It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP John Timmerman.

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
As it mentions in the Anomalist article below, UFO research lost a very good man last week and there are some good interviews with John P. Timmerman available on Youtube where he discusses various aspects of the phenomenon including UFO investigation and his time with Dr Hynek -also brought up is his 1,200 taped interviews of firsthand UFO testimony which eventually ended up being published by Professor Michael Swords as the book 'Grass-Roots UFOs'.

Michael Swords pens a moving obituary for his good friend — “and a friend of all UFOlogy” — John Timmerman, who died last Sunday in Ohio. John was Treasurer for the Center for UFO Studies (CUFOS) for many years, but he is probably best known for taking the CUFOS photo exhibit on the road to malls and other venues all over North America. In the process he collected a fascinating range of UFO reports from passing exhibit viewers. The audiotapes and transcripts of his interviews came to be known as ”The Timmerman Files,” which were eventually written up by Swords in a book entitled Grassroots UFOs.

A Moment of Being Serious About a Very Good Man

A very good friend of mine, and a friend of all UFOlogy, died this past Sunday in Ohio.

John had been fading for several years now and his passing was doubtless a blessing ... but the world just seems a little grayer knowing that such a good guy is no longer living here with us.

John was Treasurer for CUFOS and I sat with him through many arduous board meetings as we fought the near-impossible task of getting the Center through one year after another. Like any good Treasurer, the highlight of every meeting was John fussing endlessly over the check at the restaurant for the Saturday evening meal --- it was our standing joke.

John, as many of you know, spent literally years taking the CUFOS photo exhibit all over North America [and occasionally beyond] making needed cash for the Center, and collecting the most fascinating array of case reports from passing exhibit viewers. I called his audiotapes and transcripts of his interviews "The Timmerman Files" and they were the richest raw case materials I'd ever read. John knew that he would never write these cases up, and they risked being lost. He and I decided that I'd give him a piece of his lifelong dream, and publish his work as a book, Grass-Roots UFOs. Writing that book for John was the finest thing that I ever did in UFOlogy, as it made him so happy..

link

Grass-Roots UFOs:

Over a period of a dozen years, John Timmerman ran a traveling UFO exhibit for the Center for UFO Studies (CUFOS) that appeared in malls from Seattle to Dallas to Nova Scotia, and from Guam to Puerto Rico. In the process he spoke to hundreds of people from around the world who came in off the street and described their own UFO sightings and experiences. Timmerman ended up with nearly 1,200 taped interviews, firsthand testimony with the lingering taste of truth.

Their stories present the UFO phenomenon in all its raw glory, describing lights, disks, cigars, boomerangs, and objects where the structure was… well… indescribable; close encounters of all kinds, landing traces, physiological effects, vehicle interference, entities, radar cases, jet scrambles, crashed disks, morphing objects; and cases of such concentrated weirdness they’ll just make you shake your head, leaving you puzzled and uncomfortable — if not totally floored. A mighty strange universe is providing this entertainment..

Link

Interviews with John Timmerman:

Timmerman Meets Hynek - John P.Timmerman 1999 CUFOS Interview:

Timmerman Investigates UFOs:

Touring UFO Photo Exhibit:

Ohio Drive-In Sighting:

A Personal Story:

Hynek UFO Sighting:

Hynek's Last Years:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
John was our neighbor down the street at the Lake. I got to see the pics in one of his UFO notebooks, and I bought a few bikes off of him! My mom interviewed him for the little community paper she had started.

He always said Coast to Coast was on too late of an evening for him to be a guest.

I have a signed copy of "Grassrooots UFOs" I got from him.

I loved him.

Thanks so much for sharing.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
A true gentleman, open to learning from anyone -- I met him several times in the 1980s while writing on UFOs for OMNI. Gratitude for his life, gratitude for his generous family sharing him with the field.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
R.I.P.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Somebody will say
"killed by illuminati!!"

Yeah, everyoneelse killed by illuminati including Elvis, MJ, Rivers, Keneddy, Washington, Tesla, Robie Williams, John Carpenter...............

Illuminati, they kill everything bcause there is not enought terorrists to kill.
(kappa, sarcasm, lol)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieAtTheGap

I have a signed copy of "Grassrooots UFOs" I got from him.

I loved him.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Certainly a very well respected man Charlie and I suspect a lot of people on this forum would like to own that one - there's also a nice article below from 2009 where his work got recognition with several awards.

LIMA — After spending more than six decades researching UFOs, John P. Timmerman has developed a reputation in the field as the one of the premier UFO researchers.

“He knows everything there is to know. If you want to know anything about UFOs, John’s the one to ask,” said Mike Krick, president of the Lima Area UFO Research Associates.

Describing him as “a true gentleman, ufologist, and all-around good guy,” the group honored Timmerman on Wednesday evening with several awards for his life’s work.

Tom Bowman, the group’s secretary, read letters from the area and beyond, including one from Lima Mayor David Berger.

“I’m overwhelmed. That’s the only word I can think of,” Timmerman said. “It gives me a kind of a thank you for everything I was trying to do..

UFO Study Group Presents Award to Longtime Researcher

originally posted by: JimOberg

A true gentleman, open to learning from anyone

Important quality there Jim and don't know if you've read it but his name also pops up quite a bit in the notes of this book about authenticated internal government UFO documentation.

"I don't think there is any way to read this scholarly work without concluding that the Air Force lied, that the phenomenon is real and that the extraterrestrial hypothesis is on the table"

link

(post by okantonio removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Rare interview where John Timmerman discusses UFOs with Isaac Asimov.

See 25:00

edit on 16-4-2017 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join