It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man armed with AR-15 stands guard at Virginia military recruiting offices

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
saw this earlier and waited to see if it got posted. did a search and didn't see it so thought i would.

so this guy decided to go out in front of the recruiting center with his rifle and stand guard.
now i understand why he says he did it. but i can't help but wonder how many people are going to want to do the same where the governors have decided not to post Guardsmen in front of the centers.

iirc there are about 25 states that allow open carry, just imagine the hissy the gun grabbers are going to have if this catches on.

At 8 a.m. Friday morning, one man decided to spend his day off standing guard outside of a military recruitment center in Winchester, Virginia. He is not worried about another attack like Chattanooga here.
But he is making a statement.
“People need to call their congressman, they need to call their senators and they need to change these laws that are on the books so these guys can protect themselves so a regular old citizen doesn't have to go out and do it,” he told us.
Man armed with AR-15 stands guard at Virginia military recruiting offices

let the flames begin
edit on 19-7-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Is this an argument directed at military doctrine about when and where they should be armed? Homeland terror incidents aren't the biggest threat, that comes from their own ranks.

Fox Spin…

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Is this an argument directed at military doctrine about when and where they should be armed? Homeland terror incidents aren't the biggest threat, that comes from their own ranks.

Fox Spin…

Seems that way to me. It is a very convoluted message. Personally, I'd have no problem with soldiers who are living and working in the states exercising their 2nd.

I wonder if it had any effect on recruiting efforts.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

Personally, I'd have no problem with soldiers who are living and working in the states exercising their 2nd.

Liberty at last, armed and heading for the nearest bar to blow off steam… and a few rounds.

Military service is often a fine line of enormous stress of duty balanced with the training to kill in combat. For veterans of combat this is even worse…potentially.

Now I said potentially.

Upper management isn't concerned about the majority, of course.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I respect the ideal that this man has put forward and I am glad that the media has allowed this matter to enter into public debate. All that being said, I would much rather have witnessed military or military veterans doing this service in every place that legally allows it. As a team (Yes, I view America as a large team) we should take care of our own. Being vigilant taking personal time to take care of those in need that cannot do so for themselves is what this nation is really about. I applaud what this one man has undertaken and hope that this will catch on with civility and level heads coordinating this type of statement. Let the politicians do and say whatever they feel compelled however, when our streets are safe because WE care, we will start to respect each other without the discriminatory barriers being erected by the media. Let's start to act like Americans again and gain our dignity back.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Yes, you are correct; this is FOX spin. We can rely upon other media outlets or pundit's spin to follow. We can also see that if we start to care on a personal and local level, we can make the change and difference everyone is so desperately trying to find.

I am the same man with the same demeanor whether you see me armed or not; I can be kind whether armed or not. We should use a responsible approach to these matters. We have many people who are tired of waiting for help that does not come. These are the times that we have a chance to show that we can do better.

Will we? Will you?

edit on 20-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: typing getting worse.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I have no problem arming service members serving at duty stations, and terrorism aside, some recruiting offices may be located in high crime areas. A prerequisite to arming "designated" personnel should be extensive training in urban shooting scenarios, over-travel, safe storage procedures, and knowing all local/state laws pertaining to self-defense applications with firearms.

If these incidents become more frequent targets of opportunity to terrorists, both domestic and foreign, it just make sense, at least to me.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'll tell you what, THIS is AMERICA!

Our servicemen bound by law must remain unarmed, however us citizens must not.

Nothing better than seeing a true American legally taking up the action that the government refuses to.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

i would much rather the government allow the troops to defend themselves or at very least post more guards in their work places.

i remember once back during the 80's when i was in the Corps, there was a hinted threat on bases in our area. both sides of the base were all but locked down. they even brought in cobras from cherry point and flew back and forth for two days.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

well said

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It figures it would be Winchester, one of the most backwards openly-racist towns in all of the NoVA region.

If you're in Winch chances are you're either coked out of your mind or dumb as a rock. This guy isn't applaudable or even admirable.
He's just another ignorant idiot who thinks open carry makes him cool, fun fact it doesn't make you cool it makes you look like a psychopath.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Awolscout

You know the guy?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

You know the guy?

Do I need to? It's just another white guy that thinks the soldiers are above reproach and all "heroes" by default.

Anyone that just stands in the middle of a parking lot with an AR15 for no actual reason is a nutjob.

Hell you hear him he doesn't even think any attack or anything will happen, he then goes into how much everyones thanked him with tears in their eyes.

He's a narcissist that sees himself as a hero for standing around like a psycho. Kind of like what I would imagine half of ATS would do in the same situation.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Then THANK you for your opinion.
I disagree and understand what he is doing and why.
AS to your breakdown of his emotional state I only see a bias not worth expressing unless you're trolling.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Awolscout
It figures it would be Winchester, one of the most backwards openly-racist towns in all of the NoVA region.

If you're in Winch chances are you're either coked out of your mind or dumb as a rock. This guy isn't applaudable or even admirable.
He's just another ignorant idiot who thinks open carry makes him cool, fun fact it doesn't make you cool it makes you look like a psychopath.

It sure deters crime though, so who looks more delusional, the guy on a forum ranting about it or the guy carrying a weapon that by the intimidation factor alone may make someone with ill intents think twice?

Fun fact - Just because you claim something is a fun fact makes it about as credible a statement as santa is real.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Your bigotry is showing...

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

You know the guy?

Anyone that just stands in the middle of a parking lot with an AR15 for no actual reason is a nutjob.

You think he was standing there for no reason, my friend you need to check what an actual reason is

Kind of like what I would imagine half of ATS would do in the same situation.

I kind of like that about ATS, know there are other "crazy and delusionals" out there. trust me it will help keep idiots safe while they spout off on a forum.

Carry on good sir.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I wonder how it would pan out if he had dark olive skin and a long beard .

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

Your bigotry is showing...

Ah yes so much bigotry I don't even know what to do with all this bigotry, oh man lord help those white people we sure do need so much support.

I mean lord forbid ya'll grasp what Winchester is actually like and what the residents are actually like.

But oh well keep wanking it to another gun nut don't let me stop you.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

It sure deters crime though, so who looks more delusional, the guy on a forum ranting about it or the guy carrying a weapon that by the intimidation factor alone may make someone with ill intents think twice?

Fun fact - Just because you claim something is a fun fact makes it about as credible a statement as santa is real.

I'm pretty sure the guy walking around with an AR15 is the psychopath.

But hey enjoy your gun rights, Im sure that the 2nd amendment totally had fully automated weapons in mind.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join