It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to McCain..."I like People that Weren't Captured"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

then why didn't the wise one donald trump argue those points originally? instead the brilliant diplomat chose to eloquently make a mockery of a mans time as a pow, don't sugar coat it donald trump made light of mccains experience like it was some big joke. i would love to have seen how long trump would have lasted as a pow, oh wait he dodged the draft and then had some bs determent in order to avoid serving his country.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

then why didn't the wise one donald trump argue those points originally? instead the brilliant diplomat chose to eloquently make a mockery of a mans time as a pow, don't sugar coat it donald trump made light of mccains experience like it was some big joke. i would love to have seen how long trump would have lasted as a pow, oh wait he dodged the draft and then had some bs determent in order to avoid serving his country.

*crickets* anyone? anyone? bueller?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc
So true.

OK McCain was a POW. But he has milked that for 40 years.

JFK was a war hero. His reaction when it was brought up? "They sank my boat."

I served for 16 years and respect ALL military personnel. They all deserve better treatment then what we are getting. The true hero is the one that says "thank you" for the recognition of their service, not the one that use it for personnel gains.

JFK is a better person but McCain has some integrity. I haven't liked his policies of the past few years but McCain didn't take the easy way out, he endured the hardest conditions the enemy could throw at him. When he got into Congress he established a record of working with both sides and making things happen. Do you remember in 2004 when the Republicans tried to kick him out of the party for opposing Bush's wars? He turned that around and was the head of the party in 2008.

It's a shame he has caved to the defense contractors today. But he had a long and distinguished career. McCain's time is over and I hope he retired to a few years of peace but Trumps comments were out of line.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Strongly recommend you find the book, 'Scars and Stripes' and read it. You'll come away with a slightly different picture of McCain's internment.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Which he may of had a better reaction if he went into that.

Instead he said that he doesn't like people who get captured, a huge generalization.

I am no fan of McCain by any means, and don't necessarily believe he is in fact a war hero.

But to go on a national stage and call him and pretty much all POW's out like that seems like a bad move.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

To be honest, what galls me is the fact that he came out and disparaged the Mexican people almost in their entirety and the RNC was almost completely silent. Then he diss'es McCain and all Holy Hell breaks loose.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Ya I agree, their silence on his immigrant comments was telling. Seems they might hold the same views as him, or something close to it.

Also, the RNC has a much stronger voting base with our armed forces, so it was a matter they had to speak out about.
Don't want to alienate your voters.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: Aazadan

Strongly recommend you find the book, 'Scars and Stripes' and read it. You'll come away with a slightly different picture of McCain's internment.

Yes like a traitor. Even the guys he was with knew he sold out. He put out videos for the viet cong supporting them and denouncing Us troops. Made Jane Fonda look like a patriot. Dad being an admiral allowed it to be covered up. Bit make no mistake had his dad not saved him he would have been tried as a traitor.
edit on 7/22/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya I agree, their silence on his immigrant comments was telling. Seems they might hold the same views as him, or something close to it.

Also, the RNC has a much stronger voting base with our armed forces, so it was a matter they had to speak out about.
Don't want to alienate your voters.

Of course they do Republicans haven't made it a secret they want to stop illegals from crossing into the US. That's why there party has a hard time getting the Hispanic vote. In fact who do you think pushed through having walls built on the border.

Trump is taking it a step further even instead of only covering parts of the border. He said he would build a wall across the entire border.
Now, Donald Trump is proposing to go even further, vowing to build a massive, impenetrable wall along the U.S.-Mexico frontier to keep out illegal Mexican migrants.

“Building a wall is easy, and it can be done inexpensively,” the Republican presidential candidate said in an interview. “It’s not even a difficult project if you know what you’re doing.’’
edit on 7/22/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Yes like a traitor. Even the guys he was with knew he sold out. He put out videos for the viet cong supporting them and denouncing Us troops. Made Jane Fonda look like a patriot. Dad being an admiral allowed it to be covered up. Bit make no mistake had his dad not saved him he would have been tried as a traitor.

So he broke under torture. So what? Everyone breaks under torture eventually, that's the whole point of it. That's not a strike against him.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: dragonridr

So he broke under torture. So what? Everyone breaks under torture eventually, that's the whole point of it. That's not a strike against him.

Strongly suggest you look into the statement of fellow prisoners before saying something like that. There was a reason he stayed when given the option to leave. He thought he would end up in prison

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

lol yeah i'm sure he would have rather stayed at the hanoi hilton then a us prison. people can keep twisting things around to make trump sound like he's right it doesn't stop the fact the man is disrespectful, crude, crass and irrational and thats the type of man some people think would be a good fit for the leader of our country, geez put a big mac in that mans hands and he would make a perfect caricature of the way the rest of the world views americans. if you think thats a positive image for the u.s. to portray you are part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

lol yeah i'm sure he would have rather stayed at the hanoi hilton then a us prison. people can keep twisting things around to make trump sound like he's right it doesn't stop the fact the man is disrespectful, crude, crass and irrational and thats the type of man some people think would be a good fit for the leader of our country, geez put a big mac in that mans hands and he would make a perfect caricature of the way the rest of the world views americans. if you think thats a positive image for the u.s. to portray you are part of the problem.

He wasn't at the the Hilton with the rest at the end. suggest you look into his captivity.interestingly it a pears the Prince went on to Russia working with kgb interrogators. But doesn't matter really I think trump is dangerous. Just haven't decided if that's good or bad yet. He's not a politician and as we all see not afraid to say anything. That will speak to a lot of people who are tired of politicians. But also when dealing with countries like Russia how you say something is important along with self conteol.

Hard to say if trump could handle politics especially with his ego. But you have to admit he's making everyone nervous.
edit on 7/24/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join