It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was Haman according to the Quran? - Ancient Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If you want to watch the video explaining this subject:

If you prefer reading about this subject:
www.miraclesofthequran.com...

The Qur'an relates the life of the Prophet Moses with great clarity. As it tells of the conflict with the Pharaoh and his dealings with the Children of Israel, the Qur'an reveals a wealth of information about ancient Egypt. The significance of many of these historical points have only recently come to the attention of the learned people of the world. If one considers these points with reason, it quickly becomes clear that the Qur'an, and the fountain of information contained within it, has been revealed by the All-Wise Allah for it correlates directly with all major scientific, historic and archaeological finds in recent times.

One such example of this wisdom can be found in the Qur'anic references to Haman: a character whose name is mentioned in the Qur'an, along with the Pharaoh. He is mentioned in six different places in the Qur'an, in which it informs us that he was one of Pharaoh's closest allies.

Surprisingly, the name "Haman" is never mentioned in those sections of the Torah pertaining to the life of the Prophet Moses. However, the mention of Haman can be found in the last chapters of the Old Testament ...

edit on 19-7-2015 by ElectricFeel because: typo

edit on Sun Jul 19 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
edit on Sun Jul 19 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: also added source and EX tags
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I spent a week reading interpretations of the Qur'an and found it pretty interesting. I also found it does not say what radical Muslims say it does. It showed Mohammad as a civilized person who did not like to fight unless he had to. He was very diplomatic. Reading it gave me a little insight in how a majority of the Muslims think. Even though they are different than Christians most are still good people. The religion does have a few shortfalls, but so does Christianity.

Now, I probably have alienated a lot of Muslims and Christians with my post.

This thread is informative.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The Quran is full of factual mistakes. It was written and compiled by people who had negligible knowledge of.the old testament .
Besides having Haman and Pharaoh Having a little chat even though they lived a thousand years apart, It also Presents Moses's sister Miriam and Jesus's mother as the same person Because both of their names are Miriam.
This is besides the fact that haman was a royal vizier for Xerxes , and gives a very detailed account of his life in Medea. He is the grandson of agag, king of amalek. He began his career as a general fighting for xerxes in India.
for more information feel free to open a book.

edit on 19-7-2015 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Interesting read but by the end it becomes my god's d*ck is bigger than your god's d*ck.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I spent a week reading interpretations of the Qur'an and found it pretty interesting. I also found it does not say what radical Muslims say it does. It showed Mohammad as a civilized person who did not like to fight unless he had to. He was very diplomatic. Reading it gave me a little insight in how a majority of the Muslims think. Even though they are different than Christians most are still good people. The religion does have a few shortfalls, but so does Christianity.

Now, I probably have alienated a lot of Muslims and Christians with my post.

This thread is informative.

Don't worry ricky I am Muslim and i approve of this message

And you are correct the Extremist or "khuaraij" ideology comes from Bid'ah ( innovation of scripture ) an reform .

This is the cancer that has infected all religions. essentially Gods religion is perfect but men with free will try to make it imperfect . and we see the result of that .

Now the question becomes why ?

Allah (god) knows best .

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
The Quran is full of factual mistakes. It was written and compiled by people who had negligible knowledge of.the old testament .
Besides having Haman and Pharaoh Having a little chat even though they lived a thousand years apart, It also Presents Moses's sister Miriam and Jesus's mother as the same person Because both of their names are Miriam.
This is besides the fact that haman was a royal vizier for Xerxes , and gives a very detailed account of his life in Medea. He is the grandson of agag, king of amalek. He began his career as a general fighting for xerxes in India.

Common Christan notation towards the Quran . Let me guess you pulled that from AnsweringIslam website ?

This and many other supposed "factual mistakes " have been addressed and refuted .

Perhaps one of the most widely known alleged historical contradictions in the Qur'an recorded in Christian literature, the honorary epithet of Mary, mother of Jesus, as “sister of Aaron” has proven controversial from the earliest period of Muslim-Christian dialogue. Nicetas of Byzantium, a 9th century Christian theologian famous for his anti-Islamic polemical works, noted that in the Qur'an Mary is greeted as “sister of Aaron” [Qur'an 19:28]. He concluded that Mary, whose name in Greek and Arabic is Maryam, has been confused with Miriam the sister of Aaron and Moses found in the Old Testament.[1] This argument was developed by subsequent authors, as we shall soon see, by indicating that ‘Imran, the name which the Qur'an gives to Mary's father, sounds similar to Amram, the Old Testament name of the father of Moses, Aaron and Miriam (Numbers 26:59). For example, Abraham Geiger says in his boo

If you would like to read the whole refutation let me know . Ill povide the info

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Quran:

And if you are in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto Our slave (Muhammad) then produce a Surah (chapter) of the like thereof, and call your witnesses besides Allah if you are truthful. (2:23)

And this Qur'an is not such as could be forged by those besides Allah, but it is a verification ( of revelations) that went before it and a fuller explanation of the Book – there is no doubt – from the Lord of the Worlds. (10:37)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

101 Proofs that the Quran is Not Copied from the Bible - www.islamictreasure.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The quran is predicated and based on the old testament, otherwise why bother mentioning characters who have nothing to do with islam or the arabs?
The old testament very clearly states that there will never be a new covenant with another people.
Also the Old Testament was revealed to the entire nation of Israel whereas Islam is based on the word of a man who came out of the desert admittedly very hungry and thirsty

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Well that fully debunked their book, too easy.
It's not like they were there or anything, that book was written centuries after Christ, by a nomad with little understanding of history.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

The Quran was recited to an actual Prophet (PBUH)...

The Bible was written by people who made claims about Prophets (PBUT) when they'd never come into contact with them.

Anything from Paul or Revelation can be discarded instantly, and beside the Gospels, the rest of the Bible is for one tribe of Jews who have a problem with racial supremacy.

Bank it.
edit on 19-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Too kind.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: dashen

The Quran was recited to an actual Prophet (PBUH)...

The Bible was written by people who made claims about Prophets (PBUT) when they'd never come into contact with them.

Anything from Paul or Revelation can be discarded instantly, and beside the Gospels, the rest of the Bible is for one tribe of Jews who have a problem with racial supremacy.

Bank it.

In Exodus it clearly states that all the people. Men women and children heard and saw the sounds in a direct communication from the Creator. They all attained prophesy as a nation.

edit on 19-7-2015 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Uh, yeah.

The Quran instructs who to hurt, kill, why, and how.

The New Testament talks about how to turn the other cheek, be a good person, and basically, get killed if need be.

The Tanakh Old Testament is a collection of historical writings from the old Prophets of Israel (PBUT).

The Torah is instructional garbage on how to be a Jew and operate with Jews as well as other people.
edit on 7/20/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Uh, yeah.

The Quran instructs who to hurt, kill, why, and how.

The New Testament talks about how to turn the other cheek, be a good person, and basically, get killed if need be.

The Tanakh Old Testament is a collection of historical writings from the old Prophets of Israel (PBUT).

The Torah is instructional garbage on how to be a Jew and operate with Jews as well as other people.

Garbage eh? It also tracks geneoligies historical events, land treaties, miracles, military tàctics, and the last will and testament of Moses the Lawbringer (PBUH)

top topics

join