It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your mainstream if you can't argue this thread.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: rockintitz

I don't typically try to rip on people but wow, hoe closed minded are you? If you had a type A personality you would admire who challenged you as you think you rip them apart. I love any idea that has conviction and logic, shame on you for thinking everyone here seeks agreement. If you want that go to a public school, I assure you you'll get the pat on your ass you so desperately seek.

Hmmm....

Whether it be a 'substantial renaissance' or a 'cultural awakening' or even 'dry white toast' a knee jerk is still a knee jerk, and a opinion is just an opinion.

edit on 19-7-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Howdy,

First, let me apologize for being a mostly mainstream sheeple... sherson... sheeperson? Next, let me fully acknowledge that governments hide information and misguide the public on occassion.

With both of those things said, perhaps the reason the mainstream is the mainstream is because a lot of the mainstream positions are plausible and make sense? I'm sure most of us hold at least some mainstream belief, yes? Do you vaccinate? Do you think the theory of evolution is well established science? Did we land on the moon? Is the Earth roughly spherical (or at least not flat...)? Does the Earth travel around the sun? If you answer yes to any of these questions, is it not a mainstream position?

I suggest that the reason the mainstream is so common is because it is the most substantiated by evidence (and yes, I know that substantiation relies on fallible sources and human errors and misdirections in some cases). What you need to convince mainstream sheeple like me of something divergent is well substantiated evidence. And I mean evidence, not hypotheses thrown out by unaccredited authors. That is how you change a rational mind, no?

Baaaah-bye for now,
Sheepman

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

We are so dived. We focus on the issues that dived us, and put little effort into the issues that bring us together. We are not willing to compromise on smaller issues to look at the bigger picture.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This belief people have that they're more enlightened or knowledgeable is false. There are no sheeple. There are only people who value and care about different things to you. You're not special or 'awake'.

That kind of self aggrandisement that allows you to look down on the supposedly clueless sheeple is no different to the way some members of the elite view you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join