It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man armed with AR-15 stands guard at Virginia military recruiting offices

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Awolscout

I'll only respond to correct you. You should check your unfactual ignorance.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Awolscout

originally posted by: Vector99

It figures it would be Winchester, one of the most backwards openly-racist towns in all of the NoVA region.

If you're in Winch chances are you're either coked out of your mind or dumb as a rock. This guy isn't applaudable or even admirable.
He's just another ignorant idiot who thinks open carry makes him cool, fun fact it doesn't make you cool it makes you look like a psychopath.

It sure deters crime though, so who looks more delusional, the guy on a forum ranting about it or the guy carrying a weapon that by the intimidation factor alone may make someone with ill intents think twice?

Fun fact - Just because you claim something is a fun fact makes it about as credible a statement as santa is real.

I'm pretty sure the guy walking around with an AR15 is the psychopath.

Ill ask you on this directly. Why? Did he go shoot something up? What makes a person carrying a gun legally a psychopath?

I sure hope you have a good answer for that.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

It figures it would be Winchester, one of the most backwards openly-racist towns in all of the NoVA region.

If you're in Winch chances are you're either coked out of your mind or dumb as a rock. This guy isn't applaudable or even admirable.
He's just another ignorant idiot who thinks open carry makes him cool, fun fact it doesn't make you cool it makes you look like a psychopath.

It sure deters crime though, so who looks more delusional, the guy on a forum ranting about it or the guy carrying a weapon that by the intimidation factor alone may make someone with ill intents think twice?

Fun fact - Just because you claim something is a fun fact makes it about as credible a statement as santa is real.

The only psychopath in the story is the Muslim who murdered 4 people. You know, the one actually GUILTY of a crime.
edit on 20-7-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Ill ask you on this directly. Why? Did he go shoot something up? What makes a person carrying a gun legally a psychopath?

I sure hope you have a good answer for that.

If you seriously don't see whats wrong about standing in the middle of a parking lot with a rifle and a hero complex then I can't help ya and have zero interest in talking to a "but the second amendment" brick wall.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

The only psychopath in the story is the Muslim who murdered 4 people. You know, the one actually GUILTY of a crime.

Nope pretty sure the guy standing around in a parking lot with a rifle is a psycopath too.

Good thing he was white tho right? Hooey that would've been awkward we can't possibly confuse a white guy standing around brandishing an assumedly loaded weapon with a kid with a holode. Then he would just be a thug not some gun toting patriot amirite?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Do you even know if there was a purpose behind it? Would you pay for someone in a uniform to do it instead?

Why is it wrong? I would like to understand your perspective of why it is wrong before you make more speculative judgement if you would be so kind, thanks.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Do you even know if there was a purpose behind it? Would you pay for someone in a uniform to do it instead?

Why is it wrong? I would like to understand your perspective of why it is wrong before you make more speculative judgement if you would be so kind, thanks.

There was no purpose behind it, did you watch the video? Did you listen to what he said?

As for why its wrong, its wrong because society as a whole says its wrong, because common sense says its wrong, because jfc everyone talks about their precious gun rights but as soon as some psycho actually does something that came from those archaic gun rights it's all "don't take mah gurns!!"

So what if hes protected by a law that needs to be changed, do people driving by not have a right to not piss themselves? Do kids at a school not have a right to not get freaked out cause some other open carry nutjob wants to "exercise his rights"?

At what point do all the open carry members of society say well'p were in the minority we should be courteous to what most people feel safe or unsafe around and knock it off instead of citing a hundreds of years old legal precedent that existed only to prevent the taking of arms by occupying british soldiers.

So what if this guy didn't do anything but stand there menacingly for an audience that he himself didn't think existed, ie a threat, so what if he talked like he was trying to impress Jodie Foster in the mid80s.

Point is that society as a whole doesn't want that and we've got a bunch of backwards thinking jokers assuming that society doesn't know what it's talking about, or that they're some sort of patriot for walking around terrorizing the populace using the same tactics ie open carry that an occupying military uses and they don't see the irony.

TL;DR its wrong because society says its wrong and deluding yourself into thinking terrifying people makes you some hero doesn't make it reality.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Your reality differs from mine apparently, but that is fine. I'll have you know the bank a shop over from the restaurant I manage has been robbed at gunpoint twice in the last 6 months. This is in an upstanding neighborhood, where you wouldn't expect something to happen. Do you think those robberies would have occurred if someone was standing in the parking lot with an AR-15?

If you doubt the validity of that statement pm me I'll pm you details for you to verify it.

Again. Why is it wrong? It is legal. Guns are a pretty predominant negator of crimes when a criminal knows their victim is also armed. So please explain to me why it is wrong to do such a thing? Because it scares people? Well maybe if they didn't watch so much news about gun toting lunatics maybe guns wouldn't be such a scare.

Does it scare you to approach that mindset? Do you see a gun and automatically run, even if it's shouldered? If so, why? Why do guns scare you so much? In proper hands they are a useful tool.

Here's a hint if you are scared of guns, remain scared because CRIMINALS will never give up their guns, while law abiding gun users jump through hoops to keep their legal guns. A criminal doesn't care about the law against guns, they are a freaking criminal.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

TL;DR its wrong because society says its wrong and deluding yourself into thinking terrifying people makes you some hero doesn't make it reality.

What society? The internet liberal society? Nobody was complaining about him standing there, and neither did the cops. He wasn't breaking any laws. Criminals are the psychopaths you should be worried about, not people who AREN'T breaking the law.
edit on 20-7-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

Most likely fox or cnn told him to be afraid of people with guns unless they have a badge. What they didn't say is if they have a badge be more afraid!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Well at least we finally get to the heart of the issue: you don't like the 2nd, and therefore anything that is pro 2nd is psychopathic and wrong.

Could've saved several comments and a lot of time if you had just said that to begin with.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

We have many people who are tired of waiting for help that does not come. These are the times that we have a chance to show that we can do better.

Will we? Will you?

If you mean defending against the terrs on a civil level, thats novice and all, but its like trying to defend against lightning. Even though theres a lot of lightning, its probably not going to hit you, ever.

The notion (from wherever) we can defend against lightning strikes is kind of silly, defending against terrorism this way is in fact dangerously like Marshall law. Putting guards with automatic rifles (God forbid, military soldiers) on every street corner is not the answer. But maybe that will make Fox feel safe?

With firearms comes responsibility like you say, but not everyone is responsible. Especially 18 year old, combat trained, young men.

This guys idea is kind of overreacting, the terrs aren't going to hit there while he's on "duty". They'll come back when he's gone.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: ISawItFirst

Personally, I'd have no problem with soldiers who are living and working in the states exercising their 2nd.

Liberty at last, armed and heading for the nearest bar to blow off steam… and a few rounds.

Military service is often a fine line of enormous stress of duty balanced with the training to kill in combat. For veterans of combat this is even worse…potentially.

Now I said potentially.

Upper management isn't concerned about the majority, of course.

As near as I know, it's illegal to carry a weapon into establishments serving alcohol and/or to carry a weapon while consuming alcohol. There's already laws against that so why should anybody be worried about it? It's illegal, laws always work so I'm not sure why that's even a valid example.

Oh I see. It should be EXTRA illegal for a military member to do it. Gotcha.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Point is that society as a whole doesn't want that and we've got a bunch of backwards thinking jokers assuming that society doesn't know what it's talking about, or that they're some sort of patriot for walking around terrorizing the populace using the same tactics i.e. open carry that an occupying military uses and they don't see the irony.

Gotta agree with that. Don't turn it into removing firearms from responsible owners, though. Open carry and private ownership aren't the problem. Keep and Bear is not the problem.

They aren't the ones going around shooting up places of business.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well it is that way right now. Should or should't isn't the issue, I don't make military doctrine, just explained it to a very small degree regards active duty soldiers and arms in public spaces.

The bar thing was a joke, Sir Lancelot.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by awolscout
But hey enjoy your gun rights, Im sure that the 2nd amendment totally had fully automated weapons in mind.

Arms, at the time the 2nd amendment was written, were well documented to mean any line of defense against a tyrannical government, domestic or foreign. If you spent more time reading about Patrick Henry or Thomas Jefferson and their personal writings on the matter, instead of spouting useless, uninformed drivel on the internet, you may have a much better idea on the matter.

Oh and an AR-15 is not "fully automated".

Listen, at least this guy has the courage to do what all the naysayers and armchair warriors won't. He didn't serve, or even need to do what he did, but he did something that most are scared to even consider.

He stood up for those that could't defend themselves. This isn't a malicious act or even a psychopath. This is a guy that is putting himself at risk, to make a point and set an example.

All those people who call him names, or are tearing him down would be the first to shake his hand (after cleaning their own pants from their cowardness)...had he stopped an actual event.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
If a terrorist type drives or walks up to inflict damage, I'd put my money on the terrorist.

What seems like a good idea often isn't a good idea.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I do wonder if this would be appreciated if Muslims came forward to protect bases and recruitment centres.

I'd hope so, but I'm not that confident it would.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well it is that way right now. Should or should't isn't the issue, I don't make military doctrine, just explained it to a very small degree regards active duty soldiers and arms in public spaces.

The bar thing was a joke, Sir Lancelot.

Right to the name calling. Quaint.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The man stated Muslims declared war on the US. If actions are the meaning of 'declared war' then I think it was the other way around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join