It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump could actually win this

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
a reply to: conspiracy nut

You do realize that the reason the Vets fought...

So, Trump could say whatever the hell he wants.

It's really a beautiful thing that should not be cheapened with calls to silence.

I'd think you'd be better off telling that to Trump, not Conspiracy Nut. Conspiracy Nut isn't the one who was talking crap about veterans. Trump was.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think the Trump phenomena can be summed by this:

Now just think of the small kid as the national thought and speech police. Trump is the big kid.

It's been a long time since anyone has stood up to them and actually not been reduced to a whining, cringing ball that slinks off into obscurity to never be seen or heard from again.

Now, do I think Trump will win? No.

But it is rather pathetic to watch how pathetically quickly everyone has piled on trying to be part of the mean girl crowd trying to win approval by bagging on him. It lets you know just exactly what caliber of person they are.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I like it that Trump is forcing discussion of topics that most politicians will do anything to avoid.

The voters are better served whether in agreement or not with Trump because other candidates from both sides of the aisle have to reveal something of their positions outside of the PC masking that exists.

I myself have had enough of the self serving spineless blather served up by politicians in last couple of decades that usually ends up as nuanced speech that in the end is meaningless when it comes to actual policy.

To those with the notion Trump will run as an Independent, he's said on the record that's not his plan. Additionally I don't see, hear anything of substance that says he'll suddenly drop out of the race especially in the face of incessant media and opposition attacks that, although usually effective on past candidates, seems to embolden Trump and piss off the PC crowd to my personal delight.

Many have said what's his platform?

PBS, Donald Trump on 10 Issues

Others using obvious ad hominem and hyperbole about Trump to call names are showing ignorance about the man, his education, accomplishments, exposing their lack of ability to debate. Trump has a LOT more EARNED creds than the current WH occupant had and many if not all running against him.

The larger and more frequent the attacks come from uniparty establishment/media only makes me support Trump or Cruz as it indicates they are headed right direction.

I would love to see a NON LAWYER become President but if its a lawyer we must have then let it be Ted Cruz.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
well even if donald does not get elected to the presidency he can rest assured knowing he has a huge career ahead of him as a shock jock, he will make glen beck, hannity and mark levin look like bleeding heart liberals!!!!!!!! the man is a genius!!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Most of those positions are awful though and certainly not in line to get him elected President. You say that he is discussing issues that other politicians don't want to talk about, but all I see is him just saying politically incorrect opinions on topics that politicians have been talking about forever.

Where is his stance on the war on drugs? What about the Patriot Act? What about corporate subsidies? What about the war on terror? What about banking reform? What about tax reform?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I am a Vet and hang around with many others. Basically, we do not give a crap about what Trump said. It is a war of words between him an McCain, and McCain ought to know better than to insult Trump, as he is the king of get back. Most Vets can tell the difference between Patriotism and Politics.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Donald Trump has no chance in hell. He has about as much chance of being POTUS as I do.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

They played Trump's quotes in the car this morning when he and Lauer went at it, and unless I heard wrong, it sounded to me like Trump said he didn't consider McCain to be a personal hero because he got caught. If that's something I heard correctly, then, OK whatever. Trump's allowed to set his own criteria for what constitutes a personal hero for himself. It's not like he said no one should consider McCain a hero.

And I remember plenty of people bagged on McCain and questioned him for his military exploits in 2008. His service certainly didn't make him sacrosanct them as far as the left was concerned. It's only now when they could use it a lever to try to damage Trump.

Remember how they mocked him for not being able to use technology ... because his arms couldn't be lifted high enough thanks to his captivity. IMO that's far crueler than simply saying you personally don't consider the man your hero.

But it's the media.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Anyone that would take Hillary over anyone must be blind. Do you realize she would further Obama's agenda's? Do you realize half of the uranium produced in USA is owned by a Russian company thanks to her and Bill? Do you realize she is as transparent as a brick wall?

Trump is a touch to hardline and his delivery sucks but at least he has the balls to state the obvious. Who else is doing that? Whether it's illegal immigration, the decimation of our military, or about twenty other topics atleast IMO he is on the right path.

Jeb is just a tamed down version of Hillary in a pretty little RHICO suit.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

This quote pretty much sums up why the Republican chances of winning the Presidency are so low. The only candidate that can be seen to actually want to COMPROMISE with the Democrats is considered unelectable by many of the Republican voting base...

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This quote pretty much sums up why the Republican chances of winning the Presidency are so low. The only candidate that can be seen to actually want to COMPROMISE with the Democrats is considered unelectable by many of the Republican voting base...

The "Compromise" Ship has sailed.

I want someone to change every single thing Obama has done.

I am looking for somebody that will never compromise with the thieving Democrats.

It's compromise, that got us where we are at....

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

The "Compromise" Ship has sailed.

I want someone to change every single thing Obama has done.

I am looking for somebody that will never compromise with the thieving Democrats.

It's compromise, that got us where we are at....

If that is your criteria for a presidential candidate; your search will easily equal that of Diogenes.

Good Luck!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Phoenix

Most of those positions are awful though and certainly not in line to get him elected President. You say that he is discussing issues that other politicians don't want to talk about, but all I see is him just saying politically incorrect opinions on topics that politicians have been talking about forever.

Where is his stance on the war on drugs? What about the Patriot Act? What about corporate subsidies? What about the war on terror? What about banking reform? What about tax reform?

All he really said that I suppose you'd consider non PC is close the border, don't let Mexico dump undesirables across border, make them pay for those that do cross. A reasonable case can be made for all of those subjects as being needed or true. Seems the objection is twofold, 1. Trump said it plainly and boldly with no sugar coating, 2. TPTB both dem/rep hate it because it either loses future voters or low wage workers.

The McCain issue is likewise a case where if one digs down you'll find Trump was correct in his opinion of McCain's status as a so called hero. Lots of dirt under that rug.

The PBS article I linked to had many of your platform questions already answered if you had bothered to read it - must I point out its PBS for gods sake so you can't claim a bias in his favor on that link.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Really.........so you're saying without saying it out loud that were going to vote for a proven liar, potentially treasonous, disbarred lawyer of a woman who will sell anyone down the pike for her own aggrandizement and enrichment over someone who has principle's.

Indeed.................dream on dude.

Lots better choices out there including Donald Trump, who btw does have a platform that Ive linked to so you may now stop asking that question in a serial manner in multiple threads.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Trump is a fool. He has no chance whatsoever.

The Republicans in their current state can not win a national election. Which is a damned good thing, as the morons in the House and Senate need someone to balance their thieving and pandering to anti-intellectualism. Plus the Supreme Court. Four more Alitos and you can stick a fork in American experiment.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Grumble

Ha! That's just an opinion, I could say two more Ginsbergs or Sotomeyers and the American republic is done.

Just depends on view of politics.

Trump sets a new standard for anti- politician love him or hate him.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Trump sets a new standard for anti- politician love him or hate him.

That's for sure...!!

What I find fascinating is the almost cult like adoration of "The Donald"... he seems to strike a chord in the psyche of some of the more fervent conservatives; Almost exclusively males.

My old Baptist, Right Wing, WASP, Republican mother finds him "creepy as the Devil"... That image won't do him much good and it seems prevalent even among the GOP ladies that my mother hangs with.

Trumps quite an entertaining phenomenon!

edit on 20-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: Grumble

Ha! That's just an opinion, I could say two more Ginsbergs or Sotomeyers and the American republic is done.

Well, I am assuming the founding fathers were not in favor of a theocratic oligarchy, so yes, four more Alitos and the American experiment is toast.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If you're not enjoying Donald's member slap to the entire GOP.

You just don't like American Politics.

I think he's going third party. Not a Conspiracy, he just won't tow the party line.

This is what happens in America when we are led by a man with a pen and a phone.

The bar is so low it's open to the best Carnival Barker's....Trump is now leading the polls.

edit on 20-7-2015 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

If your not enjoying Donald's member slap to the entire GOP.

You just don't like American Politics.

I think he's going third party. Not a Conspiracy, he just won't tow the party line.

I love American politics...

If the Donald is going 3rd party, he better get started. The Libertarians won't have him...to much of a hawk. The T party can't get it's **** together to do much of anything [who is their candidate for 16?] but with Trumps billions all bets are off. That could be his ticket and make the Tparty a force to be reckoned with. It's all just speculation anyway...

Jebs already got it ....I think Trump knows this and is just carrying Bushes water.

edit on 20-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join