It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tilt Shift Nebula

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Tilt–shift photography is the use of camera movements on small- and medium-format cameras, and sometimes specifically refers to the use of tilt for selective focus, often for simulating a miniature scene.
Andromeda

Sombrero Galaxy

NGC 2397

NGC 660

The Milky Way

ETA: A few more pics .

All these pics were taken from Hubble and Tilt Shift was applied to them. For me it really puts the vastness of space into perspective.

You can see the whole album Here .At the bottom of the page just click Load entire album.

Hope you enjoy these as much as i do !

Note: if Any of you fellow Avatar makers out their feel up to created me an Avatar from one of these pics , I would be honored !

Thanks much

♠Kap♠
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
i love these pics!! i always have to wonder though..how large are these bodies?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

The galaxies: hundreds of thousands of light years wide.

The nebula: hundreds of light years to thousands of light years wide.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

A bit late with this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

seems so , Trash bound it seems is the fate of this thread

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Don't worry it happens a lot on here.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
i love these pics!! i always have to wonder though..how large are these bodies?

This thread will give you a good idea

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Dear Kapusta... This is probably way off base, but if you like it its yours...

-AB

And another, simpler, more straightforward one...

ps - link to instructions for this size avatar... www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-7-2015 by AboveBoard because: linky

edit on 18-7-2015 by AboveBoard because: two!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It's funny how they look microscopic in the pictures isn't it?

At least to me anyway.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

wow that is simply ...Amazing ty so much above Board for doing that for me !

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

But of course!

Here is the Milky Way... ala Avatar form...

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

ooooh! It looks GOOD on you!

- AB

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Hey is that one with the eye in it real or photoshopped?

I'm assuming photoshopped

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Beautiful !!!!!!! ty so much ! ♥♥♥♥♥

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Photoshopped! o_0

Real would be... Well let's just say I'd expect a whole new forum to pop up...

It was eye shaped so I went for it, and put the star in the eye, too on another layer.
The eye belongs to a child, which I thought was awesome...

edit on 18-7-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Thank you for this post. Excellent ! The incomprehensible vastness these photos encapsulate....

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I'm browsing the web from my phone, so, I'm just wondering if I am missing something here. The word "tilt-shift" seems to imply some sort of movement... they appear to be single still images to me. Are they supposed to be moving or have I misunderstood the meaning of the term?

Absolutely glorious images by the way. How I envy the race of beings who, whether in the past, present or future, gets to cruise through space seeing galaxies, nebula, planets, moons, star systems, etc, through their own eyes, or on their spaceship's monitor or spacesuit visor. I can only hope such things will be in store for humanity's own destiny. Of course, we cannot know if it has already happened in our past, or is happening now, with humans who broke away long ago, or with hidden technology used by Earth humans.

Either way, that would be pretty cool to see the view approaching one of these galaxies from 1Million LY away, travelling about 2 Million times the speed of light, so it takes about 6 months to reach it. With some kind of relativity adapter on your ship's monitor so it doesn't distort the image by traveling faster than light. Would that happen, I wonder? Or would it look the same until you got real close?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
I'm browsing the web from my phone, so, I'm just wondering if I am missing something here. The word "tilt-shift" seems to imply some sort of movement... they appear to be single still images to me. Are they supposed to be moving or have I misunderstood the meaning of the term?

Absolutely glorious images by the way. How I envy the race of beings who, whether in the past, present or future, gets to cruise through space seeing galaxies, nebula, planets, moons, star systems, etc, through their own eyes, or on their spaceship's monitor or spacesuit visor. I can only hope such things will be in store for humanity's own destiny. Of course, we cannot know if it has already happened in our past, or is happening now, with humans who broke away long ago, or with hidden technology used by Earth humans.

Either way, that would be pretty cool to see the view approaching one of these galaxies from 1Million LY away, travelling about 2 Million times the speed of light, so it takes about 6 months to reach it. With some kind of relativity adapter on your ship's monitor so it doesn't distort the image by traveling faster than light. Would that happen, I wonder? Or would it look the same until you got real close?

At the top of my Op you will notice an explanation ,but in case you missed it here it is again.

Tilt–shift photography is the use of camera movements on small- and medium-format cameras, and sometimes specifically refers to the use of tilt for selective focus, often for simulating a miniature scene.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Looks like someone peering through a Danish.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
To be pedantic, this is not the real tilt-shift but just selective blurring of some parts of the images. It works for some of the images (where it's like an isometric look down at something, like the Andromeda), but is dubious in most of other images.

In real tilt-shift, the lens is tilted with respect to the camera, blurring anything that's close or far from the camera, leaving only a narrow field of focus in-between. This simulates the very narrow depth of field when using macro-photography.

join