It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is usually just as scam to make people afraid of their own Power

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

In that regard, it becomes apparent that religion is in fact used the same as the state teaches in school.

So true. The totalitarian "State" needs a religion for people to "vent". They co-exist to exert power over the masses. I like your "or else". We're taught from a young age to work and pay taxes for the betterment of society. Its a "given" after 100 years that social security is the common good that the state gives the less fortunate. We're constantly led to believe that the state is benevolent and has safety nets ie welfare and medical systems in place.

The recent bail outs and endless printing of money to help the "poor too big to fail" financial institutions showed us who the real serious money goes to.

Why we allow this system to continue is beyond my intellect to comprehend.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Great OP

They tell people to believe in their religion in case you die and the eternal torture is true. Religion is sold like car insurance. With two oppressive choices and the fear of torture for not obeying, people become scared of their own power.

Thanks to the information age I don't have to rely on expensive books usually with a bias to try to unravel the truth behind religious texts. I stopped going to church many years before the the advent of the Web.

The only torture you have in the future is the "attachment" to that sort of belief after death. We make our own hell.
Please don't put down car insurance, at least you get a real benefit for your dollars. When you say that people become scared of their own power I would put it better as they don't even realize that they have "power" to begin with. Their is enough in the religious texts to make them compliant and meek.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There is God and there is you. Two very different things. It's utter folly to think you can make yourself a god.

From you other posts I know you are a christian. Why were they kicked out of Eden if not to stop them from being gods?

Genesis Ch 2

21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Okeyd57

Even though Satan has your mind in knots,

The only one that you give power to is your own satan, and hence you fall into the trap.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Nevertheless

and also that science, in contrary, is an objective way of looking at the world, and there aren't any signs of this irrational behaviour as is claimed in the book.

So science doesn't create weapons of mass destruction. Is that rational?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

So true. The totalitarian "State" needs a religion for people to "vent".

And 'hope' for some far off reward (after death). Until then keep your nose to the grindstone.

Like you said, religion is the state's counterweight.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Nevertheless

So science doesn't create weapons of mass destruction. Is that rational?

It does seem to be hard to understand the difference between science and the world.

Science is a tool to understand the world. You cannot understand how the world works by reading the bible.
For the same reason, you cannot create a nuclear power plant or nuclear weapons by reading the bible.
You need to understand the world in order to understand the world.
science is exactly that.

Creating medicine, equipment or weapons usually requires limited to excessive scientific knowledge.
Science doesn't create these things. Science is knowledge.

What part of this do you not understand?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join