It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Webb wants U.S. military to be able to carry weapons aboard installations

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Would have to get more specific than i will on an open forum. There are certain people and watches that are well trained but for just the pistol quall... Its 5,7 10 yards on a silhouette, dont remember the grading criteria. Which is what average sailor gets.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

I just realized one thing, you are a Marine? I always thought you were Navy, I guess from the Avatar name.

Horrah!!!!!!

Yes that is the same thing my husband feels too, he can carry in several states, he can open carry also, works in our local military base in the intelligence field and have to pass yearly security backgrounds that can span over 10 years, but is not trustworthy to carry his weapon in the base.

Like I say the irony.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I agree with him. He seems to have his own mind (it's eroding but still there in some capacity), not a party mind

Military should be armed. On base even. If we can't trust them to carry, who can we trust really? Anyhow, The two incidents at Ft Hood kind of drove that point home, then two at the other naval yard, then this.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I just realized one thing, you are a Marine? I always thought you were Navy, I guess from the Avatar name.

Horrah!!!!!!

Yes that is the same thing my husband feels too, he can carry in several states, he can open carry also, works in our local military base in the intelligence field and have to pass yearly security backgrounds that can span over 10 years, but is not trustworthy to carry his weapon in the base.

Like I say the irony.

I've been a lot.

Quick bio: USMC enlisted 0311
the US Naval Academy
then USN NFO
Then back to school to become a Navy MD
Deployed with Army and USMC.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Nice military career there, you most be in you late 40s now. Retired? Still active or about too.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
For people wondering why everybody on base can not carry weapons it is simply a case of to many drunken shootings and higher suicide rates. And as for off base like arming recruiters you start to get into problems with active duty military shooting American Citizens. Even in cases of riots and such if active duty forces are sent in and no federal emergency has been declared they do not carry loaded weapons even in self defense.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Nice military career there, you most be in you late 40s now. Retired? Still active or about too.

Recently retired. I'm old.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Suicides are already bad enough on post where I live. We have at least 1-2 a year. There's also a lot of domestic violence that happens in base housing that isn't reported in the civilian news (what happens on base is dealt with on base). I know a lot of folks who live on post so I hear about the stuff that doesn't make the local evening news.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The one i thought funny was a FBI agent that is a navy reservist and can carry a firearm on any military base in the US.

Except when he is on base for his reserve training. Then he must lock his weapon in his car and this is by special permission of the base CO because he is on call by the FBI.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join