It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump (the mouth) takes jab at Mccain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well Saturday the Donald had another case of foot in mouth disease and made this remark:

“He was a war hero because he was captured,” Trump said at the Family Leadership Summit, in Ames, Iowa. “I like people who weren’t captured.”

Most of the 14 other GOP candidates, including some at the summit, immediately criticized Trump’s remarks.

Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry tweeted that McCain “is an American hero” and that all U.S. prisoners of war “deserve our nation's highest debt of gratitude” and that Trump’s comments are “disgraceful.”

Blow back was quick and there were several boos in the crowd after Trump made the comments as GOP members distanced themselves. Clearly, the man has no filter regardless if Mccain really is a war hero or just an old man who used to be a POW. Point is, if he ever becomes your CEO and you are captured by the enemy, don't count on Trump to give you the respect for fighting for your country and coming to your rescue. After-all, he respects those more who are lucky enough to evade capture. Plane goes down on the front lines? Too bad. Platoon surrounded in an ambush? Too bad. Spend six years in a POW camp taking the beats while keeping your mouth shut the whole time? Too effing bad.

Trump is a chump and if you vote for him, you're signing your death warrant.
Govern yourself accordingly.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Many do not like Trump, because he says what he thinks. He spoke up on immigration, which is a bit of a hot topic, but at least his view is honest, not pandering for the Latino vote. McCain should not be President. He has played the war hero card for all it's worth, for too long. He got captured. That's not a qualification for being President. And if you really want to know what one of his fellow POWs thinks of him, go here.
www.alternet.org...

I may not want him for President, but, right or wrong, at least we get his honest opinion and that's a damn sight more than we've been getting.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
God forbid an honest politician hits the scene.
He may be an ass, but at least he shoots straight.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Already here.

I'd like to see them fight it out in a cage. Other than that, don't much care.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Understandable. We're all thirsty for something different. But doesn't competency play a role anymore in politics or is it emotionally driven now? Trump very well may be the next Reagan and I will eat my words (and a little crow) if he does.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Look deeper my friends. Why would Trump say these things when he knows that folks will rally around McCain? Unless that is the plan. IMO, I think Trump and McCain are in cahoots. McCain needs a boost in the polls and more supporters. So, in comes Trump to bad mouth him. Result, folks rally around McCain to support him, more than would have originally I'm sure. Repeat. It accomplishes many things:

• Raises awareness of McCain's name in the race
  • Paints him as a victim, needing support
  • Keeps his name on the lips of folks talking about him and what Trump will say next
  • Rallies veterans to his defense

And, what is in it for Trump? I'm sure there is some backdoor deal in the works that if McCain gets into office, Trump gets a business windfall of some sort. Trump loses nothing business wise from his antics, in fact it likely boosts his reputation in the business world.

edit on 7/19/2015 by Krakatoa because: Fixed fat finger errors

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It's Trump...

At least he says what he thinks.

Most Politicians say what they think you want to hear.

Besides, if you can't defeat Trump. Why should you get to be President ?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Trump wants any and all attention he can get...I personally do not agree with him about Mr. McCain.

Mr McCain endured and suffered much... and making light of that I think just shows what a truly shallow and pompous man Trump is.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Besides, if you can't defeat Trump. Why should you get to be President ?

Interesting perspective

link   

originally posted by: caladonea

Trump wants any and all attention he can get...I personally do not agree with him about Mr. McCain.

Mr McCain endured and suffered much... and making light of that I think just shows what a truly shallow and pompous man Trump is.

Don't be fooled. You are playing into their game.
Look deeper...

link   
a reply to: Krakatoa
You may be right. I've lived in AZ my whole life, but I do not like McCain. I am a diehard conservative and I think McCain is a political flip flopper. I had the honor to shake his hand, but I don't want him as my President. He is a war hero. I can see him playing this game though.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Damn you Trump for making me defend McCain.
Nah, actually screw him - I'm just defending our POWs.

While McCain dodged bullets
Trump dodged drafts.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

That is exactly my point. Thank you.

For everyone else, ya Trump speaks his mind, a refreshing approach. But you can't just speak your mind about everything with out some kind of filter. Diplomacy people. You can still be a tenacious person with a strong head and an iron jaw without offending half of the people. Nelson Mandela comes to mind.

Trump talks idiocy. Trump is intoxicated with his own narcissism. Is that what America stands for?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

Don't be fooled.
Don't play their game.
Look deeper...

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Trump said at the Family Leadership Summit, in Ames, Iowa. “I like people who weren’t captured.”

the statement said..." I like people who weren’t captured.”
"like" is in no way comparable to honor, respect or dishonor or disrespect...it seems to deride McCain for not successfully escaping in the first place... implying that the McCain efforts were under-achieving... that sounds degrading to me--but let the unfolding of non reported history fill in the blanks

I reckon that both McCain and Bergdahl are EQUALS since they were both 'captured'

I don't apologize for the Trump ass-in-nine remark, but I think his reasoning got off track...
ain't there American hostages being held in Iran even as Obama negotiated Nukes with the Western hating Muslims of Iran

those hostages are treated as a non issue by the WH... how does that compare with the befuddled remark uttered by a campaigning Trump

McCain parleyed his POW history into a Senate seat which has given 10's of million$ of money to feather his political retirement nest-egg

not that McCain should not have used the POW issue for popular votes into a privledged life/career

edit on th31143732159719592015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Like I said, I don't want him as President, but I do respect that he is saying what he thinks, not what will make him popular. And, he does have some experience running a business and that's pretty much all America is now, a huge, corporate, profit driven business.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Let's not forget that McCain is a GOP institution in itself. Grown from his grandfather's and father's career & Influence, McCain is heralded a "hero" by some and much less by some. I have stated my personal opinion of McCain as figuratively being lower than whale snip. That being said, McCain instigated the exchange with Trump in a premeditated and most probably planned manner and Trump responded in an off-the-cuff manner. I agree that Trump is not presidential material however I will gladly say that about anyone that is currently running for the office. I do not like the persona of Trump or many of the things he portrays however, I do like that he is giving a different perspective to an election season that we have never viewed in many years. As it is all a public charade and we really doesn't have much choice anyway, let's at least enjoy the mud-slinging….

edit on 19-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: typos

edit on 19-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: Typo again

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: rupertg

Don't be fooled.
Don't play their game.
Look deeper...

Specifically...how are we being fooled?

What is the game they are playing...and who are they?

Look deeper...where?

You have implied that you do have some answers...I would like to learn from you...what do you know that some of us don't know?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

See my post here

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Trump is technically right; a prisoner of war is not a hero. As well McCain is a total dog neocon freak...

He still may be s fool, however, he seems to be taking on sacred cows that this society has, and for that...good for him.

Even on the Mexican statement, literally it wasn’t racist just politically incorrect.

If Trump is legit then eventually he will take on such things as tax cuts for the rich and if he doesn’t then he’s a fake. He should attack sacred cows of the left and the right.

And if he doesn’t get the GOP nomination he should run as a 3rd party and screw the GOP for although both parties are full of crap the GOP is still the worse

edit on 19-7-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join