It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VICE News: Live From the KKK's Confederate Flag Rally in South Carolina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I figured since we have been having threads about the confederate flag this was something that should be seen.

And the headline is from Vice News not mine.

edit on 18-7-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h
Thanks for the new feed.

The one in the other thread died.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Thanks for the new feed.

Didn't see the other one, but hope it helps those following this topic.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

When a KKK group holds a rally for the confederate flag, doesn't this make it clear that the flag has always been used as a symbol for hate? The KKK holding a rally only solidifies the need to retire this flag to a museum.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

When a KKK group holds a rally for the confederate flag, doesn't this make it clear that the flag has always been used as a symbol for hate?

But then what about those who aren't using it as something for hate...do they not matter?

Lumping everyone under one flag is a bit silly isn't it?

Not all of those who have pride in that flag hate.

edit on 18-7-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The KKK scares me ( All 'whatever race' power/hate groups scare me ) .

People are only trying to get their face book pictures taken doing something either/or. imho

In the video the man ( white ) says "Take my picture, while he's burning the confederate flag" this whole thing is ridiculous and we've been divided and attention drawn away from other more important things in this country.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: WeRpeons

When a KKK group holds a rally for the confederate flag, doesn't this make it clear that the flag has always been used as a symbol for hate?

But then what about those who aren't using it as something for hate...do they not matter?

Lumping everyone under one flag is a bit silly isn't it?

But isn't that one of the problems with flags in general??. They lump people into one group. Flags themselves are symbols, they are focal points around which to rally devotion. I will believe that the confederate flag is innocuous when all of those who hold it dear for reasons other than hate and racism stand up for it and kick out the haters and racists who pledge to it. See what I mean?

Not all of those who have pride in that flag hate.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
A KKK member holding up his flags should say:

"No, no, no. You got it all wrong. I'm just a big fan of Dukes of Hazard and the engineering achievements of Wernher von Braun."

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
To me it looks like the LEOs are protecting the racists. When the sun goes down...what then?
edit on 18-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

After watching this, as well as other feeds, of this KKK rally I am "almost" at a loss for words.

Those people who showed up in support of the KKK and/or their Bars & Stars banner have to be some of the most ignorant, backwoods thinking, sheet wearing, cross burning bigots, I have ever laid eyes on.

Pure unadulterated hatred in it's rawest form.

What an absolute embarrassment they are for America.

The Bars & Stars flag is proving to be America's version of the Nazi flag. The two flags were even used together in several of the KKK banners and uniform patches worn by their members.

In my book, those people are indeed a hate group and should be officially designated as a "domestic terrorist" organization.

edit on 18-7-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ah, the KKK. Time to point and laugh.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Ah, the KKK. Time to point and laugh.

Yeah, maybe I could laugh if it just wasn't so sickening.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

Those people who showed up in support of the KKK and/or their Bars & Stars banner have to be some of the most ignorant, backwoods thinking, sheet wearing, cross burning bigots, I have ever laid eyes on.

Pure unadulterated hatred in it's rawest form.

What an absolute embarrassment they are for America.

I feel your embarrassment and sorrow.
From the 'outside' it just looks like ignorant, redneck racism, plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I despise the Klan, they are the last people who should be speaking in defense of the Confederate flag. I wonder if the Sons of Confederate Veterans applied for a permit? It wouldn't surprise me if they only allowed the Klan to do it because
that would pretty much tarnish the image of the flag for many unfortunately.

I did see a few brave folks carrying flags out in the crowd speaking with people about it. I applaud them for their efforts but the KKK can go jump off a cliff.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Are you freaking kidding me? Please explain how the police were "protecting" the racists.

Please explain to me the proper way to handle such an event?

Maybe your expertise will help law enforcement the next time.

No one seriously hurt, only a few fights, it sure seems like the police did a good job to me.

Furthermore, did you even notice all of the black police officers working? Do you think they were "protecting" the racists too.
edit on 19-7-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I got a problem with all flags.

They don't mean squat in lieu of the fact that adults can act
as retarded as they want behind one.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
i give you clayton bigsby. becauce i just think dave is the one of the best.

Warning For viewers sensitive to issues of race, be advised that the following piece contains gratuitous use of the n word

edit on 19-7-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

top topics

join