It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Very Long Time ATS lurker My Tale of "Enlightenment"

page: 1

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:51 AM
Finally took the step to create an account after more then 5 years of actively reading on this site. My intro won't be much different than many others, I just wanna describe how i view changes i went through, and how those changes led me to ATS. So first some details about me and my life, and then what led me to ATS!

I assume I'm younger then most on the site, 19 now but I first stumbled upon ATS over 5 years ago around the age of 13/14. Went through a drastic change mentally starting at that age and continuing every day. This same change I'm sure is what has brought many to ATS. Anyone who has experienced the changes i speak of usually have their own word or phrase to describe the phenomenon. I prefer "enlightenment" but there is many names for the process "waking up" "stepping out of the matrix" etcetera.

I was always very intelligent came natural, basically taught my self to read before entering school, school was nothing to me never had to put in effort, the schools tests said i was reading and operating at a college level in fourth grade. But because i never had to try, it was never important to me, no effort had to go to that so i put it towards fun and friends. That made me what kids would call "popular" come middle school though i was no longer succeeding in school but failing. Straight A's through elementary, the difference was how grades were determined, tests determined them in elementary which all of i aced. In middle school though homework determined your grade you could fail all tests but as long as your homework was turned in you were guaranteed at least a B. (Broken School system

Okay hope I'm not losing anyone here, there's a point I promise, but i have never really gotten to share this so I'm enjoying getting it out. Alright back to the point, that never changed for the rest of my school years i just skid past, friends were more important and doing work to practice for a test id past either way felt beneath me.

Coming to the point, the "enlightment" entering high school the way i thought started to change, questioned everything, friends were less important, was hard for me to even interact anymore with most of my peers couldn't relate to them intellectually or to their interests. Before this i was a poster child for TPTB mainstream kiddie, but no longer i didn't believe anything i had to have answers i started looking at big picture instead of what celebrity did what.

I eventually found ATS trying to understand what was happening to me, what was wrong with me at first i believed the big mainstream conspiracies, as time went on i learned to form my own opinions and ideas of this world. Looking back i laugh at myself for not understanding but, i learn and keep learning each day how i feel and my outlook on the world is hard to describe. i feel like its a blessing and a curse i have a deeper understanding and connection to the world but i lost that blissful ignorance.

I hope some of you on here take the time to read this it would mean something to me, I just hope someone can relate. Over the years as ATS has become more popular i feel like there's a lot less open minded people but i still enjoy topics. I hope to provide input on topics from my age perspective, with things that relate to my generation. I feel lost around most people now when i look around i see people i cant relate to, like they are still trapped in the matrix, like my mind is screaming somethings wrong but no one else around me can see it. ATS is a place where i can relate, and i thank you all for that i hope i can finally post my thoughts and maybe help another like me find his way, thanks for taking the time to hear my story, that is if you made it all the way through

edit on 19-7-2015 by Destined615 because: Fixes

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:02 AM
a reply to: Destined615

Of course we know of what you speak

Welcome to the rabbit hole ...Now it's time for you to see how deep it really goes

Glad to have you .

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:06 AM

Always good to have new members and furthermore new perspectives, welcome

Also enlightenment does not always feel like a blessing but it truly is, the future will prove it to be so.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:08 AM

Welcome! I was a 5 year lurker, and although I'm technically incapable(I can make a laptop stutter), I took the plunge several months ago. I was warmly greeted, guided through the halls(Freshman Forum!), and am starting to feel at home.

Your input from a younger person's perspective will add to discussions, and may provide a fresh outlook on many topics. You may experience missing time, as one can sometimes get lost in the myriad of topics.

Good luck, and again, welcome!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:19 AM
Thanks for all the welcoming responses guys appreciate it!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:29 AM
I also recently joined up after lurking and enjoying the reading, but you come to a point where you want to ask your questions and have some input
... I feel like there are more young people opening there minds to these sorts of things, I myself am turning 25 soon and can definitely relate to not relating to everyone in school but that is a small part of the experience, life goes on... Which you have begun now I'm sure... I'm curious, Have you started going to college? I tried but I feel there is much more necessary info on sites like this.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:02 AM
Nice to have another open mind on the boards, welcome.

My schooling took place in the 60's and 70's, and related to yours in many ways.

Info was not readily available back then, but I put it down to a deep mistrust of authority which I still carry around with me today, with good reason.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:29 AM

as time went on i learned to form my own opinions and ideas of this world.

Essentially skipping school and then trying to figure the world out by yourself sets you back millions of man-years. Also, kids around that age (13-15) are prone to revolt and do the opposite of whatever may be the norm, because it's essential for adulthood to take on that responsibility. After a few years, you're able to assert what the elders really said "on your own".

In your case however, since you seemed to ignore the world, you don't know what to relate to and your erroneus rebellic thoughts is all you know.

Please understand that there is no "TPTB", "illuminati", visiting aliens or gods.
Try enjoy our fascinating world while you can. Take up science. Or fornicate.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:08 AM
Seems age does not matter when it comes to searching for truth. I am 57 years old. I also found school easy and eventually graduated from Va Tech with a degree in engineering and got my Professional Engineering Liscense. I then started and operated 3 completely different types of businesses. Always learning and then getting bored and moving to something else. I questioned things in college that most people werent even close to thinking about. I use to go to my professors and ask some strange questions that they never had a good answer to. All these years I have not met anyone that had the same curiosity that I did and so many questions. It has made it hard to find good friends. The friends I have had never really thought outside the box "matrix". I am surprised that you started so early (13/14), but then again, when I was that age the internet wasnt around. The event that launched me deep into the rabbit hole was 911. Being a structual engineer and having designed tall buildings, I knew the moment the towers fell that the impact from the planes couldnt have caused it. I joined the 911Truth movement for Architects and Engineers. Once you realize that you are being lied to and manipulated by a "false flag" of that magnitude it changes your entire belief system. At that point I started researching everything. The more I learned the more lonely and outcast I felt. No one around me wanted to hear any of this. The normallcy bias they lived under controlled their lives and they were not willing to left anyone change how they thought. Ignorance is truly bliss. That includes my wife, family , and friends. When you realize you are a debt slave and have been tricked into thinking you are free and cant find a single person to explain it to, it becomes very isolating. I just joined ATS today. Maybe I can find some comfort at this site

edit on 19-7-2015 by JesseJenx because: spelling

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:52 AM

Hope you and JesseJenx enjoy being on here. I suspect you will have guessed that most here are not from the main-stream world of thinking or of the herd mentality. You will both fit in very nicely and I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I do. Welcome to you both.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:23 AM
True enlightenment is a direct experience of God.
But the term can be used however you like in a semantic sense.
The matrix are the forces of materialism obscuring the true purpose of the soul.
Getting enlightened is the process of fighting your own lower impulses and the forces of negativity and illusion
for the purpose of being free.
So perhaps you are somewhere on the path.
At any rate, hello : )

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:58 AM
Im 37 and had a much similiar life as the OP. Was expected to "be something" growing up but did not fit the template of the public education system. Wanted no part of post secondary as I just saw it as paying for something I hated for so long.

Always questioned everything which was/is a blessing and a curse.

Fortunately Im making a modest living doing something I don't mind that gives me a means to survival; but man oh man do I wish I could just be a "normal" person who enjoys football, top 40 music on itunes and indulges in mortgage debt.

"Once you look under a microscope things get real"

Fortunately sites like this allow me to read thoughts from other people who don't fit the norm, and some days its about all that keeps me sane.

(Im hungover so maybe a little more negative than usual...but generally this is my take on things)

Big ups fellow non conformists!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:03 PM

Great intro!
Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:15 PM

In Greek Mythology, Actaeon is thought by many, including Hans Biedermann,[26] to symbolize ritual human sacrifice in attempt to please a God or Goddess. In the case of Actaeon, the dogs symbolize the sacrificers and Actaeon symbolizes the sacrifice. Actaeon also may symbolize a human curiosity or irreverence.

The myth is seen by Jungian psychologist Wolfgang Giegerich as a symbol for spiritual transformation and/or enlightenment.[27]

Read the myth and learn why you are no longer in Kansas Toto.

I had a similar adolescent stage and felt totally different then my family and friends.

I only started to grasp the full weight of my thinking when I was sitting up late surfing the t.v. channels and I stumbled upon PBS special with Bill Moyers interviewing JOSEPH CAMPBELL (a professor of Comparative Religion and prolific author.) In fact, it was CAMPBELL's work that inspired George Lucas to write the STAR WARS movies. Read at least two of his books 1) The Power of Myth
2) The Hero's Journey.
I read just about everything he wrote and his work allowed me to have an internal conversation when there was no one around who was as curious of the world as this day his work eases the seemingly opressive isolation. It can be a lonely place outside the box..."in the undiscovered country, from who's bosom no traveller returns..."
Good luck and may the road rise up to meet you.

new topics

top topics