It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

epidemics threaten quake victims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I did not see this posted anywhere when I did a search. This after the quake can potentially cause as many deaths as the quake and ensuing tsunami if steps are not taken to bring this under control, especially when it comes to protecting the water sources! Chlorea, can kill in hours

GENEVA, Switzeland (Reuters) -- The United Nations has warned of epidemics within days unless health systems in south and southeast Asia can cope after thousands of people were killed and tens of thousands left homeless by giant waves.

www.cnn.com...

The longer term effects may be as devastating as the tidal wave or the tsunami itself ... Many more people are now affected by polluted drinking water. We could have epidemics within a few days unless we get health systems up and running.

I saw a health oranization representative on CNN last night appealing for help on this subject. He said if there is not steps taken soon, thousand more will die because of these disease's running unchecked!

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Problem is they have no/few health facilities to begin with in much of that area. It will be bad, actually very bad - but that is unfortunately a fact of life in that area.

Heck, even in the nicer areas it's still not good and what little economy they had will take a hit for some time.

You see the one shot on CNN site with all the dead fish on the beach?? Even basic subsistence fishing economy will be hurt as the whole ecosystem took a major hit....

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
All its going to take is one instant of Avian flu crossed with human influnza A and his world is in serious trouble

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
Problem is they have no/few health facilities to begin with in much of that area. It will be bad, actually very bad - but that is unfortunately a fact of life in that area.

Heck, even in the nicer areas it's still not good and what little economy they had will take a hit for some time.

You see the one shot on CNN site with all the dead fish on the beach?? Even basic subsistence fishing economy will be hurt as the whole ecosystem took a major hit....

The economy is secondary in that area, the experts are saying that once these diseases start there could be as many victims or more that then quake itself!

There is not a way to protect the water supply, or to give all these now homeless people the basics they need to protect themselves, they need clean water, sanitation, food, and clothing, and it sounds like most are not going to get it.

Even if they have access to a water they will not the ability to boil or chlrorinate the water to make it safe.I think this disaster is just beginning! Basic survival is what is at stake here!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Mayet, you read my mind exactly! And this on the heels of the World Health Organization's warning of bird flu PANDEMIC! Scary Indeed!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I am glad I am not the only one to see the danger here.

If it breaks out now in Asia I think we have less than two weeks before we see some serious population recounts..

I don't think I am being too far of centre to say, be prepared. At the first reports of the virus mutating Get Out. Go as far away from everyone as is possible. Make sure water supply is stocked and food already accounted for.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
yes, they need a big amout of formalin. They must to "spray" this on the funerals ASAP, to eliminate
exciters.

Formalin: A 37% aqueous (water) solution of formaldehyde, a pungent gas, with the chemical formula HCHO, used as an antiseptic, disinfectant, and especially today as a fixative for histology (the study of tissues under the microscope).

we use this to can human compounds for the pathology staff also.

regards.

new topics

top topics

join