It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump (the mouth) takes jab at Mccain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Mccain might have been a honorable man back during Vietnam. but during the last 20 years he has become and is one of the biggest buffoons on the hill.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

If Trump is legit then eventually he will take on such things as tax cuts for the rich and if he doesn’t then he’s a fake. He should attack sacred cows of the left and the right.

He's so far right wing he fell off the plane. Poor/ Middle income people will suffer greatly. There will be no reform and you may even find minimum wage slashed. That's the kinda guy he is.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

You may be right. But in the past Trump was a liberal on issues.

He may have changed.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
God forbid an honest politician hits the scene.
He may be an ass, but at least he shoots straight.
Yes to all that but.....

Is Donald, truly, interdependently wealthy? Or, does he have hidden owners, who own him, in secrecy. Thats the question I would like answered

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

So just how has McCain improved our VA system since his last grandstanding faux outrage against how our Vet's have been treated?

Not for nothing, but you do realize the VA issue of treating our Veteran's poorly has become a politically recycled issue that has come up for years so that the Politicians can stand up in outrage promising changes will be made, but yet it's 2015 and after the last cycle of outrage not a whole lot has been accomplished to improve the VA system?

I hope Trump makes the Republican parties heads explode!

They thought they were cute preventing Ron Paul from participating in the last presidential election so now their ignorance is coming back to bite them!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

So just how has McCain improved our VA system since his last grandstanding faux outrage against how our Vet's have been treated?

Not for nothing, but you do realize the VA issue of treating our Veteran's poorly has become a politically recycled issue that has come up for years so that the Politicians can stand up in outrage promising changes will be made, but yet it's 2015 and after the last cycle of outrage not a whole lot has been accomplished to improve the VA system?

They thought they were cute preventing Ron Paul from participating in the last presidential election so now their ignorance is coming back to bite them!

40 years the VA has been McCain's issue.

Vets are dying because they can't get an appointment.

He has done less than nothing.

If Trump did anything...It would be more than McCain ever did.

Also, listen to his comments in context...He just gave his opinion.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: seeker1963

40 years the VA has been McCain's issue.

Vets are dying because they can't get an appointment.

He has done less than nothing.

If Trump did anything...It would be more than McCain ever did.

Also, listen to his comments in context...He just gave his opinion.

McCain is the Republican parties golden boy! Like I said in a thread last night that burned many bridges of those who I usually agree with, why is he a "Hero"? I respect him for his service, but not for nothing have any of you taken notice how loosely the MSM has used the term "HERO" lately?

Anyone have a list of any other POW's who are considered "HERO'S"?

Like I said, as a VET? I respect anyone who serves and gets out "Honorably" but I'm sorry, a HERO is someone who puts their life on the line to save the lives of others. No disrespect to ANY POW is intended with that comment, but I would bet they would agree with my assessment of how that word is and has been used by the Republican party to keep John McCain in office.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I would give an exception to a POW that has been proven to save lives of other POWs while risking his/her own life in the process. Or, it was proven he was tortured and revealed nothing, which might have saved lives of those not imprisoned. These, would rate hero status as a POW in my book. As I see it, hero status is granted based upon the actions of the person, not actions of others.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: seeker1963

I would give an exception to a POW that has been proven to save lives of other POWs while risking his/her own life in the process. Or, it was proven he was tortured and revealed nothing, which might have saved lives of those not imprisoned. These, would rate hero status as a POW in my book. As I see it, hero status is granted based upon the actions of the person, not actions of others.

I can agree with that!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
From a civilians stand point Trump has a point, Why are we calling a McCain a Hero? To me War Hero's are people like, Audie L. Murphy , Sergeant Alvin York, William "Billy" Mitchell, and the list can go on and on. But from a retired military stand point all soldiers are hero's.

Beside, like others have said Trump is talking about issues no other candidate will touch with a 10 foot pole

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

Like I said in my OP, perhaps mccain isn't a hero, just an old POW but that's not the point. Basically, with one swooping loaded statement, Trump managed to undermine everyone who's been a prisoner of war and everyone who regards them as hero's for their country. I'm not even really pro military but with that said, I believe anyone who puts their life on the line to die for their country should be treated with courtesy and respect.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

As an Army vet, we were trained that it is important to hold out information for 24 hours - after that the information is too old to be relevant to the enemy. We were also told that eventually, everyone breaks. Torture is used not to gain information, It does not work. Torture is used to gain compliance - i.e. sign this paper, make this televised statement.

To "never surrender of your own free will" is a cornerstone of the US Army's code of conduct. Willful surrender or capture itself is questionable.

In the instance of an injured, dazed, drowning airman parachuting into a lake and being grabbed before he can get his bearings - I don't see that as "surrendering of his own free will."

No big McCain fan here, just my perspective.
edit on 20-7-2015 by olbe66 because: Grammar

edit on 20-7-2015 by olbe66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Take jabs at Senator McCain and his errors of commission and omission all day long and that's politics. Attacking his military service record is a huge mistake IMO. And this is Trump in a nutshell. He shoots from the hip, all right, and generally hits himself right in the foot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join