It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Man armed with AR-15 stands guard at Virginia military recruiting offices

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:09 PM

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: intrptr

What about the rest?

It's not a publicity stunt it's a perceived solidarity move by vets for active duty and AGAIN…if it IS NOT a fully automatic system it is NOT an assault rifle and COMPLETELY legal to have and carry in some states as YOU have completely ignored time and time again.

Read my other post. Assault rifle is a media generated term. Assault rifles don't exist. Any thing people assauit another with is an assault weapon. This involves distinction in courts of law associated with evidence of forensics and testimony.

The brick , knife or firearm used in an assault is considered a weapon of assault, either to harm or kill. In that sense a brick can be an assault weapon.

Because a rifle is made form black plastic and parkerized metal, has a flash hider and extended magazine or is "wicked looking" does not make it an "assault rifle".

By the way, I know it wasn't a publicity stunt to begin with, I said it was spun out of control by the media.
edit on 22-7-2015 by intrptr because: By the way,

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:52 PM

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: notmyrealname

Okay chameleon, let me get this straight… you are for a return to minutemen militias to protect the hood locally, right? I get that.

Your posts seem to lack common courtesy however, I will overlook it as it seems you can't help it. You also tend to make straw man arguments as a matter of rule. Minutemen nor militia were mentioned be me in my post. A community taking care of itself was all I said would be sufficient.

Good luck, the US government would never allow that , the only civil patrols we got in mass suburbia is "neighborhood watch", people armed with cell phones. The National Guard is the governments version of "minute men", now.

It is not the job of the federal government to tell local communities how to act or congregate unless the State specifically requests it. Neighborhoods organizing and protecting themselves is not illegal and actually quite a good idea. Comparing the National Guard to Minutemen is similar to comparing a Great White shark to a Minnow.

Call it what you will they are military. Groups of locals organized and armed are usually burned to death in their 'clubhouses' like in WACO, for instance.

This is a typical example of a fallacy of division argument; taking a rare example like Waco and attempting to apply it in a broad fashion is not a reasonable argument.

People aren't taught nowadays to organize they are taught to bicker with each other.

Your posts show that you have learned this skill quite nicely; good job!

You want a return to the constitution, there has to be an uprising generally to accomplish that.

There doesn't 'have' to be anything more than citizens becoming active in their communities peacefully to effect change. There is no reason to make things melodramatic.

The last peaceful attempt at that was Occupy Wall Street. What do you suggest? Are you fighting the invisible war on terror or really calling for change of the Status Quo?

Let me guess…

According to Micah White, the Occupy Wall Street movement was about

#ows is fighting back against the corrosive power of major banks and multinational corporations over the democratic process, and the role of Wall Street in creating an economic collapse that has caused the greatest recession in generations.

I fail to see the relevance of your referral in the context of this thread however, I am not surprised.

...please try to be relevant in your posts...
edit on 22-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: word change.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:58 PM
a reply to: intrptr

I just saw your comment; we agree on something. Yey.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:15 PM
a reply to: notmyrealname

Yah, insert whoopee cushion sound.

The rest you say will better things (organizing arms militias) is a pipe dream in suburbia. Maybe you live in a more rural setting in which case they already respond to each others problems because people are more self sufficient and any rescue and EMT help is further away.

We don't really agree on much else about this guy standing guard at recruiting offices. That kind of behavior is a slippery slope and fraught with potential problems like organizing into vigilantism and mob rule, for instance.

Like I asked earlier, is he still there or was it just a demonstration?

Go home buddy… its over, you're frightening the locals.

top topics
<< 4  5  6   >>