It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Art. Looking for ideas on what to make next!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

could you heat them to get a natural colour variation?

That would look awesome!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

ev55abb37e.jpg[/pic]]

This was one of my first steam punk pieces.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Alright, for anyone that wanted to take a look at some of my other creations
Go to Etsy.com and look up Carignans Creations.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

This one might make a nice owl.

AWESOME work with the watch parts, that is really original!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I wish i took a picture of it before i sold it, but i made an owl a few weeks back.
It was one of my favoite pieces. Maybe ill make another

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

You should think about getting good pictures of all your work.

They would make very interesting cards or prints.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
On my list of things to do (but it seems you would be good at it) would be to make a shadow box with an actual insect (beetle, dragonfly, etc.) but with watch parts glued to them to steampunk them up a bit. It would be doubly cool if you could add a magnifying glass that you could adjust to go over the insect so that the observer could get an even closer view of the 'mechanical workings'. Or move it out of the way- like on a hinged arm or something.

You can get really awesome background options out of scrapbooking paper too. Just don't use a design that's too busy or the watch parts will be 'swallowed up' by the pattern.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

I made a beetle a a few weeks ago outta some parts.
Ill post a couple pics of it

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If i could find a big intact beetle exoskeleton, i would do exactly what you mentioned

" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">http://

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I have Photoshop CS6, but i have NO clue on how to use it lol. Ive followed a few youtube videos on how to do things, but i need to really sit down and plug away at it. I would like to take those pics and have them on a black background, but also have the features stand out. Sort of put a glow on it

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Most possibly out of your ability but it would be awsome if could mount an overhead camera and make a timelapse video of a jumbled up mess becoming a peice of art.

It could be a good marketing tool if you could pull it off!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I did take pics through out the entire process of building the dragon piece. I can try to post them when i get back home. I came to work at 4 am and i am here now until Thursday.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I will check them out when I get back from work, I leave on wednesday and not back until the middle of august!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I found a perfect dragonfly in its death throes. I saved it, I just need to dissect a watch and glue some mechanical looking bits to it. Maybe some wires to make it look like the parts functionally move the wings or something. I even used an iridescent fingernail polish to 'brighten him up'. His body was a boring light blue, now it's a much more interesting 'pop' of blue green with a metallic sheen.

You have to have a good eye, but if you wander around in nature long enough you can find some really cool dead things to work with.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Right on, take care at work and try to have fun

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Very creative, and nice! Love the tiger. The dragon isn't as clear to me, but likely that's just me.

For next, do whatever you see in the pieces. Your art, your inspiration. You could sell those, easily.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Darth Vader. Definitely Darth Vader.

I've gotta say I've never seen anything like this before and it's brilliant.

On the business side of things If you could recreate the house sigils from Game of Thrones, people could pay a pretty penny. Strike while the iron is hot I say.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Happy belated Birthday!!
You are an amazing Crafting Wizard! Very cool artwork and nice to see that You have a passion for what You are doing!! That's Great!!
Oh, I can suggest some H.R.Giger art pieces next? They would turn out very Steam-Punk! Which I think is Way cool !!! Syx...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ok....so this thread go me thinking.... I've got a mole in a ziplock baggie in my freezer awaiting preservation. Not sure what to do with him, since they just kind of look like harry turds, but he is in great condition. So I could cut a square out of its back, preserve it, then instead of doing the typical mount I would leave the 'hatch' open with a hinge and you could see mechanical parts within. Then have the whole shebang in a shadow box.

So...where would be the best source for approximately 2"x1" of mechanical bits? Preferably antique-y and already put together in a mechanism. Or would I have to just get a bunch of loose gears and assemble them myself? I've noticed newer clocks/watches have lame guts...plastic and ugly. Do older clocks/watches have better parts?

Another possibility would be to get a wind up toy then mount the mole hide ON it. Lol! Then you could wind it up and it could drive around. Lmao!

Which is better steampunk/science-y or funny?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

Get any old wind up watch, remove it from its case so its just the movement.
Try to keep the stem on it so when u wind it, the parts move

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join