to launch in Singapore in 2014.However, Singapore's Media Development Authority (MDA) announced that it will not allow Ashley Madison to operate in Singapore as it promotes adultery and disregards family values.

The short answer to your question:

A: a Global one.

I will leave it up to you to research which country produced the highest membership. I honestly have no clue, but I know it definitely is not Canada. I'm actually laughing because Ashley Madison (a CDN company) has more members than the total population of Canada.

AMAZING

Yes, first rule of boxing and mixed martial arts is: Protect yourself at all times.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Are you equating infidelity with pedophelia?? Wow, you have a warped sense of morality. This is no where near that.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Wow I feel SO MUCH better about myself... Christian and former Cav and all.
I would think some traps are obvious to all.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Serves them right.
Who's stupid enough to believe a website would hold their extra marital relationships secret in this day and age.

Chances are the wives suspected/knew anyway..

I hope the hackers create a paste bin link and put ALL their names and CC details up.
edit on pm757318202015-07-20T19:57:26-05:00072015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: Jonjonj

Are you equating infidelity with pedophelia?? Wow, you have a warped sense of morality. This is no where near that.

Absolutely not, I am equating the response to the situation in this case to the possible response to another, quite equivalent situation, given that it is about the release of private information.
So then, what is your opinion?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Life's short, have an affair.
Ashley Madison's security team just had one......

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I bet if the "victims" were paedophiles the up in arms defence strategy would be akin to the defences of a rather small, undefended house in the French Pyranees.
Just sayin.

I was pointing out a major difference, in that pedos wouldn't have willing adult partners in their unsavory escapades. Other than offending your delicate sensibilities, cheating & pedophilia aren't remotely the same boat. Hence, they're just adulterers, not pedos.

At this rate, you sound as though you're struggling to keep defending your viewpoint.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I should have not responded to what you wrote. Just to keep in fashion. You completely missed my point. It is ok.
It saddens me that idiocy has overtaken common sense here. But my sadness is of course irrelevant, and anathema to agenda.
As they say...Whatever!
edit on 20-7-2015 by Jonjonj because: whatever

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

The site actively promotes having affairs.
The site actively encourages married/in a relationship people to be with other people.
It isn't a dating site, it is a recipe for causing destruction. Why do you not get that?
I get that perfectly well. Have you not been reading my posts?

That doesn't change my stance that the site has the right to operate. I find it disgusting, vile, wrong, and in every way possible immoral, but adultery isn't illegal.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join