It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashley Madison, infamous infidelity website, target of data hack

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

While you are entitled to your opinion I do not find the releasing of illegally-obtained private information to the public as moral.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

I understand all the points you have made and in fact, I understand what you are saying.
However, I simply disagree on this particular area, I don't believe that Ashley Madison or companies of that ilk are deserving of protection in a world in which I want to live.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And while I understand your disagreement on this issue I have to say that I believe that the people involved in these infidelities, if you will, should have been well aware of the obvious danger their behaviour would leave them exposed to.

What we basically have here is "getting found out". I see no difference if it is a hacker group or a nosy neighbour/good friend.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

And while I understand your disagreement on this issue I have to say that I believe that the people involved in these infidelities, if you will, should have been well aware of the obvious danger their behaviour would leave them exposed to.

What we basically have here is "getting found out". I see no difference if it is a hacker group or a nosy neighbour/good friend.

The difference being an entire corporate entity is being forced, through an illegal act, to evaluate their future as a company. I don't agree with what the company does one tiny bit, not one little iota. But the fact is an illegal act may have shut down a legally operating company. That's not something to cheer about.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

which politician you thinking is the target?

Or maybe Donald trumps hair has been fooling around on the Donald and the hackers are trying to oppose the hair?

Oh wait this just in: Hackers release pictures of Donald Trumps Hair having an Affair!!!!

edit on 18731America/ChicagoMon, 20 Jul 2015 16:18:48 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

That company does not deserve to exist in my mind, perhaps you can now understand where I am coming from?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

That company does not deserve to exist in my mind, perhaps you can now understand where I am coming from?

Those marriages shouldn't exist either, yet they both exist.

Also who is to say that those members aren't married couples with open relationships? Also would be funny if a married couple agreed to meet or exchange pics and find out its their spouse.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

It's fine to feel that way. I don't think the website had any business existing either.

But they did, and they operating legally. It's not on me, or the government, or some hackers to tell this business they can't operate. This is no different than North Korea hacking Sony saying if they don't stop that stupid movie about Kim Jong Un's assassination from premiering, they'll hack even more.

People were crying "Don't bend to hackers!" "Don't let hackers trample on your first amendment rights!"

And yet in this instance, it's suddenly okay? What makes a true proponent of the 1st amendment is protecting speech that you might abhor.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

But you fail to understand my point of view. Let me explain. Blind agreement to legislation imposed by governments does not preclude me from advocating my opinion, in this case moral/societal.
Much less does it blinker me to the obvious disagreement my stance may provoke in those who DO blindly follow such moral codes.
I simply, honestly, do not feel one iota of pity either for those who used the service nor for those who provided it in the first place.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

ETA: I had a rather lengthy post written out but I noticed Railgun pretty much summed up my point when she said, 'What makes a true proponent of the 1st amendment is protecting speech that you might abhor'.

edit on 20-7-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

See above, but just to clarify, I am not American, and I don't subscribe to those amendments.
Some things are worthy of protection, others, despite agendas to the contrary, are not.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: Klassified

which politician you thinking is the target?

Or maybe Donald trumps hair has been fooling around on the Donald and the hackers are trying to oppose the hair?

Oh wait this just in: Hackers release pictures of Donald Trumps Hair having an Affair!!!!

Lol.

Hard to say if it's even a politician. It may be one more way to convince us we "need" more insecurity security. Or another way to say, nothing is private any more. We're all part of The Truman Show.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

See above, but just to clarify, I am not American, and I don't subscribe to those amendments.

Well in that case, in the context of what we are discussing, your opinion has little impact on any discussion of upholding American law.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I agree, sadly for you, American law/morality is not the be all and end all of everything, now is it?
I answered to your first post, nothing more.

edit on 20-7-2015 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I understand all the points you have made and in fact, I understand what you are saying.
However, I simply disagree on this particular area, I don't believe that Ashley Madison or companies of that ilk are deserving of protection in a world in which I want to live.

I can relate to that and you have every right to feel and think this way, that is your freewill. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your day.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Thank you also for your understanding. Have a good one.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

ETA: I had a rather lengthy post written out but I noticed Railgun pretty much summed up my point when she said, 'What makes a true proponent of the 1st amendment is protecting speech that you might abhor'.

I got you boo.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

edit on 20-7-2015 by Jonjonj because: misread

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: danielsil18
37 million joined Ashley Madison!?

Maybe marriage goes against human nature.

Starred.

Scientific consensus would agree with you. Monogamy can be a societal norm, such as in Western civilization, but it is not natural to our species. We are promiscuous, and most of us will act on it, sooner or later.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: danielsil18
37 million joined Ashley Madison!?

Maybe marriage goes against human nature.

Starred.

Scientific consensus would agree with you. Monogamy can be a societal norm, such as in Western civilization, but it is not natural to our species. We are promiscuous, and most of us will act on it, sooner or later.

But murder is also natural to our species, in fact we ONLY call it murder under certain circumstances.
We are a dominant species, we kill our enemies. Rape too is natural, in fact many mammals both rape/mate and then kill previous young. If we agree that the primal urge should be obeyed then everything is ok.
It seems we want to go both forwards and backwards sometimes, away from our animal instincts while at the same time towards them.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join