It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Art. Looking for ideas on what to make next!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I see you're good at doing single figures. Have you thought about scenery? When doing the 12 figures of the Zodiac, why not see if you can make them flow, one into the next, or maybe arrangements reminiscent of mythology with your figures.

I would think there would be lots of challenge in making the clockwork do that.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I did something similar to a 1940 ford, but i added somethings just to jazz it up a bit. I might have a pic of it on my phone. It was the first piece i sold.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The thing is, im limited to the space in the pocket watch case. If i do all the zodiacs they will have to be in their own case...or i could try to mount them in something bigger, then it would be easier to have them flow with each other.
Maybe ill start with cancer, its my sign and its my birthday tomorrow!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Ha ha happy birthday. Cancer crab made me think of your tweezer tools. Just rembered a Chinese art who did incredible sculptures and scenes with mouse bones I think it was, tiny weeny bones any way, maybe it was fish?
edit on 18-7-2015 by Cloudbuster because: Added extra info

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Thanks buddy!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Very cool stuff, me like. How about a motorcycle or a spaceship (maybe UFO) surrounded by planets?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
jr55ab26aa.jpg[/pic]]

Very early phoenix concept.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Do I see some Steampunk inspiration there? very cool art man!

Also, do you have a website or art sharing place where you upload your work?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Thanks bud!

I usually just post it on a sales site similar to craigslist.

Im gonna open a store on Etsy though!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Very cool art, almost makes me wanna crack open my grandpa's ol' pocket watch and try it.............

edit on 7192015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Nice work. Having just spent the day at a Steam Punk festival, I am hoping you aren't tearing apart actual antique pocket watches. Those are too valuable in my opinion.

BobbyRock, please don't. Ya'll are about to make we want to start a save the pocket watch campaign. If you really wanted too, you can buy all the gears and parts online and Joannes fabric has pocket watch casings. I think Micheal's craft store does too.
edit on 7/19/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Ya, i buy antique pocket watches and old wind up watches every week to dismantle them.
I could buy parts from Michael's, or someone off the net, but i rather collect the parts for myself and have the real thing.
Having all the history from a near hundred year old watch being reused and remade into something new, makes it that much more special to me, and the buyer as well.
Thats just my point of view on it....
They dont make em how they used to.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BobbyRock

Thanks a lot!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Nice work. Having just spent the day at a Steam Punk festival, I am hoping you aren't tearing apart actual antique pocket watches. Those are too valuable in my opinion.

BobbyRock, please don't. Ya'll are about to make we want to start a save the pocket watch campaign. If you really wanted too, you can buy all the gears and parts online and Joannes fabric has pocket watch casings. I think Micheal's craft store does too.

I said almost. It still runs better than my own fancy 21st century wrist watch (and this pocket watch he bought on one of his trips in the mid 1930's when he was a sailor).

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Lucky you. Did you dress up for the occasion. Can we see some photo. You can black out your face if you want to remain anonymous.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Nice compositions! Maybe make an alien? A Cthulhu? Steampunk still seems to be a sellers market. I've done stuff in the past with clock pieces adding them to jewelery pieces. It's nice now how separate jewelery pieces can be brought in even chain art stores now making it more convenient for art. Art sites online, if not already shared there will help you a lot if looking to sell. Would check out local fests as well.
edit on 19-7-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

That's awesome!
What sort of color variety do you have to work with?
I'd suggest something like a chameleon or parrot if it's feasible.
Otherwise, mandalas are really beautiful!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
These are absolutely delightful. A bicycle perhaps? An early one with the large front wheel?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

The parts are usually brass or silver color. But i could paint them.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Ya, like a tricycle!

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join