It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evolution: people talk about it, but do they really believe it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I really have an issue trying to figure out how strongly people really believe in Evolution.

Evolution has mathmatucally divided people up into two female and male. It's easy females have XX chromosomes and males have XY chromosome. You think this would be easy. Yet people are ready to fight over people saying someone with an XY chromosome is not a female.

Evolution has made human procreation between a man and a women. If evolution thought it was better or even equal for just one sex or the same sex to procreate, evolution would have made it so. Yet people who say they believe in evolution are ready to fight you for trying to follow the path laid out by evolution.

Evolution states that traits are passed on to offsprings by their male and female parents. Then if two low intelligence people have a kid, wouldn't that kid have a better then average chance of also possessing lower intolerance. How would one expect equal results between the kid of two low intelligence people as the off spring of two high intelligent people. Evolution dictates some people will have more then others and will pass more on to the next generation

Can anyone else come up with other examples of people who say they believe in evolution fight for anti-evolution policies and results?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
I really have an issue trying to figure out how strongly people really believe in Evolution.

Without a doubt.

EVERYTHING is constantly changing.

And yes, stupid + stupid = village idiot which means that devolution is happening at the same time as evolution. We can't have one without the other. Ying yang 'n all that.
edit on 18/7/2015 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
if you have such difficulty grasping the logistics of evolution, you could always try educating yourself through the several dozen threads that ALREADY exist in the ats database. instead of posting a thread blaming your ignorance on someone else. but thats just an idea.

i aint sticking around to see if you jump on it.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Not to mention 'how many books' on the subject. And as you will not be here to follow this thread you might not reply to this reply but I agree with you, and I'm outta here also.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
So the gist is, "why do evolutionists also support gay relationships/transgender brainwiring"...

I'll wait for the evolutionists to answer.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

When I see a primate turn into a human? You'll get my full attention......

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Some people (I would argue many, in fact) only believe in evolution because it's contrary to the beliefs of creationists. They don't care about philosophical/logical consistency--they only want to spite creationists.

Unfortunately, for some it's more about hate than science.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Some people (I would argue many, in fact) only believe in evolution because it's contrary to the beliefs of creationists. They don't care about philosophical/logical consistency--they only want to spite creationists.

Unfortunately, for some it's more about hate than science.

Pot calling the kettle here I think!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Evolution has made human procreation between a man and a women. If evolution thought it was better or even equal for just one sex or the same sex to procreate, evolution would have made it so. Yet people who say they believe in evolution are ready to fight you for trying to follow the path laid out by evolution.

Can anyone else come up with other examples of people who say they believe in evolution fight for anti-evolution policies and results?

Believing in evolution and supporting gay rights does not equate to 'fighting for anti-evolution'.
Homosexuals do reproduce. They may not reproduce with their own gender, but most homosexuals reproduce with somebody of the opposite sex. Homosexuality is not a fatal disease, it's a sexual orientation, sexual attraction.

And for those that doubt evolution:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Well if you can live for hundreds of millions of years DUH!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So what are you really on about. Is this some veiled anti gay thread. Pathetic. I could say Neanderthal but that would be an insult to Neanderthals.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

Pot calling the kettle here I think!

How so?

Am I a creationist? You seem to know so you tell me.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
oh man....discontinuous mind

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Here's the funny part: Whether you believe in Evolution or not does not change the fact that it is right.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I keep being amazed by how obsessed religious folks can be with gay sex.

Almost like they secretly want it.

edit on 18-7-2015 by YouPeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

As far as your evolution vs. gay argument they aren't opposed to each other. This should be obvious since gay people have been around as long as we have our recorded history. Homosexuality is also found in other species everywhere on earth. Heterosexual breeding is what creates more homosexual children and not one of those examples shows any sign of stopping. So with that being said, homosexuality isn't against evolution at all, but seems to be a part of it, even if we don't understand why that is.

Also, when discussing policies like Gay Marriage, it has nothing to do with evolution at all, it has to do with Equal Rights. Equal Rights are a man made concept, not a natural one at all. So that is a whole different argument all together.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Actually, evolution as a concept is about change which is a circumstance where things become different than they where before. Evolution as a theory also allows for instances where those changes are useful, AND when they are not. Natural selection comes in after this point, and the winners get to pass on their genetics, to the next generation.

So the fact that some are different than others, and in more than one way too, falls right in with evolution.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: seeker1963

Well if you can live for hundreds of millions of years DUH!!!

What made it stop? DUH!!!!

Wouldn't it be a continuous process?
edit on 18-7-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So... You don't actually understand evolution them do you?

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Primates
Suborder: Haplorhini
Family: Hominidae
Genus: Homo
Species: H. sapiens

Humans are the species, Homo is our genus and we are members of the family Hominidae which is part of the Sub Order Haplorhini under the Order Prinates. Prinates can't turn into humans because Humans ARE Prinates. Seriously, this is 10th grade biology class material.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Evolution has mathmatucally divided people up into two female and male. It's easy females have XX chromosomes and males have XY chromosome. You think this would be easy. Yet people are ready to fight over people saying someone with an XY chromosome is not a female.

Except that this mathematical model you propose, seems to ignore the simple fact that heterosexual mating is the sole cause of homosexual offspring.

You're not following a path laid out by evolution, you're rationalizing bigotry by hiding behind a science you don't seem to have studied very much. Let's look at the basics first. Evolution is, when you get down to brass tacks, a measurement of changes in allele frequency over time in populations and individuals. Evolution doesn't think, it doesn't have a plan and it doesn't act on its own. As you seem to at least have a tenuous grasp of the following fact, one can not pass on their genes without procreating. Ignoring the fact that homosexuals can in fact reproduce and pass on their genes, let's look at siblings. It has been shown that female siblings of male homosexuals have higher than average fertility rates. This means that if they are actively having unprotected sex, they will become pregnant at rates higher than the average for their socioeconomic group. Thus, similar genetics to the male sibling will be passed down by the female and at a higher rate than the average. They both share the genes of their parents and those genes will still be passed down. Furthermore, homosexuality has been known since the beginning of recorded human history with gay marriage ceremonies taking place as far back as Mesopotamia. I addition to humans, homosexual relations are known in over 200 animal species, including on of our closest relatives, the bonobos. Bonobos are a matriarchal society who utilize homosexual relationships as a method of social control. This is not a human-centric phenomena and is known throughout the vertebrate world.

Evolution states that traits are passed on to offsprings by their male and female parents. Then if two low intelligence people have a kid, wouldn't that kid have a better then average chance of also possessing lower intolerance. How would one expect equal results between the kid of two low intelligence people as the off spring of two high intelligent people. Evolution dictates some people will have more then others and will pass more on to the next generation

What role does intelligence in parents have in homosexuality? Genetics are only one factor in intelligence. It's not like passing recessive or dominant genes for hair and eye color or height for example. There are environmental and socio-cultural effects that impact intelligence as well.

No as there is nothing relating to homosexuality that goes against evolution. Evolution is as much about nurture as it is nature. The positive impact of homosexuals on any given society is immeasurable and this trickles down to every aspect of everyday life from the arts to finance and technological and scientific development. Just because someone is attracted to the same gender and loves people of the same gender doesn't mean they do not have appositive impact on and advance aspects of society in a positive fashion. Anything that advances society as a whole is a benefit and therefore an evolutionary advantage. Sometimes it doesn't have to be about the genes that are passed on. Sometimes it is the ideas and ideals that our societies espouse and pass on to younger generations that make us better as a whole. If we are learning from the good that comes from the past and present, we are improving society as a whole and will continue to pass those ideals down again and again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join