It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing 411 - The Movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Not sure where else to post this. However, ‎David Paulides is putting an epic documentary out based around his series of books known as Missing 411 based around unsolved disappearances of 1000s of visitors in our National Parks and Forests.

[snip]

Looks very interesting. The books themselves were terrifying and mind-boggling enough.....
edit on 18-7-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/7/15 by masqua because: Removed link to Kickstarter

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It's probably a subject for the Paranormal Studies forum. Highly unlikely that a cryptid(s)is responsible for the bizarre vanishings. In some cases, even the weather abruptly changes right after the disappearance. Weird!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Yeah, these cases are extremely scary in nature. Nobody really has any clear cut answers regarding the crazier ones where a 2 year old child is found in places in which he/she couldn't get to alone miles from where they were last seen and sometimes high up on mountains. A lot of them found alive without a scratch and others dead. Weirdest part is how some of them have been stripped naked and their clothes are folded up neatly and laying next to them. Same with missing adults....
edit on 18-7-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

If all that you mentioned isn't strange enough, there's the 'picking huckleberries' thing...

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

And the Missing cases in British Columbia where shoes are found with feet inside of them like they were cut off at the ankle mid stride.......

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Here's an interview with David where he discusses "something controlling the weather", and the berry-picking issue.
This is truly beyond bizarre.
It begins around the 15:50 mark.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Yeah, I've listened to that before. Other common items are brier patches are always close by and some kind of running water. Also, in a lot of the child cases, they are almost never more than 5-10 yards away from their parents.

Eerie indeed

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
NICE. I'm very excited to see this. Paulides is doing excellent work. I'm tempted to contribute something myself because I will definitely be watching this.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I love how David got Les Stroud and George Knapp as two of the bigger mouth pieces for the interviews and discussions.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Nice post BD..S&F,That shi* is spooky man.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Awesome that Les Stroud is supporting this! I´ll donate some cash for this soon. It´s well worth it.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I truly believe that is the work of a human, and not out of the scope of an experienced outdoorsman.

All you need to do is set up a trap in a well travelled spot, he clearly cuts their method of escape, and voila..rather gruesome but that's my theory

(post by hesse removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Mod note: Please take note of this ATS policy:

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

do not reply to this post

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

I truly believe that is the work of a human, and not out of the scope of an experienced outdoorsman.

All you need to do is set up a trap in a well travelled spot, he clearly cuts their method of escape, and voila..rather gruesome but that's my theory

Human or animal predators have been ruled out. These are cases where people vanish in the blink of an eye, often within a few feet of their companions. There are no tracks and no signs of a struggle. The search dogs often won't track the person, because they're spooked, or there's no scent.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Great, I'm taking my 12 and 9 year old camping near Yosemite next week. My wife just overhead me listening to the coast to coast Paulides interview and is totally paranoid now.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

Haha! After my first encounter with Missing 411.... Seems forever ago, I told my husband that we won't be camping, our girls won't be allowed to go as they grow up. I will put them in a bubble. I kid, mostly! It does make me nervous, but not enough to actually follow through with a "no camping" rule.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Ya, I think David Paulides said that the Yosemite cluster of missing people under weird circumstances is around 40-45. With the thousands that go every year, statistically I think we should be fine.......

(post by FlySolo removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join