It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashley Madison, infamous infidelity website, target of data hack

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

A relationship is a two person affair. If one partner is, say, emotionally unfulfilling or becomes asexual then the other partner will look to fill those needs elsewhere. There are typically two people to blame when relationships devolve to this point except in the case of serial cheaters.

Don't buy this argument at all. If things are so horrible with a spouse that withholds love and sex, and they have no interest in trying to improve things, then end the marriage. There is no honor in cheating - ever.

Are you so dense that you'd overlook staying with a cheating spouse for the moolah & good life livin'? Hell, if my dad had not wanted to marry his Shanghai mistress, and had retained his 6-figure globe-trotting job, you bet your arse my mom would have stayed married to him -- she SAID AS MUCH. At the point of his affair, they were pretty much over each other as spouses, but she was still really fond of his money. He was fond of his housewife taking care of everything domestic at home. They were pretty much just disinterested friends with occasional benefits at that point. My bet is a lot of, if not the majority of, these cheating spouses on AM are in the same boat, and thus your outrage isn't going to mean diddly to them.

Bingo! Hold your cards!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Oh, and the world "Culpability" "Culpable" or any variation thereof doesn't appear in the article.

Culpability is defined this way.

"Culp" is defined as the act of throwing lawn furniture at elephants. Culpability means getting away with it.

And since when did ATS become the bastion of morality here???

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Oh, and the world "Culpability" "Culpable" or any variation thereof doesn't appear in the article.

It appeared in the thread.
Before the article surfaced.

The article was used to justify the proclamation of culpability.

Hopefully you understand my position a little better now.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I don't think at any point Augustus even hinted at justifying cheaters.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
You can blame another person for how you are feeling (spouse treating you badly, toddler behaving badly), but you can only blame you and you alone for your actions (cheating on the spouse, beating the toddler).

A failing ADULT relationship often requires both parties to make serious adjustments and both are often responsible for the relationship's shortcomings. The article is not about blame but about the underlying failings and why they occur.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thank you for giving the TL;DR version of my previous post.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I don't think at any point Augustus even hinted at justifying cheaters.

No, I made it clear I do not think it is right but some people cannot get past the fact I defend people's right to privacy, even if they are cheating on their spouses.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Thank you for giving the TL;DR version of my previous post.

Yours was much more in depth and loaded with feelings which us men are unable to articulate.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
WHEW!

I read it all...

"WRATH OF THE SCORNED"

7/10 wouldn't read again.

Moral of the thread?

Keep your pimp hand strong.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Good. What a sickening idea for a website.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

If an adult wants to piss away their relationship what the hell business is it of yours?

Sure go ahead and turn a blind eye to the problem like everyone else. "Oh they're throwing away potentially thousands of dollars from the wedding, wasting time and effort, and possibly destroying their wife's/husband's life. But it's ok, it's none of my business!"

Attitudes like this kind of get under my skin. Society breeds you to believe that you need not worry about anyone else. Their problem is their problem, and to an extent it's true, but it doesn't mean you have to be inhuman and turn a blind eye. Someone starts choking in a restaurant - "Too bad, not my problem!"

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: alienmma

Would you say the same when islamic hackers take down a christian website?

Or when far right hackers take down a gay rights website?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysticrecluse

If an adult wants to piss away their relationship what the hell business is it of yours?

Sure go ahead and turn a blind eye to the problem like everyone else. "Oh they're throwing away potentially thousands of dollars from the wedding, wasting time and effort, and possibly destroying their wife's/husband's life. But it's ok, it's none of my business!"

Attitudes like this kind of get under my skin. Society breeds you to believe that you need not worry about anyone else. Their problem is their problem, and to an extent it's true, but it doesn't mean you have to be inhuman and turn a blind eye. Someone starts choking in a restaurant - "Too bad, not my problem!"
Oh yeah. I'd just sit there and do nothing if someone was choking in front of me because I don't care what two adults are doing in their respective (sometimes separate) bedrooms.

Do I care if someone cheats? If it's a friend, or relative, you bet. I'm concerned. I want to know why, what they plan to do, etc.

If it's a perfect stranger, why should I care if her husband is sleeping around? It's not my business.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mysticrecluse

Railgun already beat me to it but ya you are taking that line way out of context.

It is none of our business if a spouse wants to cheat.

How you can twist that into people ignoring someone dying is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Attitudes like this kind of get under my skin.

If you, or anyone else, decided to get involved in my personal relationships I would give you clear, concise and vivid instruction on what to stick and where to stick it.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

What vested interest do these "hackers" have in shutting this site down?

I was asking myself the question when I first heard of this. I'm guessing that they are aware of the following 3 things:

1. Ashley Madison has some cash

2. Ashley Madison business is 100% dependent on keeping things quite.

3. If Ashley Madison data gets exposed their business and possibly that industry itself would collapse, as others would lose faith on registering.

So I think they attacked Ashley Madison not because of the business they are in, but because their business and industry depends on keeping that data quite.

In other words , the hackers are under the assumption that AMadison will pay just about anything to keep it quite. So its nothing but an opportunistic hack with a potential for a big payout.

Now it will be interesting to see what politicians are on the list, or how quickly the hackers get caught , or if they commit suicide like the last DC madam did?
edit on 51731America/ChicagoMon, 20 Jul 2015 15:51:30 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Oh yeah. I'd just sit there and do nothing if someone was choking in front of me because I don't care what two adults are doing in their respective (sometimes separate) bedrooms.

Do I care if someone cheats? If it's a friend, or relative, you bet. I'm concerned. I want to know why, what they plan to do, etc.

If it's a perfect stranger, why should I care if her husband is sleeping around? It's not my business.

Hey, Asuna, I was just making a point. A very rant-filled point because cheaters also get under my skin. Women have cheated on me more than I'd like to admit. Almost any other time I despise hackers, but this is one time that they are actually making people think twice before doing something immoral.

I just think that as a whole, people shouldn't be so eager to turn a blind eye. Yes, privacy is important, and people do need to deal with their own issues, but like you said...It's reason for concern (especially when it's about someone you know personally).

Am I foolish to care about people I don't know? I'm just sick of the state of the moral-less society. I'm kind of fed up with things, and this is one of the many issues that's super prevalent. At times, yeh, what do I care if they waste their money and time? It's not directly affecting me. Other times, I really do feel bad because I know what it feels like to be on the bad end of a cheating relationship.

Also, I wasn't intentionally directing my rant at AugustusMasonicus. It just came across that way. :/ He made a good point, I just think people shouldn't be so eager to turn a blind eye to issues.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Okay, I get the point - I'm sorry, I was wrong to go there, but I was only trying to make a point.

Although, what if the cheater causes depression though? Suicide? Someone might die in that scenario, no?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
It will be interesting to see how this plays out, and what they are really after. I have my suspicions as to where this is going. I'm not so sure these guy/gals are any old hackers. I'm wondering if there's some funding behind them that has a vested interest in more than what we're able to see at the moment.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I am ok with morality being decided by SCIENTIFIC FACTS, not religious dogma.

You don't need science or religion to tell you that cheating on your wife is bad, it should be common sense. I like science, but we don't need their input on this one.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join