It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

narcissistic delight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I was doing what any good narcissistic person would do, catching up on some research into biofeedback with a neuroscientist, when stumbled onto a snippet speaking about the cingulate gyrus's role in cognitive flexibility on one end, and OCD/ODD on the other. so that interested me, and then found this supposed test of cognitive flexibility. it was surprisingly difficult (for me)

thought to share it here. no need to share results

Mental Flexibility Test

I found my results interesting in relation to challenges in my life and how well I seem to have performed in tackling them vs my peers. what i can say with certainty is that particular fancies *cough cough* really seem to drop my CogFlex significantly.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH.

I think some of these may be specific to America.

I have at least half but some are just baffling!

I got 21 before giving up.
edit on 18/7/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

There's definitely a cultural bias, I was wondering how far this could effect results while taking it.

Then I thought how dominant our culture is, and how wide flung much of it's influences reach.

That made me wonder how a test designed by a less dominant culture would effect results of someone taking from a differing spot on the globe, in comparison to you wit dis.

i'm off to stare through a white wall for 10 minutes. might as well make good use of this insomnia.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I always knew I wasn't a genius but darn that is not easy..

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Narccissists have zero tolerance.

Except for themselves.

How you can help them plays a big factor.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Well, that was fun!

I got 17 right and there's a typo on #17 (should be "1 =" Not "I =")

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Those are more general knowledge than cognitive flexibility tests, though I got most correct.

As said, things like quarts certainly are a US slant.

I prefer angel or turkish delight.

Angel delight

Turkish Delight

Narcissist Delight

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Relax, the title was catchy for a reason. Someone (was that you, abs?) recently posted in a thread about how everything is now framed as being narcissistic. That stuck, and got spat out for use in the thread title is all.

BH, yea 17 tripped me out, I was trying to come up with something for infinite, briefly considered one, but figured it would have been outed by now and fixed; guess not

abs, definitely takes some general knowledge, but you may be taking for granted a knack you have for things like this. you'd be surprised what a not-so-bright individual lacks in various cognitive skills.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Um...yea. All I see is a bunch of random letters and numbers made to look like math problems. My high school education only goes so far and it certainly doesn't go anywhere near that. Haha. Bunch of friggin geniuses up in here...

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It was a joke.

It wasn't me that did a thread about everything being narcissistic recently though I do mention it sometimes.

I study education, psychology, learning etc so I know about cognitive flexibility and I said it is more about general knowledge as it is required for answering the questions so it is more about that than cognitive flexibility, if the answers were more well known then it would be more relevant.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
I was trying to come up with something for infinite,

That's exactly what I did... (How many Wings on a Unicorn again? LOL!)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
well this narc jerk knows no end, so signed up for this place, says affiliated with ucla, so it's gotta be... somethin *shrugs*

CogFlixUCLAish

I waste some time now

nvm says nothing active, tech difficulties. can't an insomniac get some freaking relief? i'll check elsewhere

edit on 18-7-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Nice .... started it just had to go now i ve got migraine.. i have accideny deleted the song u posted in u2u please can i have it again.. yeah the one you forwarded

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

ah thakns i was wondering.. lol test with typos .. no biggy just confused me

new topics

top topics

join