It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth from 1 million miles away

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
From the GEOS West archive here, this is the visible wavelength image from 1900Z on 6-July-2015:

Laying that over the DSCOVR image and adjusting for the curvature of the Earth (which I couldn't get perfect, but close enough), you can clearly see the clouds match up:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FoosM
looks like the clouds are trapped under a glass ceiling.

NO SHADOWS and still confused.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Okeyd57

Different type of camera a TOTALLY different type of optics so a different result it's not rocket science

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Okeyd57
If that image was shot from 4 times the distance from Earth to the Moon, then it must be zoomed. I remember the shots from the Moon by Apollo astronauts show an Earth that appears much farther away than this shot does.

That camera, like many others carried on space probes, is basically mounted on a telescope: www.nesdis.noaa.gov...

EPIC is a 10-channel spectroradiometer that uses a Cassegrain type telescope, built by SSG Inc., comprised two filterwheels with six positions each (the open hole plus five spectral filters). It is a reflecting Ritchey-Chretien design with an aperture diameter of 30.5 cm, f 9.38, a FOV of 0.61° and an angular sampling resolution of 1.07 arcsec. (Once at L1, Earth varies from 0.45° to 0.53° f ull width.)

It's basically a 12-inch telescope.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
In 2008 a Japanese Lunar orbiter took this incredible footage of the Earth as it was completely illuminated as seen from the moon

i.imgur.com...

Is this fake to ?

Sure does look round to me ....

Yes that is fake. How can you not tell that it is computer generated? Just look at the moon's topography and color, obvious simulation.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mogget
Am I to understand that at least one person in this thread is finding yet another ridiculous conspiracy theory in.......a photo of Earth?? This place just gets worse.

Pretty much, you can't believe a word from NASA just like any other government acronymn, why would this be any different? There are a littany of NASA liews out there, just look for them, they are so obvious they seem like idiots for trying to pull it off. Look at timelapse footage of Earth from space, they clearly show a 12 hour and 24 hour time lapse video of Earth and not once do any of the clouds dissipate or change, they just move from East to West (mind you in 12-24 hours). Anyone wanna tell me how that is possible? It is not. That is like saying someone in Russia painted a cloud red and in 12 hours that exact cloud will be visible over the midwest U.S.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

Please point out one of these time lapses.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mogget
Am I to understand that at least one person in this thread is finding yet another ridiculous conspiracy theory in.......a photo of Earth?? This place just gets worse.

Oh of course we should trust unknown billionaire corporations and unseen entities that we are seeing the truth.

They have such a glowing track record all throughout history

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: iDope
There are a littany of NASA liews out there, just look for them, they are so obvious they seem like idiots for trying to pull it off.

Look at timelapse footage of Earth from space, they clearly show a 12 hour and 24 hour time lapse video of Earth and not once do any of the clouds dissipate or change, they just move from East to West (mind you in 12-24 hours). Anyone wanna tell me how that is possible? It is not.

Actually that would be West to East. I'd also like to see this footage. While I wait for you to find one here are a couple of vintage ones:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Did you see my post earlier where I matched cloud formations to those seen in an ISS photo taken on the same day over the same area?

Also, how can you make such a sweeping generalisation and reject everything that comes from NASA, despite the fact that they do a lot of valid research that can be independantly verified? Shall we also reject everything that comes from medicine, biology, geology, and other sciences and institutes that do those sciences?

Besides, that spacecraft is operated by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), which is an American scientific agency within the United States Department of Commerce focused on the conditions of the oceans and the atmosphere. NOAA warns of dangerous weather, charts seas and skies, guides the use and protection of ocean and coastal resources, and conducts research to improve understanding and stewardship of the environment.

They don't need your trust; they simply perform research that is very important to the way the modern world functions:

The Deep Space Climate Observatory, or DSCOVR, will maintain the nation's real-time solar wind monitoring capabilities
which are critical to the accuracy and lead time of NOAA's space weather alerts and forecasts. Without timely and accurate warnings, space weather events like the geomagnetic storms caused by changes in solar wind have the potential to disrupt nearly every major public infrastructure system, including power grids, telecommunications, aviation and GPS.

www.nesdis.noaa.gov...
edit on 22-7-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey

There are a littany of NASA liews out there, just look for them, they are so obvious they seem like idiots for trying to pull it off.

Look at timelapse footage of Earth from space, they clearly show a 12 hour and 24 hour time lapse video of Earth and not once do any of the clouds dissipate or change, they just move from East to West (mind you in 12-24 hours). Anyone wanna tell me how that is possible? It is not.

Actually that would be West to East. I'd also like to see this footage. While I wait for you to find one here are a couple of vintage ones:

edit on 22-7-2015 by iDope because: (no reason given)

Ya I watched your post and it does not disprove my theory. The clouds in a 12 hour period don't seem to move much or even change. Given the rotation of the Earth and the passing of clouds overhead, those videos just add to my theory. In those videos it is as if the clouds are permanent formations. never growing dark or never disapating or anything. Earth from Galileo SAT As you will easilty notice, none of the clouds change and stick to the location they were previouslty above. Which as you will easily know from obstervation, clouds move over your head and don't follow yourself as the Earth rotates.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

Did you see my post earlier where I matched cloud formations to those seen in an ISS photo taken on the same day over the same area?

Also, how can you make such a sweeping generalisation and reject everything that comes from NASA, despite the fact that they do a lot of valid research that can be independantly verified? Shall we also reject everything that comes from medicine, biology, geology, and other sciences and institutes that do those sciences?

Besides, that spacecraft is operated by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), which is an American scientific agency within the United States Department of Commerce focused on the conditions of the oceans and the atmosphere. NOAA warns of dangerous weather, charts seas and skies, guides the use and protection of ocean and coastal resources, and conducts research to improve understanding and stewardship of the environment.

They don't need your trust; they simply perform research that is very important to the way the modern world functions:

The Deep Space Climate Observatory, or DSCOVR, will maintain the nation's real-time solar wind monitoring capabilities
which are critical to the accuracy and lead time of NOAA's space weather alerts and forecasts. Without timely and accurate warnings, space weather events like the geomagnetic storms caused by changes in solar wind have the potential to disrupt nearly every major public infrastructure system, including power grids, telecommunications, aviation and GPS.

www.nesdis.noaa.gov...

Can you prove everything they have given to the public is truth? And everything they are supposedly doing is actually happening? It's not science if it is not allowed to be replicated. What research do they do in space that you can Validate? I'm not discrediting all science, I am discrediting government produced science. VTW nearly all scientific journals published on a major scale are owned by 5 publishing companies, no different than MSM, so what is truth? You show me your experiments and I will bite.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
NASA have posted quite an epic and evocative image today - our planet as seen by the Deep Space Climate Observatory from one million miles away.

This color image of Earth was taken by NASA’s Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera (EPIC), a four megapixel CCD camera and telescope. The image was generated by combining three separate images to create a photographic-quality image. The camera takes a series of 10 images using different narrowband filters -- from ultraviolet to near infrared -- to produce a variety of science products. The red, green and blue channel images are used in these color images.

This is blasphemy! Copernicus and Pythagoras should be crucified. Even better, hanged, quatered and drawn.

This reminds me of the view of Earth Apollo astronauts had on their way to the Moon. The spacecraft is actually almost 4 times more distant from Earth than the Moon is, orbiting a point between Earth and the Sun called L1 Lagrangian point.

Source and full-size image: www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Can you prove everything they have given to the public is truth?

Don't have to "prove it." Critical thinking helps separate the wheat from the chaff.

You can disbelieve anything you chose. Have fun on your flat little world.

edit on 7/22/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: wildespace

I don't get it. I looks round?

But flat too.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: network dude

I don't get it. I looks round?

But flat too.

Yes, and Eurasia and Africa are on the opposite side of the "coin".

But the explanation for the flat look, I believe, is due to the long focal length (aka an extreme telephoto view). This destroys the sense of depth.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Can you prove everything they have given to the public is truth? And everything they are supposedly doing is actually happening?

Right back at ya - can you prove everything they have given to the public is a lie? And everything they are supposedly doing isn't actually happening? I believe the burden of proof is on you, for making such extraordinary claims.

It's not science if it is not allowed to be replicated. What research do they do in space that you can Validate? I'm not discrediting all science, I am discrediting government produced science.

Practically all science (not counting contributions from amateur astronomers) is government produced. It allows you to live your modern life, get health care, use public and private transport, use your GPS, get enough of good quality food, and many other things you take for granted.

As for verifying NASA's research, there are many other countries, institutes, space agencies, etc. that do the same (or similar) things, and even an amateur astronomer with good equipment can verify a lot of NASA's data.

In the example above, I have verified the spacecraft's image of Earth using an ISS astronaut's photo.

Let's see some work from you in proving that NASA's (and other organisations' like NOAA) data is fabricated. And why would it be fabricated if, as I have described above, the data is used in our modern lives to provide better safety and understanding of the world we live on?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Don't have to prove it? Like God? So it is truth because unprovable right? You just take pdfs as truth because a multibillion organization puts them out on your penny? You take computer simulations and paintings and graphics as proof? If so, then Hollywood CGI is real because I saw it and the math correlates with what would be real.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Don't have to prove it?

Not to you I don't.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

NASA has been proven to lie numerous of times. So I distrust everything they say. The Pluto mission isn't NASA so I have hope, but still, I am skeptical. I am a skeptic of many things, however, by being a skeptic of what people believe as truth for the reason that these same people cannont prove that truth for themself by math or science thus go on just believing scientists they uphold as gods in their field of science for revealing the proof to them through government granted textbooks.

And because other governents produce similar claims on science eans nothing, follow the money, think about a one world government and what it would actually mean. Can you really proce that the ISS photo wasn't part of the composite image? And if it was, that it came from the ISS? That the image from the ISS wasn't just doppler radar of weather over a percieved world? Noone can prove anything unless they are in that realm, and leaking real photos is against their contract for a reason, and which is why everything is compartmentalized.

Each person is a pixel of data and their job is a pixel within the big picture, you leak info it is blacked out or disbelieved and then silenced.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join