It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man armed with AR-15 stands guard at Virginia military recruiting offices

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I can recall three. Whether you've seen them or not isn't really germane to whether my response has stayed the same.

Yep.

Why?

Nope.

Gee... Is it SO hard to just copy paste these supposed questions? I'll answer them if you repost. I'm trying to offer an olive branch here. I take personal pride it trying to answer all the points in someone's conversation, but if you want to be an ass about it, then you can consider those questions will remain unanswered.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You said you don't have time to read.

But apparently you DO have time to sit here and debate endlessly.

Seems a wee bit lazy to me.

Don't answer them. That'll teach me I guess.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Alright then, I won't. Have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
More interesting information is out there as well IF you happen to have a passing interest ...mrdemocratic.com...
34 dead so far..bearingarms.com...
IF you think it's IMPORTANT...
edit on 20-7-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I had no idea that the president did that, unbelievable, I am still scratching my head with that one.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I already posted my opinion clearly previously in the thread. It seems to me that the thread is being continued by those who seem to want to argue for argument's sake. My intentions and opinions are clear; you are free to disagree however if you are trying to make me change my mind, save your time.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

You can have an opinion that he is overreacting and as I stated above we disagree on this point however one thing that you are inadvertently correct on is that no-one will be attacking out unarmed soldiers where this man has taken up duty; for this I applaud his actions.

The goal of terrorism is to get authorities (or people) to over react. Armed guards become the oppressors. The more there are the more oppressed people feel when they are around.

Theres no need for a hundred , a thousand armed men because of one guy.

But why stop there? Lets put in roadblocks, checkpoints, detention centers, more cameras, and fleets of drones overhead. Will that make you feel 'safe'?

The incidents from trigger happy, bored, young guards trained to kill, will be far worse than a handful of 'terrs'. Thats why they do it, by the way. Terrs can't hope to have any major effect on a military as vast as the united states. Their goal is to get the government to over react and oppress the people so they rise up and overthrow that government through oppression and violation of citizens rights. Judging by the "war on terror", I'd say they're winning.

Whether there is an attempt again on a military installation is irrelevant. The act of We The People start taking care of We The People in a responsible manner is the point of this evolution.

I might agree with that to a point… but again, it isn't possible for society to protect itself currently with the anti gun laws, as a result of theses incidents. Each incident restricts the rights of the citizens further.

Having less armed citizens makes it even easier for people to commit mass murder. Besides they don't attack police stations, they land on movie theaters, malls and schools.

It is an added bonus that there would be someone on duty ready to attempt to stop an attack.

Preventing Lightning is a good analogy, so is playing whack a mole.

You want a police state, try not to over react.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
originally posted by: intrptr

The goal of terrorism is to get authorities (or people) to over react. Armed guards become the oppressors. The more there are the more oppressed people feel when they are around.

That is one goal of terrorism and overreaction is a relative term; as such your invalid argument and false narrative of over reaction does not hold much credence. Encouraging community citizens to take care of something that the military cannot due to bureaucratic regulations in not a 'overreaction', it is plain and simple common sense.

Theres no need for a hundred , a thousand armed men because of one guy.

But why stop there? Lets put in roadblocks, checkpoints, detention centers, more cameras, and fleets of drones overhead. Will that make you feel 'safe'?

It is the message that would be sent to both the potential perpetrators of these acts and the US federal government that would be one of the important parts to community activism. In addition, you are being quite melodramatic in your statements on this matter. There is no need for that, just think of these things as community organizations regulated by the community and for the benefit of the community. Nowhere in my posts have I proposed any more than grass-roots community awareness and activism. All of your 'doom & gloom statements are irrelevant because they are only a figment of your imagination; please leave them there.

The incidents from trigger happy, bored, young guards trained to kill, will be far worse than a handful of 'terrs'. Thats why they do it, by the way. Terrs can't hope to have any major effect on a military as vast as the united states. Their goal is to get the government to over react and oppress the people so they rise up and overthrow that government through oppression and violation of citizens rights. Judging by the "war on terror", I'd say they're winning.

You seem to be painting our professional soldiers in a very bizarre manner. I was one of those people that you would be referring to as I was a highly trained professional soldier. I do not recall anyone on my team or the many other operators out there that do a job that required more discipline, maturity and intelligence than what these emotional posts seem to show of you. Based upon your impression of our military forces, we should be having mass murders committed by trained killing machines that are bored with their lives and have a taste for inflicting harm on others. I feel bad for you. If you were to meet me on the street, you would have absolutely no idea of what I did for a living in the military unless you understood some small basic characteristics and mannerisms. People like you are what we sacrificed our comfort, family comfort, years off our lives, aches pains and the movies that play sometimes whiny we close our eyes. It would be nice to think that just maybe people with a myopic viewpoint would wake up however, I doubt that you (an some others here) are a candidate. Just remember, we are YOUR last line of defense, the more people like you try to take away the tools of our previous trade, the more you hamper our ability to help you. We will always help ourselves no matter what and will help you too unless you lobby to prevent us from doing so; then, good luck.

"Whether there is an attempt again on a military installation is irrelevant. The act of We The People start taking care of We The People in a responsible manner is the point of this evolution."

I might agree with that to a point… but again, it isn't possible for society to protect itself currently with the anti gun laws, as a result of theses incidents. Each incident restricts the rights of the citizens further.

Having less armed citizens makes it even easier for people to commit mass murder. Besides they don't attack police stations, they land on movie theaters, malls and schools.

I cannot understand the flow of logic in your post. Are you for citizen firearms or against? Remember, every time a citizen complains about our right to own firearms, our enemy wins. Bureaucrats in DC do not care about you, never have, never will.

It is an added bonus that there would be someone on duty ready to attempt to stop an attack.

Preventing Lightning is a good analogy, so is playing whack a mole.

You want a police state, try not to over react.

Good luck protecting your family and community, I know mine is fine.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

All of your 'doom & gloom statements are irrelevant because they are only a figment of your imagination; please leave them there.

Doom and gloom about terrorism is why this guy is standing on the corner, armed.

Whats he guarding, its over. Same with the governments war on terror, ostensibly because of 911. Look at the endless war to control terrorism, Its cost trillions of dollars so far and thousands of American lives. They aren't safer, neither are Americans. You want to guard something go arrest the government, the media and the military.

We the people can get behind that.

Good luck protecting your family and community, I know mine is fine.

So is mine. Good luck stopping the next act of terror… thats impossible.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Doom and gloom about terrorism is why this guy is standing on the corner, armed.

Whats he guarding, its over. Same with the governments war on terror, ostensibly because of 911. Look at the endless war to control terrorism, Its cost trillions of dollars so far and thousands of American lives. They aren't safer, neither are Americans. You want to guard something go arrest the government, the media and the military.

We the people can get behind that.

Have you read any of my comments on this issue or only the ones that I have made to you? It is what this man is standing for and why he feels the need to do it that is important in my eyes. You seem to be saying that anything we do is not going to make a difference and the bad-guys have already won. I disagree with your thoughts and statements.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

If standing on a corner with a rifle makes you feel safer, then go do that.
Just not in my hood. If I see you, I won't be walking up to shake your hand, I'll be calling the police.

Sorry, you keep saying my opinion is invalid and disagree and haven't I learned anything. Yes dad. I've learned all about over reacting to situations from damned control freaks.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

If standing on a corner with a rifle makes you feel safer, then go do that.
Just not in my hood. If I see you, I won't be walking up to shake your hand, I'll be calling the police.

Sorry, you keep saying my opinion is invalid and disagree and haven't I learned anything. Yes dad. I've learned all about over reacting to situations from damned control freaks.

Where have I told you that your opinion was invalid? I disagree with your opinion which is, for now, still fine in this country. I will refrain from making the obvious connections of some of the off-topic psychoanalysis comments that come to mind for another thread that might be more relevant later.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They couldn't DO that if open carry wasn't legal,you'd be wasting your time.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It's catching on..www.guns.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

A civilian in public armed with an assault rifle is a crime, didn't you know that?

I was just playing, but you know as well as I that this was staged. Somebody called the cops on him, too, the police and news arrived and they filmed the guy for a few minutes being sure to get the handshake guy for effect.

Then they spun it out of control.

If the guy had been black for instance, he would be dead or in jail now.

You think this guy was allowed to continue his demonstration, is he still out there somewhere, guarding the parking lot?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What about the rest?
www.guns.com...

It's not a publicity stunt it's a percieved solidarity move by vets for active duty and AGAIN...if it IS NOT a fully automatic system it is NOT an assault rifle and COMPLETELY legal to have and carry in some states as YOU have completely ignored time and time again.
edit on 22-7-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

a reply to: cavtrooper7

A civilian in public armed with an assault rifle is a crime, didn't you know that?

I was just playing, but you know as well as I that this was staged. Somebody called the cops on him, too, the police and news arrived and they filmed the guy for a few minutes being sure to get the handshake guy for effect.

Then they spun it out of control.

If the guy had been black for instance, he would be dead or in jail now.

You think this guy was allowed to continue his demonstration, is he still out there somewhere, guarding the parking lot?

You have managed to type a lot of words and not make a single comment that wasn't speculation or innuendo… That is amazing for all the wrong reasons.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
For all those using the media invented term that does not have any actual meaning:

as·sault
əˈsôlt/Submit
verb
1. make a physical attack on.

ri·fle
ˈrīfəl/Submit
noun
1. a gun, especially one fired from shoulder level, having a long spirally grooved barrel intended to make a bullet spin and thereby have greater accuracy over a long distance.

Educate yourselves and you might get the respect you desire from educated people….

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
For all those using the media invented term that does not have any actual meaning:

as·sault
əˈsôlt/Submit
verb
1. make a physical attack on.

ri·fle
ˈrīfəl/Submit
noun
1. a gun, especially one fired from shoulder level, having a long spirally grooved barrel intended to make a bullet spin and thereby have greater accuracy over a long distance.

Educate yourselves and you might get the respect you desire from educated people….

Yes we all know the media hype association of stringing words together to imply new meaning. For instance:

gunman
gun crime
gun violence

"Saturday Night Special" (an old favorite)

Designed to mold peoples minds that all things "gun" are bad.

Gun isn't even a proper term. Call them firearms if you would.

The term assault rifle origins is traced to the german word used by their military called, Sturm gewehr, "storm" and "gun", direct translation of words. They associate that with storming or in english, assaulting enemy positions.

In american military this reference is loosely associated with small arms. They don't use the term assault rifle in the military either.

Please refer to rifles as rifles, shoulder arms, long rifles, long arms, and handguns as pistols, revolvers, automatic pistols or side arms.

Did I leave anything out? You can remind me.

People assault people with murderous intent or intent to harm, what they use is less relevant. A weapon is anything employed to harm another.

We can leave out assault weapon, too.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

You have managed to type a lot of words and not make a single comment that wasn't speculation or innuendo… That is amazing for all the wrong reasons.

I know what I said, do you?

I was just playing,

Okay chameleon, let me get this straight… you are for a return to minutemen militias to protect the hood locally, right? I get that.

Good luck, the US government would never allow that , the only civil patrols we got in mass suburbia is "neighborhood watch", people armed with cell phones. The National Guard is the governments version of "minute men", now.

Call it what you will they are military. Groups of locals organized and armed are usually burned to death in their 'clubhouses' like in WACO, for instance.

People aren't taught nowadays to organize they are taught to bicker with each other.

You want a return to the constitution, there has to be an uprising generally to accomplish that.

The last peaceful attempt at that was Occupy Wall Street. What do you suggest? Are you fighting the invisible war on terror or really calling for change of the Status Quo?

Let me guess…

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join