It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eastern focusing arts...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Sorry if this is the improper area to be posting this in, but I am searching for types of eastern focusing arts that I could study. I would like to be able to feel like I have more control over myself and I think some of these practices attain that. Anyone have any names or information they could throw at me?

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I would suggest Buddhist meditation, I know one Japanese forms it is this:

Watching a rock grow, though the rock is not technicly growing, it gives your mind time to clear and to think about things.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Crystal Focusing

Crystals, as well as being healing tools are also valuable opening or meditating tools I call this Focusing and its the best form I have ever found.
Choose a crystal......a clear one one that has lots of chambers and fractures is perfect. Sit in front of a steady light source, candles I found aren't much good for this one as you need complete stillness. Turn and examine the crystal until you have your eyes focused on a single point of light. What you are looking at is the light coming out of the crystal...oh der you say.....
Now what you do is follow with your eyes the point of light through the chambers of the crystal to its source, you will find it travels through the spectrum as well as the chambers. You will have to turn the crystal slowly as you do this and at first you may lose the point of light and have to start again. At the same time feel the crystals energy in your hands, time becomes motionless and light is all. I sometimes try to float the crystal at this time and have as little of my fingers on the crystal as possible. This exercise takes time but is so relaxing and clears the mind completely and focuses it in the one place so incredibly, As it is so enjoyable to see the purity of light in the crystal. I have often shown people who find it hard to meditate this exercise with great results.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
"The way of the sword". Very good focus, self discipline, and good conditioning too. Very passive unless attacked.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There are a lot of good focusing techniques from around the world. If by "eastern" you're thinking of stuff coming out of China and Japan, there's still a wealth of options from which to choose: From Tai Chi to zazen.

First, what, specifically, are you trying to accomplish? A way to clear your mind at work or somewhere else that's relatively confined? A way to start the day "fresh?" Something that's quiet, or does volume not matter?

In a similar vein to the growing rock meditation mentioned above, another very simple one is to sit and breathe: in through your nose and out through your mouth. Try to determine at what physical point the incoming air ceases to be "air" and starts to become "breath."

new topics

top topics

join