It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Society and the search for ET

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Instead of looking why not try to attract other possible ET civilizations?
Build 6 very fast, very bright and visible and very annoyingly loud satellite probes and launch them in 6 different directions away from earth at once. North pole, south pole and along the equator north, south, east and west.

Just remember " you reap what you sew" and what contacts us might be a lot more than we wanted or even thought first contact would've been like.

I am not saying malevolent ET's, but what they bring to the table might be more than most people could handle in ways of religion, morales, society, governments, housing, agriculture, ecosystem, biology, warfare, and even the whole human condition in general.

Maybe Mr Hawking is right?
edit on 7/20/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
sry wrong thread
edit on 20-7-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Many top scientist are a bit slow in swallowing their pride about their personal status and that of humanity in general. Perhaps he has come to terms.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Aliens started ruling Earth 10.000 years ago. All this researchs are fake and they try to make humans mild and calm against aliens bcause human are too aggressive and stupid. Human are kill homosexuals, they will kill aliens too. Bcause of that aliens are sending human clones and robots to Earth, for making movies, pc games, documantaries

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
interesting

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
he also said we should avoid them at all cost.

I suppose the logic is that if we don't know there's life then we don't know if we should hide!

We can't hide anyway, so it's a moot point when all's said and done.

Any sufficiently advanced species out there already likely know there is life on this planet, just by our emissions alone.

We can look at exoplanets and tell spectrally what it's composition is, whether there's water, hydrocarbons, chlorophyll etc. etc...we can determine if there is life on these exo-worlds just by looking at them, add to that our electro-magnetic emissions and it's a dead certainty that if ET was looking our way, they'd have a job to miss us.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Are they looking for legal or illegal aliens?? I know quite few... might get some nice cash...

On serious side, this seems quite interesting, and hopefully will get us closer to knowing answer to ultimate question - are we alone.

What scares me, wasn't Hawkins one predicting that finding aliens might turn really bad for us??

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Yeah, it was him.

He a fantastic physicist, but that's as far as his expertise goes i think.

He said we ought not be trying to contact ET, as they may be aggressive and wipe us out if they knew we were here.

Now...he seems to have had quite a change of opinion.

I suppose even brilliant theoretical physicists can change their minds.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Didn't Hawking warn us that aliens were hostile and we should steer clear? Now he is promoting this effort, what has changed?

He's changing his tune after his PR team told him NO!

Now they've reached a compromise and he can do it in this nicer way.

Plus he said "If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans". Which made many white people feel bad about themselves and guilty.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: igor_ats

Yeah, it didn't go well for the natives at the time, but did it end well for them, that's more the question isn't it?
I think about it like this;

Here we are with our imperfect (to be kind) systems, our corruption, our warlike behaviour, our inequality, we let people starve to death while scraping a 3rd of our food into the bin, we pollute our environment, we kill for profit and all the rest of it...if ET came and introduced a system of society that while alien to us, addressed our problems and offered viable and agreeable solutions to them, who cares if our societies are irrevocably changed?

We could do with that kind of change.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The missing people lists should be examined to see who is being taken, and the abductions people should be assed to see what physical and intellectual traits they have in common. I believe the best of humanity is taken else where to work as slaves or to colonize a new planet. I think this planet is so messed up, people have some very bad selfish ideas and actions. I get a three day headache, an eye twitch, and constipation every time I visit my relatives. They are honest hardworking educated people. They are competitive and unwelcoming, holding no empathy for others. They just don't care about anyone or any thing else. Everything is too excessive here on this planet. We probably look insane from the air.
Dirty poverty, overpopulation, war zones, strip mining, deforestation, pollution....
edit on 21-7-2015 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This is awesome! A bit late I'd assume.. but late is better then never right?

Why now? Maybe the most recognized scientist of our time, realizes his age and the current potential of technology and human mental capabilities. .. it makes sense to aide in search now, before his fragile life passes.

I mean that with most respect to the man, but he won't live forever, and given his mind, I'm sure it's dire to find at least a clue to an answer then none at all.

We allow billions in tax payer dollars to look at rocks and soil. Why not for searching for neighbors in the galactic community?

I'm glad I'm young! If we are to find life outside this atmosphere, it should happen in my life time.

And that excites me!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
We dont have to look for ET, only the visible signs of intelligence. For example, if 'ET' turned its attention to Earth they would spot hundreds of satellites in close orbit around the planet. Naturally enough, alien civilization has probably moved on from that so to give you a clue, why dont you examine the star "Enif"? [21hr 44m 09° 52'] close by there is a stellar formation in the shape of an arrow, pointing approximately at the M15 cluster. I say approximately, but it is moving and by A.D.4500 it will be pointing at the M15 cluster - so I should guess by that time it is expected that we will have the capability to travel there. Not a bad idea to base your civilization in a remote cluster, if an emerging race (the North Koreans) worked up an Invasion Armada it would be very easy to detect crossing open space.
ET isn't going to drag its heels waiting for the next exciting development in human evolution (the iPhone 7) nor will it want to interact with us in any negative way but one thing to look for is the obvious presence of geometry within nature. If it is an improbable geometric arrangement that defies formation theory, you are right, it isn't natural, its them.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
EDIT: Sorry I was mis-reading this news at www.engadget.com... as meaning Breakthrough Listen would be an alternaive to Seti. But it's actually an extension of Seti? Am I understanding that?

edit on 21-7-2015 by DrTeeth because: misreading

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DrTeeth

It is SETI. It has never been said otherwise. Anything that involves the search for intelligent extraterrestrial life is SETI.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Now I know you don't believe me about this geometry theory, so I'm going to show you. Have a look at the following planetary images and try to spot any natural geological feature that has some kind of organised pattern or layout, it should just jump right out at you.
Thats right, the volcanoes of Mars. Now I defy anyone to find some other feature on any other solar surface that follows similar geometric arrangement. Meaning? ET has been there, didn't like the sort of life that developed - put the kybosh on it; and there's the mark.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Here is the amazing Arrow of Enif, courtesy of Stellarium. This doesn't really do it justice. If it is viewed from a telescope the regular geometry, uniform brightness and colour of the stars becomes quite apparent. Really unnatural.

edit on 24-7-2015 by Cinnamon because:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Maybe we just don't taste good enough for any of them to come here.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: proob4
there is an excellent likelihood that Stephen Hawking has been dead for years, and what we see is a stand in. so the title, royal society etc, is correct, but the Hawking opinion is theirs, not his. vide Miles Mathis web site, contains before and after pics and other evidence. particularly notice the lower front teeth... no way is the current Hawking the original. Hawking as i recall was the Bodelian prof of the Royal Society....

<< 1    3 >>

join