It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is usually just as scam to make people afraid of their own Power

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Followers of religion try to sell religion to others by telling people that there are only two oppressive choices, to die and feel endless pain, or to die and be a slave of a god forever. They tell people to believe in their religion in case you die and the eternal torture is true. Religion is sold like car insurance. With two oppressive choices and the fear of torture for not obeying, people become scared of their own power.

"You are gods."
"You create your own life with your thoughts and beliefs"
"Love yourself"

If you speak about your own power, people will get insecure and say negative things about you:

"I am God."
"I am the creator of my own life experience."
"I have power within my hands."
"I create my own miracles."

Even...
"I love myself so much"

May inspire criticism. With their insecurity they judge you as being of "ego", act as if they are superior to you and have moral authority over you. Religion is the greatest scam to get people to stop loving themselves, have a lower self-esteem and to control others.

If there were a one world religion, what religion would be better to use than one that says "deny yourself, obey, and teach others to do the same"?

Keep in mind, I am not claiming every sect of every religion is like this or that every individual who believes in a religion is like this.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

If there were a one world religion, what religion would be better to use than one that says "deny yourself, obey, and teach others to do the same"?

In that regard, it becomes apparent that religion is in fact used the same as the state teaches in school.

Organized brainwashing designed to control young minds from an early age. Except in church they call it "Sunday school".

Just believe, just obey, just give… or else.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

So....religion is like car insurance...how? Please be specific. Thanks!

P.S. You aren't God and once you come face to face with this reality, it's gonna be quite an awakening for you.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
There is God and there is you. Two very different things. It's utter folly to think you can make yourself a god.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

So....religion is like car insurance...how? Please be specific. Thanks!

"Get our car insurance before you crash, ours is the best, and what if you have a really bad accident?"

"Follow our religion before you die, ours is the truth, and what if you are eternally tortured?"

The similarity is join us because we are the best and our negative warning may be true.

P.S. You aren't God and once you come face to face with this reality, it's gonna be quite an awakening for you.

I'm already awakened that other realities exist, and I'm aware of my own reality, but I do not care about "that" reality you speak of in particular.

I may not be God in your reality, but I am in mine.

a reply to: ketsuko

There is God and there is you. Two very different things. It's utter folly to think you can make yourself a god.

I don't believe I can make myself into God. I already am God. You cannot become what you already are.

edit on 19-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I'm curious--where did you obtain the data that led you to these conclusions? Where you once part of an organized religion? I don't want to assume as to how you arrived at your stance, and want to understand how you got there before replying.

Thanks,
Bosco

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

No....No.. Sir we are not god ...

I tried creating my own reality about 5 years ago when I was hooked on drugs... thought I could just manifest my sobriety...that didn't seem to work.

So then I thought maybe I should stop trying to play god and search for him instead .

Guess what .. Not only did I find god but I found love , compassion , honor , MY SELF ! that I lost because I refused to grasp or except spirituality .

Oh ... And I found my Sobriety , Something I had tried to gain hundreds of times though rehab and other outlets .

Amazing what wonders can be unlocked once you put faith in the one who Creates your reality ,who created all ...

My Lord , I am forever grateful.

Ameen

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

I reached this conclusion through observation. Just look at how people react when someone says, "I am God", right away, many try to convince the person that it isn't true and try to convince them to not believe in their own power.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Religion is usually just as scam to make people afraid of their own Power...

It is a scam but I see the purpose behind it a bit differently.

I believe that the real agenda behind religion is to make it appear that God is actually the one behind it all.

End result?

God has been painted as a hateful monster that wants to smash everyone like a bug on a sidewalk.

Satan has used used religion as a weapon to masquerade as God all through history.

The reason... to cause people to hate God and to counterfeit everything that God does.

Religion is a huge mind control tool designed to steer people away from the truth.

The agenda behind religion is to steer people from the truth about ourselves and the one true God.

All religion does is drive people AWAY from God, this is Satan's real agenda.

originally posted by: UnknownUsr
Most people do not believe in God because either some one has pushed religion in their face, has given a false presentation of who God really is, or anything regarding a persons bias, or opinion. Don't base your relationship with God off of what you have heard, experience it for yourself. Religion was made to divide and cause animosity. Your mind set automatically shifts. The moment you hear the name "God" you already have a false image portrayed!

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control." Link

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Howdy,

Now, I'm a fallible human being. Certainly no god. Aren't we all fallible human beings, though? If there is one thing I know, it is that I am fallible.

So when a person tells me they are unquestionably sure, infallibly positive, that they are correct about ANYTHING, how could I not think they are misguided or malicious?

So, I say this... I do not know if there is a god, there could be. But which god is THE god? Is it one that we even know? Why are religions (or at least in the past when countries were more isolated) segregated and isolated to their respective areas of origin? How can you (any of you) be so sure that your god is THE god?

Now, we are certainly not gods. We have limitations. We might not even have free will (we certainly don't have the ability for free action). Despite that, I think you're (OP) closer to the idea of religion being death insurance. It might also be "meaning insurance." After all, how could you possibly live without a god-mandated purpose or absolute moral code?

Sincere regards,
Hydeman

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
In my opinion, Religion is nothing more then a precursor to government - it is a form of social/cultural control to try and secure social/economic/cultural control over a population - what better way to hold sway over a population then to claim you have divine communication from the creator of EVERYTHING?

Not every religion abides by the "believe in us or suffer" mantra, that is very much a Christian thing (and most definitely helped with it's propagation) - Many religions maintain they will reward those who live moral lives, regardless of specific belief - Judaism is an example of those living moral lives, despite belief, being rewarded in the after life.

I'm not saying religion is solely a bad thing, it has it's benefits, and instilling moral obligations/social standards into a population can be a good thing, but the fact that religion can benefit society doesn't make it any more "true".

If God loved us all so very much, and wanted us all to live by a very strict standard, and living by that strict standard was necessary, and God was able to communicate directly with people, things wouldn't be so convoluted and vague. Your religious beliefs have more to do with culture then they do with truth. As, most likely, your political beliefs have more to do with culture then any kind of truth...

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: hydeman11

We are not limited humans. We are gods living in human bodies. Not having faith in your own divine power causes the perception of limitations.

a reply to: Syyth007

Not every religion abides by the "believe in us or suffer" mantra

But many do abide by the "We are not gods" mantra.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Howdy,

Okay. Do you have evidence of your religious/spiritual claims, or should I just apply your argument to your own spirituality and assume that your spirituality is too trying to scam people afraid of their (lack of) power?

Sincere regards,
Hydeman

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I do agree with you in some aspects - I believe the potential of most human beings are grossly underestimated. I don't believe we need an overreaching authority figure to make someone a moral human being - we all ready have that, and it has been shown not to work - I don't make moral choices because I believe I will be punished if I don't, or rewarded if I do - I do it because it's the right thing to do, and it is how I would like to be treated. Usually, you show respect, you receive respect. It's when people start superimposing their own beliefs on others that things get tricky, and conflict arises. And there, sadly, are many in this world today who thrive on conflict.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
"Remember who you really are". Amy Lee

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hydeman11

Okay. Do you have evidence of your religious/spiritual claims

Faith and personal experience.

should I just apply your argument to your own spirituality and assume that your spirituality is too trying to scam people afraid of their (lack of) power?

In what way am I scaming anyone to be afraid of their own power? I'm not claiming people will be tortured forever for believing in themselves.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm really enjoying the transformation you're taking with your posts on this forum, you getting closer to the truth, a true sign of a seeker. Good on you my friend.

We are the expressions of God in human form, a tree is an expression of God in the form of a tree, a bird is an expression of God in the form of a bird, etc. This reality we are a part of is the expression of God in all of its facets.

I would not say I am God, but I will say that I AM, and that is the highest expression possible. The religious will not understand, they are too worried about avoiding separation from God (hell) in order to realize that they have never been separate to begin with. The only separation that exists is within their own fractured minds, creating their own hell by separating themselves mentally from their divinity.

"Obey this or that god and deny yourself", this is the ultimate deception, undermining ones own divinity in favor of gods that have no basis in reality.

If only the religious would sit and think about their own nature and not worry about punishment, then they could come to realize that they are divine beings inhabiting a temporary body. The body dies, their divine spark never dies because it is the source of life and is life itself.

S&F
edit on 7/19/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

I reached this conclusion through observation. Just look at how people react when someone says, "I am God", right away, many try to convince the person that it isn't true and try to convince them to not believe in their own power.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm a Christian, but consider myself more spiritual than a follower of specific church. Truth be told, the only time I have heard the proclamation "I am God" was hearing a passage read from the Bible. Many Christians are tasked with spreading the "word", and enlightening non-believers in an effort to get them to join, or bring those that have "strayed" back to the fold. I don't partake in these missions, for my own reasons.

As far as giving people 2 choices: " Followers of religion try to sell religion to others by telling people that there are only two oppressive choices, to die and feel endless pain, or to die and be a slave of a god forever", I don't view it as such. One of the basic tenets is to believe that Christ died for our sins, and to acknowledge his sacrifice, accept it, gains the believer a place in His kingdom for eternity. I ascribe to this tenet, and attempt to live my life as productive and sin-free as I am able. I fail miserably at times, as we are a free-willed species, but try to get back on the path.

Many churches have perverted and skewed Christianity for selfish and downright evil purposes. Many churches have committed atrocities in the name of their religion. The Roman Catholic Church has enabled, covered up, and been uncooperative with LE as it's clergy raped innocent little ones, some monster's justifying as "God's Will". In the midst of these aberrations, people still attend, support, give money---why? Fear of hell, fear of separation, you got me, can't figure that out.

I guess my point is I don't feel indentured as a slave to God, rather, I want to be the best human I can be; a fulfillment of the bond I have with God who wants the best for us, and free choice that enrich the lives around me.
Although I keep my beliefs private, and don't force my beliefs on anyone else, if the subject does arise, I'm candid in anticipating ridicule. Especially one side of the political spectrum--that's why I usually avoid topics like these, but yours took a shine to me. Cheers to ya!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
What I wonder is why you feel you want to be the best human you can be because of a fulfillment of a bond you feel you owe to god? Why not be the best human you can be to simply better yourself and those around you? Look, I'm not trying to be holier then thou in any way - I've made plenty of mistakes in my life - I have lied, cheated, stolen, but I have learned from my transgressions and try to change my behavior accordingly, not to please anyone, but for my own betterment.

Why would Jesus exclude people from his kingdom in Heaven for living just, moral lives, just because of demographics (and demographics have a huge impact on one's cultural beliefs.) There are still (very few) non-contacted tribes that have refused contact with the outside modern world - are they to be doomed in the afterlife for their isolation?

I was raised attending church every Sunday, I was baptized, and went through Confirmation. I have read the old testament and the new testament numerous times - I wholly agree with the overall message of Jesus - I just find the whole "only salvation through me" a bit tacked on in the end. You have to understand the politics of the time, and politics have MUCH to do with religion.

The modern form of Christianity was instituted by the government of the Roman empire - and they had a political agenda, that usurped any kind of divine directive, or care about the salvation of their population. Numerous pagan beliefs and traditions were absorbed into Christianity, and it had nothing to do with truth, but rather politics/culture.

I don't want to get too off topic here, but politics and religion have been intertwined since their inception. Any system requiring redemption through total submission to an authority figure should be suspect - you do not need an authority figure to be a decent moral human being. Education, guidance, and economic opportunity can do wonders for one's moral compass.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
In order to become, for example, a christian, one must be mentally unstable.
Even if we assumed that christianity actually was true, what sane person would want to praise and obey a egoistic, self loving cruel monster of a being, in return for eternal life in a world depicted as a very grey place?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join