It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars are fake?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tichy

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: Tichy

I watched the video because I do subscribe to the idea of a holographic universe, not in the sense of photons but in the sense of the interference patterns created by three quarks to create workable "particles." Could we be operational within a confined/bordered space where our space is real and the balance fake? I find that unlikely, I don't believe it is a mix of two systems. I believe it is one continuous virtual reality system. Now don't get me wrong, the idea of a virtual reality could still appear as "solid" as a true reality. Minds can be tricked to operate within unknown systems to make them understandable, it all comes down to programming at the interface/sensors (brain/senses).

You have to remember 4 things here; the classical universe is some 99.999999999999% free space, the quantum universe is some 99.9999999999999% free space, the "universe" has a net sum energy value of zero and our sensory systems and brain do not operate in real time, meaning there is always a propagation delay, even if at times minute, between what we sense, when it is transferred and whenever it is processed.

We may never have definitive proof of how this "universe" works until we are outside of it and I would refer that statement back to interferometry, gravity waves and our inability to measure same as we measure from within the effected system.

Cheers - Dave

Second best post i've reat so far.

I know what you mean when you say

the idea of a virtual reality could still appear as "solid" as a true reality

Of course it is real for us. And this makes it more then just a hologram. Even if it'd be projected from somewhere. If you have beeings within, that are aware of themselfs and can alter their reality then it's more than just a program, that runs on some outside supercomputer. In this case you have a soul within.

By the way ...standing outside is an interessting point. If you would be god. Would you be outside of it all or would the matter force you to be within? I think in some way that's a key question to understand reality.

Personally I think we are tethered by some presently unknown technology and we ride in basically avatars that in most cases have to operate according to the rules of this virtual reality. In addition, the brain being a data acquisition and control system also has a firewall to prevent certain information from transgressing the tether. I still don't think we have free will and that we are simply observers in a constructed 4d simulation, the actual purpose of which I have no clue, but I can postulate.

Whatever programmer cum mathematician that wrote the code for this construct I believe must be outside the system as in order to know outcomes, he or she would have to have the ability to fast forward or rewind the construct without interference or observation. This would be similar to say a VHS tape where it can be manipulated without changes to content. Hence the rules applied to the construct would not apply to its creator.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Or we could all be Star ship personnel on leave, for a bit of real R and R. Thanks to the Entertainments committee.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I only made it 2-3 min and decided that was enough.
a reply to: Sremmos80

When you spend a whole of 3 minutes on something before you flat out dismiss it, I can only wonder if you're really the one "deciding."
I'm not judging, just wondering - about everything.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Real life.
Another world.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

I watched the video because I do subscribe to the idea of a holographic universe, not in the sense of photons but in the sense of the interference patterns created by three quarks to create workable "particles." Could we be operational within a confined/bordered space where our space is real and the balance fake? I find that unlikely, I don't believe it is a mix of two systems. I believe it is one continuous virtual reality system. Now don't get me wrong, the idea of a virtual reality could still appear as "solid" as a true reality. Minds can be tricked to operate within unknown systems to make them understandable, it all comes down to programming at the interface/sensors (brain/senses).

You have to remember 4 things here; the classical universe is some 99.999999999999% free space, the quantum universe is some 99.9999999999999% free space, the "universe" has a net sum energy value of zero and our sensory systems and brain do not operate in real time, meaning there is always a propagation delay, even if at times minute, between what we sense, when it is transferred and whenever it is processed.

We may never have definitive proof of how this "universe" works until we are outside of it and I would refer that statement back to interferometry, gravity waves and our inability to measure same as we measure from within the effected system.

Cheers - Dave

Of course it is real for us. And this makes it more then just a hologram. Even if it'd be projected from somewhere. If you have beeings within, that are aware of themselfs and can alter their reality then it's more than just a program, that runs on some outside supercomputer. In this case you have a soul within.

By the way ...standing outside is an interessting point. If you would be god. Would you be outside of it all or would the matter force you to be within? I think in some way that's a key question to understand reality.

Personally I think we are tethered by some presently unknown technology and we ride in basically avatars that in most cases have to operate according to the rules of this virtual reality. In addition, the brain being a data acquisition and control system also has a firewall to prevent certain information from transgressing the tether. I still don't think we have free will and that we are simply observers in a constructed 4d simulation, the actual purpose of which I have no clue, but I can postulate.

Whatever programmer cum mathematician that wrote the code for this construct I believe must be outside the system as in order to know outcomes, he or she would have to have the ability to fast forward or rewind the construct without interference or observation. This would be similar to say a VHS tape where it can be manipulated without changes to content. Hence the rules applied to the construct would not apply to its creator.

Cheers - Dave

For myself i don't really believe that we all live in some kind of simulation. The universe could be holografic but this doesn't necessarily means, that we are virtual beeings.

It's an interesting thought, though. If we were part of a program, then there should be some bugs from time to time. I wonder if those could be spotted by ourselfs

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Cheers - Dave

For myself i don't really believe that we all live in some kind of simulation. The universe could be holografic but this doesn't necessarily means, that we are virtual beeings.

It's an interesting thought, though. If we were part of a program, then there should be some bugs from time to time. I wonder if those could be spotted by ourselfs

But what if it's (the universe) all in your head, litteraly, specifically the visual cortex.

We all exist on a shared platform be we each are our own hologram software interacting in a shared space. The overall consensus provides our accepted reality which can change by a global shift in perception. Flat v. Round v. Holographic.

Here's a thread worth chewing on, although not directly related to holographic universe.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Hmm, i recently stumpled over this vid:

www.youtube.com...

Seems there are some unexplained mysteries, that serve his theory about a holographic universe but i'm not really convinced.

What's your thought?

I'm massively unconvinced, plus the video left me in stitches - when I wasn't shouting 'Liar'! - that is. Thanks for entertaining me though.
edit on 19-7-2015 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Cheers - Dave

Cheers - Dave

But what if it's (the universe) all in your head, litteraly, specifically the visual cortex.

We all exist on a shared platform be we each are our own hologram software interacting in a shared space. The overall consensus provides our accepted reality which can change by a global shift in perception. Flat v. Round v. Holographic.

Here's a thread worth chewing on, although not directly related to holographic universe.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the link. I do like the work of Vallee since he's one of the few guys in this field who's trying to investigate stuff in a scientific way. I never really understood what he was trying to tell us, though.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

when I wasn't shouting 'Liar'!
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Just curious, how can you be so sure it's a lie? Have you garnered proof of this lie with evidence you've seen and experienced firsthand?? If not, again, how can you be so sure? I have no evidence one way or another so I don't know. I can't imagine that anyone has proof either way. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: rickymouse
The music on the video starts to suck after a while. Some of the stuff he says could be happening, we actually have not been outside of our solar system yet. No matter what, the heliosphere could be blocking much of what is out there, it is an energy barrior and it can distort the actual location of stars if it is strong enough. Part of the voids of space could have energy being drawn a different way, the light might not come this way. There are a lot of possibilities, I am not stuck just believing the ideas that are accepted.

Actually, Voyager 1 has left our solar system (past the heliosphere). As of September 13 2013, it is now officially in interstellar space. So, as we continue to monitor Voyager 1, we shall see his theory physically proved to be worth the data bits it uses to exist.

Voyager 1 Reaches Interstellar Space

From your link : Voyager is in a transitional region immediately outside the solar bubble, where some effects from our sun are still evident.

They still aren't out of the suns energy bubble and the outermost point is where the main force field is generated. The action of this field is sort of a surface tension field way out at the boundry. I am not aware of what it stops or alters. It does not appear that the scientists studying this actually know either, but they will know as voyager goes through it. Hopefully when it goes through it doesn't just fall to the floor of Odin's Castle.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

I too am an Astral Traveler....The stars are as real out there as we are here looking up at them...as is swimming underwater and looking up at the light...both are real...its perspective.

Just as true we could be the holograms in someone else's universe. That would make us...not here really...just a simulation...and no matter how much we converse between ourselves in this world...we still aren't really here...to those OUTSIDE our frame of reference....we aren't real.

To them. There. Looking back from their star systems to here.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

hm actually.. you're being hypnotized right now. How, by this very existance itself. Everything we see hear and touch is a Hypnotic Suggestion to your subconsious mind.

Ok.. here's a 'Fun' example for you.

I thought it relevant my post.

Now the only thing missing here is that letters numbers shapes etc have 'angles' and are all hypnotically suggestive.
edit on 7/20/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/20/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
*looks up at the stars* "incubators?"
Kudos if you get the reference.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Fake people in a fake universe, it's too perfect.
The fake people would then theorize there are actually real stars and real people,
and of course this is completely unacceptable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join