It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Puts "Heros" in Jail

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janus

But then short supply of equipment is as old as Midnight Requisition as Grady said.
Equipment shortages are not uncommon in War and the war in Iraq is no different.

As any NCO worth his salt would tell you, we don't deal in excuses.

That's not quite true. During the Gulf War we didn't face these problems (other than system-wide rotary blade shortages, which was not unusual considering the sand we flew in). Why not? Because we did it according to plan (the TipFid). Mr. Dumba$$ Donald Rumsfeld (not having a clue what it takes to actually fight a war) threw that out the window. PRESTO! Equipment, Parts, food, water, troop ratios completely thrown out the window and out of whack. No one has what they need and there aren't nearly enough troops to man the mission. The man should be shot for his atrociously idiotic leadership.

God only knows how many deaths and maimings his idiocy is personally responsible for.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
You forgot something there Kid. Mr Bubba (monicas-zipper) completely demolished the stockpiles of everything. Mr 41 had RR building the military for 8 years. Big DIF don't ya think?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
No argument here on that. Clinton was horrible for our military. Strangely, though, BushCo. is even worse. Never in a million years would I have imagined this being the case. Remember, I voted for Bush the first time around, hoping for a more coherent, muscular policy. (Think: Reagan Doctrine) Not the doctrine of sheer greed and insanity.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
So, DrHoracid.. What would you have done if it were you in her position?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

You already knew..........................

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

You already knew..........................

I hearya Doc.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
So, do you think that there should be no accountability for the major who ordered her troops to "Do what you got to do to make it happen. I just don't want to know about it?"

Well, Cool Hand, since you claim to be a military man, would you care to explain to us what you would do if it was your azz on the line, and it was your men and women going into the killzone?

It's really easy to say something as vapid as what you said above, when you've never actually been faced with combat and equipment and supply shortages. Perhaps you've been there; but I seriously doubt it.

I'm guessing that you are not going to answer my question, however I will answer yours.

I would have never let myself get into that mess in the first place. I am not sure how exactly logistics work in the Army, but I refuse to believe that these troopers did all they could legally before resorting to this. Somewhere, somone got lazy and they had to break the law to do the mission. Ever hear of the seven P's?

Why have we not seen their superiors get charged with dereliction? If, as we are led to believe, the situation was so bad for the unit surely we would have heard of some of her former superiors getting relived of duty or some kind of NJP. Has anyone heard of that happening yet?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Clearly you have not read and absorbed my previous comments regarding troop to equipment ratios; and you thoroughly neglect the responsibility of command. Go back, read what I said and then we can talk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join