It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lifes great mysteries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I know that title is very broad and incites many different feelings from people. Its not something i have ever thought about too much, until the last year. I went through a lot of ups and downs in the past year, more downs than ups, and it has changed the way I think.

Lately I find myself looking at society, and seeing how the majority of people live by a certain plan. Go to school, get good grades, go to college or university, then go get a job. Meet someone, get a house, get married, have kids. There must be more to life. I knew someone who died in the terror attack in Tunisia. He had recently retired, after working hard all his days, only to be gunned down on a beach. So working for 50 years meant nothing. Is this all there is to life?

We work, then die. Then nothing. So what is the actual purpose of our lives? I cant help feel an emptiness lately, something is missing, and I dont know what it is. I have followed lifes plan, i have the job, the house, the wife. Kids are next on the agenda...then what? I find it hard to motivate myself to live through this cycle. Anyone else feel the same?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Do something different, travel somewhere to live in a new country. Find a way to help others in your community. Find an exciting hobby, search inside yourself for what you want to make your life about. Live today and you will not worry about tomorrow. (I do not mean partying and wasting life everyday)

Meditate, train your body, explore the love you feel for your wife and really really get to know her.

There are many things that you can do to give your life meaning; it is your decision whether to do it or not.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gdt26

I never stuck to any plan..
I'm making this up as I go..

I've been enjoying myself ever since I figured out this was my ride.

Everything will be perfect when..
I'll get to rest when..
I'll retire when..

ef all that, I'm already retired, I'll never get tired.

And if you need a purpose in life pick one.
Change the game up.
fix some garbage bs up.

I can't have an empty feeling cause I love too much.
One thing I could have done different is have more money to get some changes rolling along faster,
but that's no skin off my back.
edit on 18-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

If you believe all the social propaganda, buy into that lifestyle then find out it was a lie....

Man, that sucks!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Im one of the few people who has as much as possible done what I wanted with my life,90% of my jobs have been the ones I wanted, I have traveled, I have fulfilled almost if not all my practical dreams. Have I had a good life, I dont know, I live alone now ( becouse i choose ) I have cancer. The only advice I can give is live your life as you want and be happy and content with your life becouse no matter what you do there will always be the feeling there should be something else.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: gdt26
I know that title is very broad and incites many different feelings from people. Its not something i have ever thought about too much, until the last year. I went through a lot of ups and downs in the past year, more downs than ups, and it has changed the way I think.

Lately I find myself looking at society, and seeing how the majority of people live by a certain plan. Go to school, get good grades, go to college or university, then go get a job. Meet someone, get a house, get married, have kids. There must be more to life. I knew someone who died in the terror attack in Tunisia. He had recently retired, after working hard all his days, only to be gunned down on a beach. So working for 50 years meant nothing. Is this all there is to life?

We work, then die. Then nothing. So what is the actual purpose of our lives? I cant help feel an emptiness lately, something is missing, and I dont know what it is. I have followed lifes plan, i have the job, the house, the wife. Kids are next on the agenda...then what? I find it hard to motivate myself to live through this cycle. Anyone else feel the same?

Working towards making the world - the entire world - a better place for our fellows by being and doing the very best we can for others.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

God you sound so like me! Weird

I believe there is more, its hard not to follow the rule book though, just do it your way, that's what I do, don't get tied down thinking how you should live, make your own adventure and write your own book .... You only get one chance at it!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with choosing to pursue school, a career and a family. Those things don't preclude having a very active mind, spiritual life and passion for the esoteric.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Life is about growth, development, learning as much about yourself and the universal reality your in as well.

Everything else is what you bring into your life along the journey! Or so, in this blueprint, what others influence brings on your path via conformity of.

What is important as am indivdual living being, operating a biological/chemical suit called hueman. .. is to stay true to self, what your passionate about, what makes you happy and brings you vigor and expression..

This journey is everyone's, as indivduals, that make up the collectivity called human race. There must be balance of self and others along this journey. .. for growth and development.

Find your passion, find what you believe in and build upon it, whatever that maybe.

It's true, we live in someone else's mental structure of a system; school, education, more education, job, relationships, retire, spend the weak and nigh days until it's your time to pass into the ether..

But you are limited only to your choices in life.

Be wise, be true, be yourself ♡

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It may seem that someone's 50 years of work meant nothing - but you don't know how fulfilled they were each day that they lived.

Maybe they noticed the little things, took joy in each achievement, made each day count for something, guided their children to adulthood.

What's the alternative? Sit on a rock and do nothing?

We, each of us, have something to contribute to the society we live in and are valued by other people for our contribution.

If some of us are prepared to work in coal mines, it's always seemed to me, the least the rest of us can do is work to help provide society with what it needs. We all consume produce and benefit from our joint efforts so a Man's working day doesn't have to have been a waste.

Try learning to live in the moment. Whatever you are doing, do your best at it. Stop sometimes to look around and notice the beauty of the World.

Think what you would like to do. Plan it and work towards it. Unless you know what you want, you won't achieve anything. Make your life count, see it as a learning experience and grow so that you leave this World a better person than you were when you came in.

I don't believe there's nothing afterwards, but so what if that's it - nothing? How does it hurt if you spent your life becoming a better person and fulfilling goals? Those goals may seem mundane to others, but they represent something to you.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

An interesting post.... I know people who micro manage their lives, and those of their children... I avoid them, mostly.

I think to myself " The best laid plans.." ( Etc.) and I, who do not " Manage " my life
But am tossed around on the blown spume of life's ups and downs, and am not surprised when " The fickle finger of fate " intervenes in my life and turns things upside down, and inside out.

And I'm happy with my lot in life. Help others, ( Those who genuinely deserve help..)

.....And avoid loud, vexatious, people. Especially the social climbers and the materialistic...

Not forgetting those who like talking about themselves to the exclusion of all others.

Thank you....

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Existentialism can be a blessing or a curse, depending how you react to it.
Man is what he makes of himself.

top topics

join