It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The preeminent astronomer {Clyde Tombaugh} who reported seeing unidentified flying objects

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Don't worry, I am pretty sure one of ATS's resident "experts" will be along shortly to tell Mr Tombaugh what he really saw was a bright meteor.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: FireMoon
Don't worry, I am pretty sure one of ATS's resident "experts" will be along shortly to tell Mr Tombaugh what he really saw was a bright meteor.

Ha ha...I'd like to see them try.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

In reference to the "Special Report on Conferences with Astronomers on Unidentified Flying Objects to Air Intelligence Center, Wright Patterson Air Force Base, by Dr. J. Allen Hynek and dated August 6, 1952 --- which included such astronomers such as Clyde Tombaugh and Dr. Lincoln La Paz...

The best of the sightings reported by Hynek in his monograph was made by Dr. Everton Conger who was, at the time, an instructor in Journalism at the University of New Mexico. He said that on July 27, 1948, between 8:35 and 8:45 am. he noticed 'a disc-shaped object in the sky. It was flat and round like a flat plate. It appeared to be made of duralumium and gave off reflected light very similar to the light reflected from a highly polished airplane wing.'"

www.kevinrandle.blogspot.ca...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofWeird
When reading the ufo files in FBI's The VAult, I saw a document from the 50-ies stating that the aliens used Mars as an inbetween station. And also something about them being used to living on a planet with a blueish star and not used to bright light.

I'll try to dig it up.

vault.fbi.gov.../p159 Here it is, but it states that the aliens are used to bright light instead of dim light (my faulty recollection).

Many thanks...

You made me aware about a treasure trove of UFO documents from the FBI --- that quite frankly --- never knew they even existed!!!

Cheers,

Erno

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Here are some more examples of UFO reports made by astronomers in the 20th century:

June 24, 1947: The same day that Kenneth Arnold had his sighting of "Flying Saucers", astronomer Fred Johnson in Oregon saw these objects according to his later declaration.

July 10th, 1947: An elliptical UFO was seen by famed meteorite hunter and astronomer Dr. Lincoln La Paz and his family near Port Summer, New Mexico, [driving] by car with his wife and child. He saw a luminous unknown object sort of oscillating beneath the clouds. Its brightness was stronger than the planet Jupiter and its shape regular and elliptical. The nature of the object was unknown to the astronomer.

April 10, 1996: Near Huntsville, Alabama, USA: 8:30pm, a female amateur astronomer and her six-year-old daughter looking into the sky directly overhead saw "..'a fuzzy white light...like the Comet Hyakutake" descending in an arc toward the horizon, moving very rapidly. It stopped falling just above some trees, and the women viewed it for 15 minutes with her telescope.

It "...did not decrease in its intensity" as a meteor would, and was much larger than a star." The UFO stopped, travelled horizontally to the left, stopped again, travelled to the right a short distance, stopped once more, then moved straight up and straight down. Finally, it veered leftward and was gone.

Link:

www.moontwin.net...

edit on 21-7-2015 by Erno86 because: fixing link

edit on 21-7-2015 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
"Dr. La Paz's second sighting was of a green fireball, soon after he began his investigations into the phenomenon for the Air Force in December, 1948. The sighting was on December 12, and the phenomenon was also seen over Los Alamos, enabling La Paz to perform a triangulation.

This showed the object's path was directly over the very sensitive Los Alamos. In a classified letter to the Air Force on December 20, La Paz wrote that the object moved far too slowly to have been a meteor and left 'no trail of sparks or dust cloud' as would be typical of meteors flying at low altitudes.

Other anomalous characteristics were the intense lime-green color, low altitude of only 8-10 miles yet exhibiting no sound, flat rather than arced trajectory, and turning on and off like a light switch. Investigating many other sightings, La Paz reached similar conclusions and decided they were probably artificial in origin, perhaps Russian spy devices, [see Green Fireballs for details].

La Paz's green fireball investigations were also mentioned in the 1952 Life magazine article, and his wife also made a painting of a green fireball."

Link:

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 21-7-2015 by Erno86 because: typo error

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Dr. La Paz also accused Hynek, Project Blue Book, and others of being a part of "a grand cover-up for something the government does not want discussed".

Link:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Thanks for this thread Erno86. Love the timely nature of the Clyde Tombaugh reference. My own sightings are not of the same sort, but undeniably, to me, of unknown origin.

Sadly, I'd guess the lack of reporting by professional astronomers has to do with fear of ridicule.

I've often also wondered about all the weather pros who spend so much time with eyes on the skies.

Anyhow, thanks - good one,
nexo

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nexotop

Thanks for this thread Erno86. Love the timely nature of the Clyde Tombaugh reference. My own sightings are not of the same sort, but undeniably, to me, of unknown origin.

Sadly, I'd guess the lack of reporting by professional astronomers has to do with fear of ridicule.

I've often also wondered about all the weather pros who spend so much time with eyes on the skies.

Anyhow, thanks - good one,
nexo

Your welcome.

I know I, and most of the fellow ATS'ers would love too hear about your sighting reports. Feel free too post them on this thread --- though I'm signing-off for tonight.

Cheers,

Erno

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I have posted these years ago on ATS, perhaps even with a different account . . .

My most dramatic sighting occurred circa 1999 in a remote locale on the Russian River, Sonoma County CA. It was one of those nights where the moon plays hide and seek due to the clouds. I was on my deck, probably 10pm ish altho can't really be sure of exact time. I was looking up to where the moon had become obscured by some clouds. The clouds then moved off and there was the bright moon and immediately there appeared a craft close enough over my head that I could see 3 distinct 'propulsion' ports/cylinders/what have you - (think here of typical 'flying saucer' under belly that we've all seen in movies and cartoons) - in a second it shot off to the east with a whooosh and I saw it as a light which zipped off in seconds over the hills.

Prior to this, also in Sonoma Cty, I had seen various lights moving and stopping in fashions too fast for any known tech.
One of these, a red light, was accompanied by a feeling hard to describe but like wow, just otherworldly and made the concrete world, as I walked back to my house seem out of place . . .

Every once in a while I post this, when asked. Certainly changed my view of 'things'. Especially the experience by the river.

Cheers,
nexo

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: nexotop

Did the bottom hull of the saucer appear to be flat, concave or convex? Any observed rotation of the saucer? Can you describe the location of the propulsion ports on the underbelly? How big did the propulsion ports look to you? Was the saucer very close to you?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thanks

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Great questions:

The bottom of craft - I would say flat. Never really considered this.

No rotation observed.

The ports - like three points of a triangle / one on top of two. Not really sure on size, certainly proportional to underbelly.

The craft was close enough to see details on bottom - i.e. sections of the ports like vertical rings.

Wondering if your questions will spur further specific memory. I would not be opposed to such.

I suppose you are getting at some sort of I D of craft? If so I'd love to hear any conclusions.

No one has ever asked such specific question, so thanks.

Nexo

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nexotop

Thanks for sharing your description of your saucer sighting. I'm definitely interested in saucer thruster port locations. I tend too speculate that alien saucer thruster ports exist in various locations around the saucer hull. One thruster port both in the center top and bottom of the saucer hull, and at least one thruster port on the outer rim of the saucer hull --- With the main source of saucer propulsion [besides anti-gravitational technology] --- photon propulsion...with the main propulsion unit being a --- contained micro-mini black hole.

edit on 22-7-2015 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here's a segment that involved astronomer and meteorite hunter...Dr. Lincoln La Paz -- in Chapter 4 of Captain Ruppelt's book --- The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects --- Green Fireballs, Project Twinkle, Little Lights and Grudge

Link:

www.nicap.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
Dr. La Paz also accused Hynek, Project Blue Book, and others of being a part of "a grand cover-up for something the government does not want discussed".

Link:

en.wikipedia.org...

If you read the part 16 of 16 under the section UFO in FBI's Unknown declassified doc's, you will find a 1950 document with LE people statements re UFO's. They are clueless. The man writing the report even refers to the 1930 book of Fort as an excellent source of info (he collected weird news).
Also, this is as far as I know the first time a triangular UFO was seen.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: QueenofWeird

where do you think Fort was getting his sources ? goh! they wasn't all from newspapers*''weird news/news paper derived implied'* , the majority of the sources were the scientific journals and textbooks of the time , the so called history books, cigar shaped, disc shaped, wheel shaped , huge , tiny ,some wreathed in clouds , some in the sea , seen leaving the sea, some that have been observed with other phenomena , all variations of the ridiculously named flying saucer .

funbox

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

x2
funbox

edit on 25-7-2015 by funbox because: ww

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
UFO report by amateur astronomer

www.nuforc.org...
edit on 26-7-2015 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: funbox

OK but this doesn't take anything away from the fact that the government or parts of it didn't know what the hell was going on!

Part 16 of 16 is all about trained people, LE personnel, who them selves have no clue but must be reliable. They saw crafts unknown to the military and the FBI.

So what was gong on?? I don't think Russia whould have had the audicity to sent crafts over US territory. If one would have been shot down all hell would break loose.

So with what are we left? Secret technology that advanced? In 1950? I don't know.

Aliens? I don't know.

But I do think that by now the US government or parts of it know what was and is going on.

Do I really want to know? Well if it's extraterrestials I'd rather be left in the dark I think. How creepy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join