It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Questions for Biblical Literalists and Fundamentalists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: undo
Wouldn't you say the amino acids that helped construct DNA as gods signature or are we jumping straight to DNA. DNA proves that the bible is wrong yet you use it as justification. DNA tells us what we evolved from, we existed before the earth existed? Cos god signed that long before he signed off the earth.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What I believe does not matter. Anyone can believe what they want. My higher power and source of energy will still be the same. It is the same for all whether they want to believe it or not.

This I totally agree with.

I thought so, but just wanted to check. Because there are some real pushy people out there who don't actually think like that, and are running for POTUS. They seem to REALLY CARE that everyone should believe like they do.

These would be 10 great questions for a presidential debate among the many Republicans, actually!!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Please check out the history of the serpent. Please. It has no relation to christianity. Do your research before posting stuff you want to believe. Been linked with ancient sumerian civilization then ancient Greece.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
Wouldn't you say the amino acids that helped construct DNA as gods signature or are we jumping straight to DNA. DNA proves that the bible is wrong yet you use it as justification. DNA tells us what we evolved from, we existed before the earth existed? Cos god signed that long before he signed off the earth.

something about 'sound"

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Please check out the history of the serpent. Please. It has no relation to christianity. Do your research before posting stuff you want to believe. Been linked with ancient sumerian civilization then ancient Greece.

oh my oh my have you stuck your foot in it now

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
sumerian EN.LIL is jehovah who decreed the flood and called for the genetic nerf of the junior elohim (called anunna in sumerian text.)
sumerian EN.KI created humans by cloning the elohim (prior anunnaki).
en.ki, also known as enki-ea or just ea, is YAH, AYAH, HAYAH, so he is also jehovah.
en.ki is jesus or rather, jesus is enki redux. this is why the old testament sounds like mostly enlil
and the new, sounds like mostly enki.

tada. your turn mr. rossacus

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Windword and Buzzy already gave you pretty spot-on responses but I didn't want you to feel I was ignoring you.

originally posted by: ketsuko
I have to know why this matters so much to you?

Our society is shaped by people and people are often shaped by their religion. A person's religious beliefs can directly affect the lives of others therefore it matters to me. If I were Christian, this would still matter to me. In fact, I imagine it would matter even more.

Have I been hostile or confrontational to any of the Christians responding to the questions? Nope. I'm asking questions and I appreciate those who took the time out of their day to answer them.

Who cares? People are allowed to think what they want and believe what they like aren't they?

Of course they are. What did I say that made you think otherwise? Why don't you care? Aren't you curious how other Christians represent themselves and, by association, represent you?

Do you want to go down to the local Amish community and get in their faces with these questions? Is it to make yourself feel superior? What purpose does it serve, really?

Am I getting in your face with these questions? The purpose is to get answers to the questions and to see how various types of Christians (and non-Christians) answer them. These are questions that many Christians can answer without being defensive.

And superiority? I don't claim that my set of beliefs are the "one true way" or that I worship the "only true god" nor do I condemn others. Questioning those who do claim that is perfectly reasonable to me.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Wow. Impressed. You're ability to copy a website is unrivalled. A completely pointless post no? What was the purpose of that? You've just proven that you take translations as gospel, from a source that was proven to be a fraud . Oxford university could not corroborate his translations as much of the text is missing. Instead of filling the gaps they left it blank to avoid confusion. These are interpretations without context to gain proper definition...e.g flying ships....

You have just proven that your bible is based off sumerian texts....thankyou for saving me the effort. Much appreciated. And yet I'm sure you will ignore the link.

I have no doubt that you found the true origins of the serpents and medicine and chose to ignore the point rather than admit stupidity/bias. Saying I was wrong or misguided by what I was taught goes a long way in debate forums and I would give respect to those that admit it. We've all been there.
edit on 19-7-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Wow. Impressed. You're ability to copy a website is unrivalled. A completely pointless post no? What was the purpose of that? You've just proven that you take translations as gospel, from a source that was proven to be a fraud . Oxford university could not corroborate his translations as much of the text is missing. Instead of filling the gaps they left it blank to avoid confusion. These are interpretations without context to gain proper definition...e.g flying ships....

You have just proven that your bible is based off sumerian texts....thankyou for saving me the effort. Much appreciated. And yet I'm sure you will ignore the link.

my post is actually based on the texts which are .,.well read it for yourself:

start with the story of atrahasis. not written by mr. sitchin.
read the namshub of enki (it's the tower of babel story). not written by mr. sitchin.
read the creation account in the old testment. elohim (plural gods) creates copies of elohim (plural gods), but one in particular, is the one doing the work. he, along with other elohim, creates the junior elohim (the adam) in the image of the prior elohim (sounds just like cloning to me).

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
elohim is like saying ILUM (plural of LIL). the ILUM are the ELOHIM

or more precisely, the EN.LILUM
and that's cause this planet belonged to EN.LIL, god of the air.
the god of this world. he owned it like a piece of real estate.

etymology of EN.LIL

LIL
IL
ILA
EL
AL

THAT covers pretty much every mesopotamian god name.

in hebrew, tack on a "m" at the end and it becomes plural.
adam were plural. there were many adam, because they were copies of other adam from before the cataclysm
in effect, the biblical account of creation is mostly talking about RE-CREATION not first creation

edit on 19-7-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Extracting life force and putting it into bodies is not cloning. That is Mr sitchens interpretations, and you convey it. That is your perspective, not what was wrote. These are ancient translations, with no ancient person alive to verify it's validity. Based off later words which meanings would have changed in babylonian times. Please stop it.

I find the sumerian culture the most amazing but would in no way shape or form use there text as justification for a point ( whatever that point may be)
The fact you say ea has 3 different names shows the limited validity of these translations, yet you don't see it .

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You have to understand most alien conspiracies have studied the sumerian civilisation. It is amazing and the closest for to scientific reasoning to why we came to be. But then logic takes over, you learn that the translations were originally falsified and it's meanings. Alot of us have been there. I went through that phase 2 years ago. It felt good. But you sound as though you you have superior knowledge for some reason. I could recall other ancient religious gods but it would have little purpose.

I'm just saying please stop it. In a couple months time you will question why you felt/thought this way and why was I so niave/susceptible to this.

I politely ask you to stop these translations. Please use theory of mind to how you are being perceived. You have derailed the thread by translating vague texts. Please reread your interpretations. You too would question someone who needed to post that.
edit on 19-7-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Extracting life force and putting it into bodies is not cloning. That is Mr sitchens interpretations, and you convey it. That is your perspective, not what was wrote. These are ancient translations, with no ancient person alive to verify it's validity. Based off later words which meanings would have changed in babylonian times. Please stop it.

I find the sumerian culture the most amazing but would in no way shape or form use there text as justification for a point ( whatever that point may be)
The fact you say ea has 3 different names shows the limited validity of these translations, yet you don't see it .

the fall narrative in genesis is talking about the nerfing of dna. in the story of atrahasis, enlil overworked the adam clones and they went on strike and now there were no workers. he called on enki to solve the problem, who was off planet at the time, who solved it by giving them the ability to clone themselves (called procreation) . enlil did not want the adam being procreative. this much is clear from the account. so he took it before the divine court, since he was rightful owner of the planet at the time, he had final say in what lifeforms would be on it. he forced enki to modify the dna of the adam. if they were going to be procreative, they couldn't also have full body regen as they would overpopulate the planet.

you can tell this is what it's saying when you note the verse that says ADAM KNEW (had knowledge) of EVE, and she BEGAT.

so the tree of knowledge was the dna of procreation. the tree of life was the dna of full body regen. that part of our dna was nerfed - the serpent lost its legs (the dna no longer unzipped that previously provided full body regen).

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I have to agree with infolurker & others that the person writing these questions is clearly not interested in answers...

(EDIT: NOT directing this at the OP, this refers to Mr. Rigsby, who actually wrote them.)

In fact, the author himself (Casper Rigsby) admits that he wrote them to illustrate his 'belief' that Christians are insane.

Kinda makes one wonder why the source was omitted from the OP, doesn't it?

The purpose of these questions is actually just to illustrate a point, which is that you can’t actually reason with someone who has embraced insanity. The only way that you can ever hope to reach them is if you can first make them understand that they’ve embraced insanity and that these ideas are insane to begin with.

Of all the insanity in the bible, there is nothing and no one that even comes close to being as insane as this god itself. If you met this god on the street you’d turn and run the moment you saw the absolute madness in his eyes. This isn’t madness like that of Hitler or Stalin. It’s the sort of madness we see in the eyes of men like Charles Manson.

www.atheistrepublic.com...

If one really wants some answers they need to start by asking the right questions instead of pretending to be interested in the truth...

(EDIT: This ALSO is not directed at the OP, but to Mr. Rigsby once again)

The 10 questions have also been answered in a blog post quoted below as well:

The way he frames the debate is prejudicial. He doesn't define a "literalist." And he attempts to discredit intelligent answers in advance as "evasive." In other words, if you give an intelligent answer, if you qualify his crude formulations, that's "evasive."

triablogue.blogspot.com...

Rigsby also claims in the below video that God is nowhere to be found, does nothing, and doesn't even give a # what we do here...

edit on 19-7-2015 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it..

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
Can I ask what are the right questions if you feel the other party isn't rational or "insane". You may be right that he doesn't want answers (but judging by his responses he is trying to stimulate the debate without the need to belittle or persecute), he may just want to hear other people's perspectives, maybe for self gratitude, or maybe to better his understanding of "the other side". He can't win either way and I'm sure he new this when composing the thread.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

I could recall other ancient religious gods but it would have little purpose.

anu, the father of enki and enlil, was known in ancient egypt as amen (he also surreptitiously shows up in the bible at the end of every prayer). he is the god of the heavens.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I explained why I left out the source. It's difficult to discuss these questions without bias if a very biased author is known to be the author.

In any case, would you be surprised to find that many Christians appreciate these questions and use them on fellow Christians who insist on literalism and fire-and-brimstone rhetoric? The blog that I found these on (which I won't disclose since you've already posted a different source) even had comments from Christians who found these questions invaluable.

Do I think Christians are insane? That depends on the answers they would give to these questions. And even if made that determination, their insanity is not caused by their religion because some people are just sociopaths, regardless of their beliefs. That is not what I'm trying to surmise from these questions, anyway.

For me, I'm interested in finding out how wide the array of beliefs are between the Christians who answer. I've only had a few members actually answer it so far but the variety of answers has been really cool.

Again, my friends who are Christians would be able to answer these questions without hesitation and without feigning some self righteous persecution drama. I've said nothing inflammatory or insulting in this thread.

ps edit - I just saw your edit, thank you for clarifying.
edit on 19-7-2015 by Cuervo because: added stuffs and stuffs

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
at the end of every age, they try to kill off the people who followed the god of the former age:
at the end of the age of taurus, they started killing off the bull worshippers.
and then it was the age of aries the ram (shepherds and sheep), jews.
they were being killed off and it was the time of the fish (pisces)
and they are being killed off to usher in the age of aquarius.

man you could set your timex by this stuff. what a lousy excuse to kill people

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
I've said nothing inflammatory or insulting in this thread.

ps edit - I just saw your edit, thank you for clarifying.

My apologies Cuervo, I should have proof read that before I hit post.

I also left out something that you just alluded to...

The fact that you avoided inflammatory or insulting comments leads me to believe that your motives are quite different from Mr. Rigsby.

That's a very good thing in my eyes BTW...

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Can I ask what are the right questions if you feel the other party isn't rational or "insane". You may be right that he doesn't want answers (but judging by his responses he is trying to stimulate the debate without the need to belittle or persecute), he may just want to hear other people's perspectives, maybe for self gratitude, or maybe to better his understanding of "the other side". He can't win either way and I'm sure he new this when composing the thread.

I definitely don't want to take the thread off track but your question is a relevant one I think to the OP...

What are the right questions?

Just off the top of my head I would start with things like:

Why all the secrecy?

Why do they hide the truth about the true history of mankind from us?

What are TPTB trying to suppress?

Why is religion one of their main priorities?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join