It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shark Attacks Surfer..Lucky Guy.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
In the dictionary, under 'Badass' there should be a picture of Mick Fanning...

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I quit surfing because of a mere sighting of a shark under my board. This stuff freaks me the hell out. Lucky he didn't get a first 'strike' on his legs. And dammm, that fin is huge.

16+ footer?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Mate....I cant believe how lucky he is. I was about to comment that this is not just "some surfer" but others already have. Fanning is a legend. WORLD CHAMPION. Good ole Penrith boy. We breed them tough out here.

Just saw the interview with Wilson who he was in competition with and he is so so shaken up. He actually thought the shark had taken him when Mick went under and he couldn't see him. Poor bloke is beside himself.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
In the dictionary, under 'Badass' there should be a picture of Mick Fanning...

I would say 9-10 foot juvenile. at that, it's be a eating machine laddie.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Just saw this a few minutes ago. This is one lucky guy. looks Hungry enough. Guy doesn't seem that fazed by it at all.

Shark Attacks Mick Fanning at World world surf league.

Hi mate...just a thought, but maybe you could edit your title to include the fact he is a world champion. Not having a shot at you, just think Mick should be recognised for champ he is.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bellagirl

Just saw this a few minutes ago. This is one lucky guy. looks Hungry enough. Guy doesn't seem that fazed by it at all.

Hi mate...just a thought, but maybe you could edit your title to include the fact he is a world champion. Not having a shot at you, just think Mick should be recognised for champ he is.

Sorry buddy... You have exceeded the maximum window of 4 hours allowed to edit your post

I'm from Scotland mate. I couldn't tell you Mick Fanning from Dakota Fanning.
edit on 19-7-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Sorry buddy... You have exceeded the maximum window of 4 hours allowed to edit your post

Bahahahaha i will pay that one. Dont worry I completely understand. I work with a couple of Scotsmen and I fully understand you were probably knees deep into your 20th schooner while singing Celtic football songs....unless you are a Rangers fan and in that case please dont kill me for the insult

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
double post
edit on 1972015 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Bahahahaha i will pay that one. Dont worry I completely understand. I work with a couple of Scotsmen and I fully understand you were probably knees deep into your 20th schooner while singing Celtic football songs....unless you are a Rangers fan and in that case please dont kill me for the insult

Rangers Died... Ha. it's now a tribute act called Sevco 5088 aka Zombie FC.....There's a wee clue.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Ah yes...i know all about this from my mad Celtic tattooed Scot workmate. He was going through the teams one day and i chose to follow Inverness Caledonian Thistle because i just loved the name. He says I am an idiot.

My avatar is my beloved team. The mighty mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs. We won the comp last year for the first time in 43 years. I was there. Greatest night of my life. They tried a few years ago to throw us out the comp and we fought them in court and won.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

A few years ago a good surfer by the name of Brad Gerlach(?)
Said gettin eaten by a shark is the noblest way for a surfer to die...I bet Nick Fanning would say differently. Julian Wilson is a FRIEND TO THE END. He charged into the face of death to help his competitor.

I lived on Maui for 8 yrs and saw plenty of waves and Tiger Sharks. A guy on my softball team was a radiology tech and he had to take x-rays of a woman who swam into two tigers feeding on the placenta of a humpback whale birthing. She swam everyday out in front of her house. He said it was the most disturbing thing he had ever seen in his medical career.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Fairly sure that's the tail fin , but
none the less a good 14' of frenzy,
wrapped in a leg rope .
As a proponent of all salty sports,
let me say this about fear .

At 0 -10 ft, life is fun
At 10 - 20 ft , life is scary .
At 20 - 30 ft ,life is focussed, beyond fear kicks in
and survival is the only option.

I think the sharks there are well fed on fish and seals.
It's usually the ones you don't see ... that get ya !

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

Yep, Caudal fin. Not the dorsal.

I don't think it was a huge shark (4-5m) like some are saying.

Scary and a life contemplating moment, yes, but a monster GW, no.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well that was just dumb hey? The guy was trying to show that sharks are just cute cuddly misunderstood fishes and gets his leg almost chewed off because of it. Then he says "duh, I have to change the way I think about sharks" I would laugh it wasn't so i don't know...

There was a show I saw once a few years back where a group actually boated out to where great whites are and took a swim with them without any safety gear. It's just that crazy. One in particular grabbed the dorsal fin and went for a ride. I've searched for it but never found it.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Steve-O did some Jackass stunts w/sharks.

Anyway, is the seal blue wet suit really a good idea?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Mick has stated that he is contemplating never surfing again and has flown back to Australia . His mother was watching him on television at the time . Lucky lad .

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I cannot help thinking that if this shark was serious he would be dead and / or his board would have had a chunk taken out of it. It seems likely the shark may have aborted an attack, or been bumped into.

Question for the hype. Was he attacked, or was he knocked off by a curious shark?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

If that shark meant business he would have ended up like these 2 poor souls,whom received very little media hype.....well 1 guy survived,just..the other RIP... these attacks recently happened in the area i live and happen quite often...

www.news.com.au...

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Why is it when a shark is trying to eat it's a attack?

Sorry, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing here. Human goes into ocean with lot's big fish and mammals capable of eating said human, yet it's a attack?

Sounds like stupid humans going into oceans with big creatures that can eat them and expecting to get out alive.

Ain't where we belong, ain't where we came from(possibly, I don't know so don't go down that road as I'm not a expert). Ain't our natural habitat, it's theirs. Yet it's always them attacking us.

I have a cure. Don't swim in the ocean. Problem solved.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

are you aware that the picture published in the paper is a pic of a shark on its side hence the apparent 'size' of the shark.

Are you aware that there were several low risk sharks sighted in that location only a few minutes for the one pictured in the paper.

Are you aware that the media had never been know to spoil a good story just because of the truth?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join