It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump could actually win this

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grumble

Yeah kinda like I really doubt they would be for an atheistic despotism that's anti-constitutional in belief and action as recently exhibited by the SC.

Just depends on one's political viewpoint and agenda right? Constitution be damned.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Jeb has got it....Indeed

This is all a charade.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

So you disagree with the Iran deal then and want that undone? You want to reclamp down on the drug trade as well?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

I don't really care. All I see is just more of the same from a Republican candidate. I definitely DON'T see him talking about issues politicians don't want to talk about though, which was your original point.
edit on 21-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
Really.........so you're saying without saying it out loud that were going to vote for a proven liar, potentially treasonous, disbarred lawyer of a woman who will sell anyone down the pike for her own aggrandizement and enrichment over someone who has principle's.

Indeed.................dream on dude.

I know sucks doesn't it? When THAT is the better option than voting for whatever the Republicans can serve up...

Lots better choices out there including Donald Trump, who btw does have a platform that Ive linked to so you may now stop asking that question in a serial manner in multiple threads.

Yea, I've noticed. We've been discussing it. Remember?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So you disagree with the Iran deal then and want that undone? You want to reclamp down on the drug trade as well?

I would rip up that phony Iran Deal as my first act.

The Drug Trade is worse than ever.

i would also end the baby part trade.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
a reply to: olaru12

Jeb has got it....Indeed

This is all a charade.

Yeah well, with clowns like Trump, Cruz, Hillary and Walker running; perhaps it's better that the POTUS is chosen for us by the real power behind the curtain, the corporatist oligarchs that laugh at all us plebeian chumps, who fund their wars, crappy planned obsolescence products and mind controlling media.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I would rip up that phony Iran Deal as my first act.

So you support war with Iran then. Good to know.

The Drug Trade is worse than ever.

Yeah, and if you are going to go through with your claim of undoing everything Obama has done then you are advocating making it even worse since that would entail cracking down on the burgeoning legal marijuana market, relaxed marijuana laws in various states, and the federal governments hands off approach to enforcing marijuana laws.

i would also end the baby part trade.

Oh THAT made up issue from the right from the video made a year ago? Good to know I guess. Too bad you don't know how the process really works or don't care to find out. I'm not going to derail the thread to explain it to you though. You've made your point very clear to me. The guy you want to be President doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being elected. Have fun with that.

We don't need another asshole looking to undo progress. We need someone willing to compromise with the other side to get things accomplished for everyone. The right needs to get their heads out of their asses and realize this otherwise this country can never get back on track.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

C'mon man...You got to be joking.

That agreement with Iran is going to cause a war. Israel now will strike first.

I guess you and Obama are the only two people in the world that believe Iran.

I don't care about the date...Selling baby parts is wrong.

Obama has ended the Presidency as we know it...He made it a total joke.

So yes, I want a President that looks out for me. Not just black folks.

I don't call anything Obama has done progress. It's all needs to be fixed.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

C'mon man...You got to be joking.

That agreement with Iran is going to cause a war. Israel now will strike first.

No they won't. Plus if they did, then that is THEIR fault, not ours. I'm sure Israel isn't going to appreciate the entire world ganging up against them for attacking Iran, because most of Europe likes this Iran deal as well and I'm sure 1st world countries in other parts of the world like the deal as well.

Europe backs Iran nuclear deal in signal to U.S. Congress

So if Isreal knows what's good for them, they'll just blow a lot of smoke but not actually do anything about it.

I guess you and Obama are the only two people in the world that believe Iran.

I just showed you that Europe believes Iran, so nope.

I don't care about the date...Selling baby parts is wrong.

They aren't selling baby parts, that was the point.

Obama has ended the Presidency as we know it...He made it a total joke.

No he didn't. Obama will probably end up being looked back upon rather favorably. Everyone is going to forget all the right wing hyperbole surrounding him since none of it amounted to anything. I mean I could see an argument being made for BUSH having done that, but then I look back on history and see that there have been Presidents MUCH worse than either Obama OR Bush, so I just laugh at rhetoric like you are saying. If Obama was truly as bad as the right makes him out to be, our country would be MUCH worse than it currently is. Most of the right just frames the argument to make it LOOK like all Obama did was tear the country apart, but then again the left did the same to Bush. But I can think of a few good policies that Bush put forth (the post 9/11 G.I. Bill for instance) that made the country better as well.

Every President seems much worse in the present than they actually end up appearing in the historical record. This is partially due to the people who write the history books, but it also has a lot to do with the fact that many of the times, we can't see the effects of a President's policies until AFTER he has left office.

Case in point. Reagan. No one knew during the 80's that trickle down economics was a doomed policy that would set in motion the creation of the largest wealth gap in history. NOW we do know, because we've seen the effects of it, but back in the day, Reagan was heralded as a hero for this policy. Another example is Reagan's tough on drugs approach to the war on drugs. Back in the day, everyone thought it was awesome. NOW even YOU just pointed out that the war on drugs is worse than ever. Well thank Reagan for that fact.

So yes, I want a President that looks out for me. Not just black folks.

I don't call anything Obama has done progress. It's all needs to be fixed.

What you want isn't progress. What you want is regression. It's not going to happen. You do know that even IF a Republican wins, it is very unlikely that he'll be able to rescind not even MOST of Obama's policies right? Obama didn't succeed in rescinding all of Bush's policies despite campaigning on the idea that he wasn't Bush. Anyone who honestly believes that the next President would EVER be able to do that to the previous President's policies has no idea how our government works.

I see you tactfully dropped the war on drugs point from your argument. Can't find a way to demonize Obama on that one can you?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Poll: If Trump Runs Independent Democrats Win in Landslide

The new ABC News/Washington Post poll found that if Donald Trump follows through on his threats to run as an Independent, he will be handing the White House to the Democratic nominee.

The Donald would be a great choice to preside over the last days of America as he epitomizes everything that has brought us down.

But why hand the Presidency over to Hillary/Bernie for another four years?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

We can respectfully disagree.

I believe Obama has ruined my Country beyond repair. You like him.

I want to see Obamacare and everything else he touched reversed. You don't.

But, you are dead wrong about Israel. When the big bombs start flying.

It's not going to matter much who started it. Israel will attack. We will defend them.

This is a bad deal. How anyone believes Iran isn't cheating and laughing right now.

Well, that's where I believe you logic is flawed. I hope you are right...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

We can respectfully disagree.

I believe Obama has ruined my Country beyond repair. You like him.

I never said I liked him.

I want to see Obamacare and everything else he touched reversed. You don't.

You do know that if Obamacare was repealed, that our health care industry would be worse than it has ever been right? It's literally impossible to go back to the situation the market was in pre-ACA.

But, you are dead wrong about Israel. When the big bombs start flying.

Not really. Israel won't do a damn thing. They don't want to become glass the day afterwards (because that is what will happen if they use one of those big bombs).

It's not going to matter much who started it. Israel will attack. We will defend them.

No we won't. I'm pretty sure that an unprovoked war of aggression at Iran from Israel RIGHT after we just got done signing a peace accord with Iran is a good way to have Israel's friendship status revoked. Don't pretend like Israel doesn't know how to play the international game of politics either.

This is a bad deal. How anyone believes Iran isn't cheating and laughing right now.

Whatevs.

Well, that's where I believe you logic is flawed. I hope you are right...

I am.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

We can respectfully disagree, but I'm going to define all your thoughts and positions for you.

LOL, gotta love it, eh?

Do you think that The Donald has any chance of winning the actual Republican nomination? Or will the GOP Machine make sure that doesn't happen?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You know, I used to think that Trump wouldn't even make an impact among the sea of Republican candidates, but he has since moved to the front of the pack. However, I don't see that as a sign that he will win anything. Trump will have the same thing happen to him that happened to Ron Paul. The GOP will make a concerted attack against him that will cause him to drop out.

Here's the kicker though, the longer it takes them to be successful, the more likely that Trump will just change to an independent (after all this whole thing to him is likely just a massive way to fuel is stupid ego). If that is the case, then the Republicans are doomed. It'll be 1992 all over again. Right down to a rich man giving a Clinton the Presidency. Just like the OP pointed out (though he was wrong about his comparison...)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I guess I see it a bit differently, Mr. Trump is the epitome of everything the current Republican party stands for.

The current "caricature" that he's acting out is nothing more than a by-product of ten years or so of constant extremist propaganda from the right-wing media echo chamber.

Plus, as much as I hate to acknowledge this fact, Trump is smarter than the lot of them. I love what he Tweeted about Rick Perry ... something to the extent that there should be an IQ Test before someone could run for the Republican nomination.

LOL. The Donald does have his moments as an entertainer.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

With this I agree 100%. I've seen many Trump supporters say how Trump talks about issues that other politicians don't want to talk about, but all I've seen him talk about are the same issues right wing politicians ALWAYS talk about. He just doesn't have a filter for his words so his quotes are more memorable.

But see, being a textbook example of everything the Republicans want (but have been too afraid to actually say they want) isn't going to win any Presidencies. The Republican base isn't BIG enough to cater to the fringe of that political ideology. There are now 16 candidates in the Republican primaries. It would BEHOOVE the Republicans to nominate someone that they largely consider a RINO. That is the only chance the Republicans have of winning this election, and even THEN it is going to be a large uphill battle. Trump is doing more to hurt the Republican image than help it.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

We can respectfully disagree, but I'm going to define all your thoughts and positions for you.

LOL, gotta love it, eh?

Do you think that The Donald has any chance of winning the actual Republican nomination? Or will the GOP Machine make sure that doesn't happen?

At least I'm not using the disingenuous line by line distortion like some do.

I didn't like Donald at first....But, I'm really hoping he becomes an Independent.

So, I can vote for him. I love seeing people's ridiculous reactions to The Hair..?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Did you take something I said to Krazy personally? Why reply to me?

Disingenuous line by line distortion? LOL. Don't throw that rock too far, I can see through the sides of your house!

Great reason to vote for a President though, silly hair for the win!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Extremists cannot be anything other than extreme.

I would love to see the Republican ideals of an Eisenhower return (well, except for the overt racism, of course.)

Heck, maybe even Reagan, if could excise all the Religious Right crap.

At least Republicans in those days made rational sense, once in a while, even if they were heartless SOBs.

Not so any longer.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join