It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to McCain..."I like People that Weren't Captured"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Thanks for your Service...🇺🇸

We cannot be the generation that loses our Republic.

Time to dig in. We need some leadership.

Americans give billions to people who hate us. Our Vets can't get an appointment.

If it takes a loudmouth like Trump to fix things...So be it.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Thanks for your Service...🇺🇸

We cannot be the generation that loses our Republic.

Time to dig in. We need some leadership.

Americans give billions to people who hate us. Our Vets can't get an appointment.

If it takes a loudmouth like Trump to fix things...So be it.

I want it fixed my friend! If I have to suffer or die so that my 15 year old daughter can have a shot at freedom? I'm all in!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'm still laughing at what Trump said...

People should remember that McCain never misses an opportunity to claim fame for being a POW, and then he turns around and betrays his oath to defend and abide by the constitution with his support of all kinds of trash that is unconstitutional. He deserves to be sent back to the North Vietcong Or NK where he frigging belongs. He doesn't belong in America if he can't obey the God damned US constitution. Just like most of the rest of what we seem to have ruling us right now, they sure don't represent us. They believe they are supposed to be ruling it seems.

At least Donald Trump respects our US constitution which is one of the very few things that are supposed to represent everything our leaders do, but if they ignore it like McCain certainly does, then we get what we are getting right now.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: olaru12
What astonishes me is how well Trump is doing in the polls.

I think Mencken's quote is quite appropriate in The Donalds case.

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.

Perhaps America deserves Trump! He certainly fits the bill as a Cultural icon.

We are looking for a leader. Someone who will not lie and deceive us.

Somebody that loves America. Remember "Iran is a tiny Country" ?

That tiny Country just made our leaders look like fools.

We need a Leader...And, I don't give a damn what Party they come from.

Besides, Trump isn't a lawyer--everybody's tired of lawyers running things.

Trump will peter out. He's just the new flavor and something different. The enthusiasm will fade.

I agree with both points however am of the opinion that until we get out of the two party and a gimp party that doesn't matter system, nothing will change. We need a leader; we need someone that can use logic and reason and understands what this Union is supposed to be. There are many out there that would fit the bill very nicely and do tremendous good for our country however, the MIC, the Propaganda media and most importantly the unaware, non-critical thinking general public will prevent anyone of substance to actually even try. Think of those that have tried in the past JFK, Ross Perot, Ron Paul (and a few others), what happened to them? The American public is by-enlarge, ignorant to the reasons behind and actual current affairs of the world. They believe that Iraq was responsible for 9/11 and that Afghanistan has something to do with anything. The people around us everyday (Some on ATS are awake some waking, some will never wake) ARE the problem. Anything short of very drastic disruptive action will not have any effect on the current system of elections and control of this country. Heck, even our vote counting is now outsourced and controlled to prevent some anomaly from sneaking through.

If a small subset of people that are above average in intellect (ATS) cannot have a day without being angry and polarized about issues discussed, how can we expect our countries to do any better? If there was an event (truth disclosure maybe) that would jar the people and let them know that our petty differences are minuscule compared to what we are allowing our elected officials to do, maybe then we could band together and take control of things; till then, good luck.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
At this point Trump is just seeing how dumb people are. He says and does everything that makes him a terrible leader and yet he has supporters. Granted it is only 18% of Republicans who are splitting their votes 15 or 16 ways and he is dead last in national polling against anything the DNC has. Still at this point he has to be laughing his butt off, know he could walk out on stage and say dogs should be banned from the US because they take jobs humans could be doing and his supporters would declare what a great leader he is telling it like it is. Maybe he really is working for the Democrats because nobody can be this stupid.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: whyamIhere

What's his service history?

Hiding under several deferments I suspect. Plus he was too important to ever serve in the military! Silly question!

A person of Mr. Trumps stature is not meant to be an ordinary grunt. He should be a fundraiser and event organizer.

That's what Trump's spokesman would say atleast.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Another thing about Trump is that in the past he was liberal on the issues

I don’t know what he believes now but he wasn’t a conservative at all.

You know there's gray area between Conservative and Liberal, right?

On universal health care he said, “we got to take care of our people”

You disagree with this? The ACA wasn't the way to do it but the statement is 100% correct.

On abortion he was for it

So he's pro-personal freedom? Good.

On Iraq he was harder on Bush than the Democrats like Hillary

How many people are there that don't think Iraq was a monumental screw up?

So it’s strange that Cruz, the tea party and the GOP base like him.

I know its for immigration but

Something weird is going on here, I don’t precisely know what but something is in the mix

People are tired of the transparent pandering nonsense from a group of spineless wieners.

Trump is the first political candidate in a VERY LONG TIME to say what's on his mind and call people out instead of trying to "nice guy" his way into office. I don't agree with everything he says but I am impressed that he has the balls to say it. He doesn't spend every waking moment trying to avoid offending someone or cowering in fear of the press like the rest of our lame politicians. Trump is a guy who is used to people not liking him so he isn't going to waste his time trying to win everyone over. That's the problem with politicians... you never really know what they stand for because they're too busy trying to be agreeable with all sides.

The debates are going to be very very fun to watch with Trump in the mix. He'll force all the other candidates to up their game.
edit on 7/18/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
At this point Trump is just seeing how dumb people are. He says and does everything that makes him a terrible leader and yet he has supporters. Granted it is only 18% of Republicans who are splitting their votes 15 or 16 ways and he is dead last in national polling against anything the DNC has. Still at this point he has to be laughing his butt off, know he could walk out on stage and say dogs should be banned from the US because they take jobs humans could be doing and his supporters would declare what a great leader he is telling it like it is. Maybe he really is working for the Democrats because nobody can be this stupid.

Are they supporting him because they believe in him or because they are using him as a protest against our current corrupt political system?

I would say "DUMB" would be those who continue in the doing the same experiment over and over again expecting things to change for the better?
edit on 18-7-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Are they supporting him because they believe in him or because they are using him as a protest against our current corrupt political system?

I would say "DUMB" would be those who continue in the doing the same experiment over and over again expecting things to change for the better?

That's it, in a nutshell. People are tired of voting to be fed more of the same crap in a slightly different flavor.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: seeker1963

That's it, in a nutshell. People are tired of voting to be fed more of the same crap in a slightly different flavor.

That's very true, but you can damn well bet the Democrats are doing a happy dance watching the GOP tear themselves apart. I don't see Trump uniting the Republicans for anykind of serious campaign. Perhaps Rand Paul could be a uniting force but Trump is stealing all his thunder. What a shame...a good man being thrown under the bus by a media whore.

What does it matter...Jeb has already been selected! Better get used to it.
edit on 18-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i am personally happy to see Trump run, if for no other reason than it might give courage to others [who are equally tired of our PC world ] to run for office.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Fellow POW’s say John McCain Was a Coward and a Traitor in Viet Nam.

polidics.com...

There are numerous articles around to this effect.

I'm not sure what to think.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
How classy of a future president.

I'm sure all the POWs and troops captured in Afghanistan & Iraq or Nam & WWII can't wait to vote for this guy.

Having served that was my first thought too........F*k you Trump......anyone who has served should be offended by this....

Regardless of what you think of McCain , thats a bs pot shot.......Im sure all those Vietnam POWS, Or any one else lost in battle since then , would really really be happy to hear his nonchalant attack......

Weve got Americans being held in Iran and other countries right now for NOTHING, wonder how they would feel about it?

Nice little insight into your foreign policy maybe?

This guy is a mouthpiece, idiot....
edit on 7/18/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wetpaint72
Fellow POW’s say John McCain Was a Coward and a Traitor in Viet Nam.

polidics.com...

There are numerous articles around to this effect.

I'm not sure what to think.

There is a video too!

Apparently McCain did everything within his power to prevent the US government from finding any other POW's!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I agree, anyone with a thimble full of sense wouldnt vote for this guy , if they do they are voting for him for the same reason that people voted for Obama,(hope and change and platitudes and no real policies) and makes them hypocrites.......

No way in hell this idiot gets my vote.........we dont need another narcissistic megalomaniac whose more concerned about money and his image then the country.......

Again.......what are his policies people? Ive asked this over and over and NO ONE ever answers me........

because he has none........

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

We don't agree on much...but that was a perfect assessment of Trump.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I have always been surprised at how much of a war hawk McCain has always been.

It's on now. No work in Congress until 2017. A year and a half of president campaigning and trolling will be the priority.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I agree, anyone with a thimble full of sense wouldnt vote for this guy , if they do they are voting for him for the same reason that people voted for Obama,(hope and change and platitudes and no real policies) and makes them hypocrites.......

No way in hell this idiot gets my vote.........we dont need another narcissistic megalomaniac whose more concerned about money and his image then the country.......

Again.......what are his policies people? Ive asked this over and over and NO ONE ever answers me........

because he has none........

What plans or policies do the other professional politicians have other than their usual "street performer" routine that that shows they care only when and election cycle rears it's ugly head?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This deserves its own thread imho.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
policies are gimmicks to get elected..they never see fruition.
Obama for example had a boatload of policies.
none of which i can remember coming true.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join