It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the governments of the world considered "the good guys"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
One thing that I can't understand about the Greek crisis is how everyone seems to view the Greek government as being "the good guys" against "the evil bankers."

People act like it's as black and white as an old western film where the bad guys could clearly be identified by their clothing.

If one looks deeper, I think it all becomes more grey than black and white. How are the governments of the world considered "the good guys"?

Is there a country on earth that wasn't born in blood (literally and figuratively)?

The great monuments of Greece as well as every other country on earth could have been built out of the bones of people that were killed in order to 'claim' the land. They were built only because of war, murder, deceit, and every other evil under the sun.

I don't think the bankers in the Greece situation are "the good guys" either of course. I think it's a case of evil fighting evil.

When I consider why the governments of the world are considered "the good guys" I can think of plenty of reasons why people see it that way.

What I can't understand is why EVERYONE seems to see it that way.
edit on 19-7-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I can only speak for myself here but I will give it a shot.
I don't know if most think the Government is the good guy and the Banks are the bad guy. I think it is more like, The Bank is taking over, this is the new boss, same as the old boss.
The reason you see what appears to be so much "support" for the Old Boss has less to do with loyalty to the Old Boss and more to do with Anger that there is a New Boss who is not any better.
Of course there are people who have now decided to support the old Boss because then they could at least pretend they had a real say in the policies. The Bank wont even pretend the people have a real say. So in Short I think some support the "Old Boss" because then they could delude themselves on some level.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Maybe because some governments provide services for their people?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It's a hard dilemma.

Every government ever formed has eventually failed.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

The Greek crisis is the new paradigm...First world nations are now the new targets. National Sovereignty is the second to last frontier. The Transnational Corporate banks (including Central Banks) are forcing all nations to pick a team.

The third world countries were similarly trapped via "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" where their natural resources were leaveraged in unfair, predatory, interest compounded infrastructure based loans by IMF (Int'l Monetary Fund), BIS (Bank of Int'l Settlements) etc.

The final frontier will be the Federal Reserve Apparatus vs. the BRICS (Brazil/Russia/India/China/South Africa)

Greece tried to put up "the good fight" and threaten to leave the EU (European Union), but that would them out of the Western System. The greek people voted for this but the Greek Government will capitulate in the end and Greece will suffer until they address taxes and pensions.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The governments around the world are not the good guys. The fact is they are drunk with power and mostly working to fill their bank account with back room secret deals. We read about this every day on the internet and News papers. My "opinion" is that most of them are scumbags.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Are you sure you are completely into the subject matter?
"EVERYONE" to quote you, who are against further assistance to Greece are against it because the Country operates poorly, not the banks.
The european governments who finally approved of another loan, and reluctantly so, had massive demands on the greek politics, as well as legislation. This has little to do with banks. I don't know where you got that from, and how you then went on in great length telling that "EVERYONE" are against the banks?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Governments help define the organisation, culture and direction of a nation. Take away a government and the population does significantly suffer, take a look at Iraq and Libya for some recent examples.

There is a lot of corruption, bad decisions and big egos going around to use a word like 'evil' for describing government. But when really trying to understand all of government there is a lot to it.

If there is some other practical way that can limit humans insanity while promoting their potential I would like to hear it.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Why are the governments of the world considered "the good guys"? - excellent question.

govts, or more particular, the politicians they consist of, have public personas that are created and perpetrated by the media.

The public is trained up over a period of time to see politicians for your political persuasion as public servants who liver their lives for the sole purpose of SERVING you and I, the most pious job in the world, they are absolutely working their arse off just to serve you and I. This is why they come across as the good guys.

Take the US and Iran for example. Iran has not invaded one country in 100 years, The war with Iraq in the 1980 or whenever was a product of Iraq. The US has invaded 11 countries since the Clinton years but somehow or other Iran is not a good enough citizen of the world to have nuclear weapons like its neighbor has. Bear in mind it was the US who decided that I ran was not suitable country to have such weapons.

See how powerful the media is, they can portray any govt as the good guys and because nearly all of them pay homage to their god in Washington nearly all of them are seen as the good guys.

Get it?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I don't really understand what this is based upon. Citizens of most (at least western) nations view their governments with suspicion or even animosity, but relative to international corporations and banking cabals that operate without moral compass or any semblance of accountability governments come out looking pretty good. Governments only look "good" to people in relation to other, worse institutions, including other governments.Take even the most average joe "brainwashed sheeple" John Q. Public citizen of any country, ask them about their government, and I doubt they will start raving and singing praises about it.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
They're not the good guys. I'm a whistleblower, 2.5 billion people are chipped. I would open a thread if I could.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Maybe because some governments provide services for their people?

Maybe so but they take at least as much from their slaves as they provide. Meaning, "their" is the operative word in "their people". They will provide basic necessities to people who cannot fend for themselves but in exchange ALL of the people will basically be turned into two-legged livestock. Property.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Banks and Govts are both part of the same pyramid of power. And people hate both of them. And they are not the top of the pyramid.

The greek have a problem with their own habbit to circumvent taxes. However, this is a dilemma, because lowering taxes for the working class and increasing taxes for the rich would only make the rich leaving the country.

Europe should not provide loans to the greek, so they would have to get up and stand on their own feet. Besides, loans will destroy them later, the old game as described eg. in "confessions of an economic hitman".

On the other hand, if Greece would leave the EU, then the EU probably would desintegrate. Others would follow and finally that EU monster would vanish, restoring sovereignty for europes old nations. Let's not forget that the EU is replacing some old democratic constitutions, by threats and by power. It is totally NWO controlled tool with a central bank worse than the FED.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Because governments in democratic countries are elected to represent the people of those countries, not the banks or corporations of those companies, who have the ability and resources to defend their own interests

new topics

top topics

join