It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to McCain..."I like People that Weren't Captured"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Trump will win the debate if the Reps do not get tough talk.Trump took back some of His words.He is saying McCain is a war hero because He was captured.Actualy is true.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Trump knows Cain was captured right!?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Trump does not like the PC nonsense going on with the media,the media literaly is the politicians now.The media on all sides is not being honest when they show fast clips and skip politicains comments and spew them way way out of context.
If Trump can survive and whoop butt in the first debate He has a chance to win.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
How classy of a future president.

I'm sure all the POWs and troops captured in Afghanistan & Iraq or Nam & WWII can't wait to vote for this guy.

To be fair....McCain has taken it on himself to attack Donald.

It may not been the way I would of done it.

But, John McCain is a part of the problem. 40 years in the Senate ?

What has he done ?
If Mr. Trump were truly fit to be a world leader he would know how to address his issues with Senator McCain. He could have thought to say something like,"Senator McCain is indeed a war hero. He stared death in the face and endured unimaginable torture, and in the end he persevered and victoriously returned home a hero. He did this as an American with American values, and he has my up-most respect. Regrettably, I must express my strong opposition to his stance on said issue because they..."

... Or maybe he could have said something much better than that. Lol, I'm not running for office. Still, you see the point.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

Kind of reminds me of the movie with Jamie fox where he runs for president to become the first black man to be prrsident. He said the craziest things but he was real. Favorite scene is the debate it was hillaruous.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Face it folks---the circus has arrived!
The bread will arrive shortly I'm sure.

Just as soon as we figure out how to make it gluten-free, organic, and completely inoffensive.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I think people should overlook Donald Trump's revictimization of Sinner John McCain. They should ignore his previous random changes of political course. They should ignore the orange monument to cognitive dissonance mounted on his head.

Americans should, instead, rise to the challenge and elect the first real estate developer in history to be President of the United States.

Trump for President! A Oner's Oner!!

"The Donald" should consult with Ivana (mother of Ivanka, pre-Melania, noted wit.). She might point out to him that McCain didn't bolt from his foxhole, throw away his M16, and run into the arms of the enemy shouting "Don't shoot! Don't shoot! Take me into custody, please." He was shot down over enemy territory by a Soviet missile and brutally tortured in a POW camp. He was given a chance of early release because of his connections and refused to take the easy way out. Ivana might tell "The Donald" that he should like that kind of person. Just a suggestion.
edit on 20-7-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

a reply to: whyamIhere

I don't like McCain...

But like I said...
Future president, many hundreds maybe thousands who were captured...

Trump is a sycophant.

A gutless one at that.

What's his service history?

McCain was saying some brutal things about Trump.

Trump is guilty of bad manners. I'll give you that.

McCain is guilty of spending 40 years amassing a fortune all on our dime.

You know, it's time for some bad manners in DC.

So true.

OK McCain was a POW. But he has milked that for 40 years.

JFK was a war hero. His reaction when it was brought up? "They sank my boat."

I served for 16 years and respect ALL military personnel. They all deserve better treatment then what we are getting. The true hero is the one that says "thank you" for the recognition of their service, not the one that use it for personnel gains.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I like Trump and have no good feelings for McCain, but this was the nail in Trump's coffin. The immigration comment was ok, it is partly true and immigration is a big problem, but this statement shows Trump isn't a serious contender. It's too bad, because the Donald was flying high for a few weeks and creating good conversation.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Another thing about Trump is that in the past he was liberal on the issues

On universal health care he said, “we got to take care of our people”

--We do have to take care of them. Obamacare is not the answer and neither is "universal" care.
Maybe universal primary care clinics and then insurance for the long term stuff?

On free trade he was actually better than Obama and the butt kissing GOP
-- EVERYBODY is better the Obama on this.

On abortion he was for it
-- This should never even be talked about in a Federal election. Personally I think this is a states right issue, but...

So it’s strange that Cruz, the tea party and the GOP base like him.
-- Not so much. He says things that most the GOP base agree with. I bet Cruz wishes he could say those things, but money drive an election.

I know its for immigration but

Something weird is going on here, I don’t precisely know what but something is in the mix

--- You maybe right here. Maybe it is a straight talking, no hold barred person that is turning over the applecart and the normal controls aren't working.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond
a reply to: whyamIhere

But here's the problem. Trump is TRYING to piss people off. He can't stay in long enough for it to come out that he's not really a billionaire, and he can't drop out because he refuses to show his finances, so he has to trade electability for notoriety as quickly as possible so that he can make a defiant speech about how sensitive people are tying his hands and he has come to realize that being elected would actually reduce his wealth power and fame.

The problem is he DID file his financial disclosure form. It should be online in a couple days.
Even if he is not worth the $10 Billion he says, even Forbes say he has AT LEAST $4 Billion free and clear.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Trump to politics = Kardashians to entertainment: They should both come with a free D.I.Y. lobotomy kit.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
If McCain is a war hero then so is Jessica Lynch. Does anyone want her making decisions for their state?

40 years is long enough to capitalize* off being a POW.

*Notice I didn't say be treated for, remembered for, respected for, or honored for, or even be payed for.

John McCain has made a career out of being shot down the way WWII aces made careers out of actually flying.

That coupled with the fact that he is a RINO and claims all this "veteran #^$%" then slides a knife in our back every chance he gets.

He needs to retire like the rest of the lifers.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Exactly, what a president he will make, you can not got after one individual making smart remarks without offending a large portion of the rest of the population that have served this country proudly even if you were not a POW but just serving in the military alone.

Trump may be a savvy scammer when it comes to money but in public opinion he is as dumb regarding politics as it can come, a perfect sign that a politician he is not and never will be.

Even Reagan that was an actor was more careful in his speeches and gained understanding of politics during his term as governor.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnFisher

How classy of a future president.

I'm sure all the POWs and troops captured in Afghanistan & Iraq or Nam & WWII can't wait to vote for this guy.

To be fair....McCain has taken it on himself to attack Donald.

It may not been the way I would of done it.

But, John McCain is a part of the problem. 40 years in the Senate ?

What has he done ?
If Mr. Trump were truly fit to be a world leader he would know how to address his issues with Senator McCain. He could have thought to say something like,"Senator McCain is indeed a war hero. He stared death in the face and endured unimaginable torture, and in the end he persevered and victoriously returned home a hero. He did this as an American with American values, and he has my up-most respect. Regrettably, I must express my strong opposition to his stance on said issue because they..."

... Or maybe he could have said something much better than that. Lol, I'm not running for office. Still, you see the point.

It called blowing smoke up ....

That why I like him. No PC BS

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

when a person acts like him in real life he gets punched in the nose real quick! when a person like him acts that way in the presidency...ww3.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

And yet the guy who Trump sued for slander over a book claiming that Trump had fallen far outside the billionaire club and was clinging to his last couple hundred million managed to win the case.

Edit to add: Trump claims that his name alone with worth hundreds of millions... that might be all he actually owns free and clear at this point.
edit on Mon 20 Jul 2015 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Yeah Trump isn't ACTUALLY wanting to be president, he is doing his big brand and PR launch he gets to do every 4 years.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I know many American vets, both old and young.

Most do not take offense to Trump's comments...and most of them did NOT vote for McCain in 2008. I think you're pretending that vets like McCain way more than they do.

It's okay to have the utmost respect for someone for what they went through as a POW, but that doesn't automatically make them a hero. Like I've said before to people: Heroism is both relative and subjective.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I know many American vets, both old and young.

Most do not take offense to Trump's comments...and most of them did NOT vote for McCain in 2008. I think you're pretending that vets like McCain way more than they do.

It's okay to have the utmost respect for someone for what they went through as a POW, but that doesn't automatically make them a hero. Like I've said before to people: Heroism is both relative and subjective.

Yes actually veterans don't like McCain he's screwed then over so many times its not funny. Blocked finding for the va cut voted to cut benefits for military all the while claiming to support the military.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

forum.isthmus.com...

And being a veteran myself I got this one in my email. Veterans know he was actually a traitor and not a war hero. He helped actually plan attacks against us forces and made videos against us Policies. Not something a service member should do even if his dad was politician.

www.veteranstoday.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join