It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HuffPo is forcing me to consider supporting Donald Trump!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Thank you for the clarification and halfway decent answer.

Your analogy is someone correct, but you're saying there is simply no hope whatsoever that we're going to crash either way. The same with you car analogy. I get it, I do, but I don't buy it. I don't buy that crap for one minute, and I'm a pessimist.

I didn't say your approach *was*, but I asked if you approach *is* (which you just said it was) "essentially throwing a wrench into the working-broken system and breaking the broken system." And that's 100% true. You said "Either it's a working system or a broken system." My point in it's a working-broken system is what i said in my other post: it works for those for whom it's intended (lobbyists/PACS/Corps/etc) but broken for us regular people. THAT'S why it's a working-broken system: a broken system that for works for them but is broken for us.

I agree we need to throw wrenches in that system, because it blows. And as you said later, both parties are essentially the same, in the long run, yet there are very clear and important distinctions between them, mostly social/domestic (because foreign policy is about the same).

That said, I'm all for a third party candidate, and usually vote third party (unless I am so disgusted by a candidate that I vote for their alter ego), but IMO Trump would be a disaster on the foreign policy plane. I dread what would happen to our international relations if that ahole was elected. He would isolate us so much on the international stage that it would both weaken and embarrass us considerably for a long time.

We had one John Wayne, we certainly don't need a John Wayne on both steroids and meth.

edit on 18-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
In politics I’m an issues person.

What stops me from supporting Trump is not his immigration comments but the comment that we should take the Iraqi oil.

He may not be serious I don’t know but Trump, beyond the immigration comments, has spoken very little about his policies.

Regarding the OP I agree that Huffington post is full of crap not reporting on Trump as a serious candidate.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Hey, it's been a pleasure to dialog with you. You've been thoughtful and intelligent.

Sorry if I've seemed obtuse or cantankerous at times. It was a bit by design, wanting to draw folks out, stimulate some conversation. And a bit from just being obtuse and cantankerous.

I guess we've about talked this thread out. I don't often engage conversations here with this intensity. I don't usually have the time, and if I do want to discuss like this, I find a flesh and blood person with whom to do it.

It's good to dialog, to hash out ideas with folks who don't see the way things one does. Helps to open our minds, stretch our thoughts, expand our ideas. Thanks for participating.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

At least with Trump he dug himself out of a hole.

Yes because defaulting on loans and handing control of your company to a bank that owns more of it than he does it a great way to dig yourself out of a hole.

Unlike our current government, and Trumps critics that keeps digging that monetary hole deeper.

The deficit is dropping like a rock and our government didn't have to hand control over to someone else like deadbeat Donnie.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

originally posted by: buster2010

And Geo. W. Bush and Dick Cheney weren't scam artists? Barack Hussein Obama is not a scam artist? Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton are not scam artists?

Can you name the bait and switch scams they ran on people?

"We must find and destroy the weapons of mass destruction"

"If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance."

"We're going to lower the cost of insurance for most families"

"The attack on the Benghazi compound was caused by a video"

Those are a few that come to mind off the top of my head!

How much did they profit from these scams? You do understand a person runs as scam to increase their wealth right? All you posted was lies not scams.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
And you really and truly believe that? Seriously?
Nobody made any money on the Gulf wars?
Nobody is making any money on health insurance?
Nobody made any money on the arms deals at Benghazi? (Well, obviously they didn't make as much as they hoped when the stash was stolen in the attack but that scam had been running for quite a while.)
I honestly don't believe that you are that naive but okay....just call it lies.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Dude, that post wasn't even worth replying to.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Huff Puff has always pushed an agenda. I never visit anymore. Arianna and her blurring pictures of her vain self can eat it.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks putting trump's ego in control of NDAA, & government spying is an idiot. That's the last type of personality that needs that type of power. Trump would turn on anyone who dissents against him.

With today's extremely tense social climate, is trump's brand of not giving a f*** REALLY what we need? Trump plays into it. He'd be horrible. Please don't forget, saying what you want isn't the same as saying the truth, Trump's lie ratio is as high as the other "real politicians" he's up against.

And what is he going to do in foreign relations? call foreign leaders dummy? ISIS would use Donald's ego against him.

Both parties aren't annoyed with him cause he's a beacon of light, they are annoyed with him because our social climate is already strained and he's using his name recognition to stir #. It's called common sense.

edit on 07am08am312015-07-19T08:40:26-05:0008America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Liquesence

Ive tried arguing who trump really is on multiple threads........

it falls on deaf ears....

They praise him while bashing Clinton, and conveniently ignore that hes donated hundreds of thousands to the Clinton foundation.....

Donated to progressives like Harry Reid

Has openly said he loves lobbyist.......

If these sort of things dont make people stop and wake up to who this guy is, then Im afraid this country has fallen hopelessly lost into the abyss of STUPID.......

We have become the movie Idiocracy

Exactly all people see is a politician saying what he wants, no f's given toward what he's really about.

We have entered the age of the id, everyone want's instant gratification. You could be a complete moron, as long as you do it with balls and do it now!.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Here's something to consider....

When the Republicans have self destructed because of differences within the party, can't mount a viable campaign and Hillary gets elected;

Who's to blame?

The democrats are watching this BS unfold with glee.

The GOP has an outside chance to unite and they better get started. Trump isn't helping the cause one bit with this self aggrandizing phony theater of the absurd.

Sure Trump is attracting the conservatives prone to macho, swaggering, bluster but turning off the middle of the road republicans and the GOP is toast with out the party faithful.

Like it or not we have a two party system and that's not going to change. If the GOP can't get it's **** together, it's going to be a one party system. Is that what you want?

This is the main problem I'm having. How on earth did the GOP become so devoid of serious leaders that trumps now in front?

Even as a liberal I want the Right to be strong. I don't agree with Democrats who like seeing the GOP floundering because it helps get votes, I want the GOP to rediscover it's intellectual side. I'm tired of these clowns and buffoons running the party. If this is the best the right has to offer we are in trouble.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Having looked at this all along here is my take:

I do not think Trump is good for the GOP. He is running as a dark horse and one that is making a lot of waves that ultimately is making the rest of the GOP candidates look too good. His rhetoric and speeches, while may have some truth, ultimately is insulting to large numbers of people. And the numbers of people that he is insulting is growing, ticking them off to the point where if he does win the nomination, it will ultimately mean that the other guy gets to walk right into the white house, due to numbers. And here is why:

Most of the GOP has insulted the LGBT community, that is at least 10% of the vote. While that is a small number, in this up coming presidential election, every vote will count. And the republicans are not worried about it, as the evangelical vote is still strong. However, here is where Trump is doing damage: the Hispanic community and that would include Latino's are around 17%. Add in another 2% for the veterans and now you see the numbers starting to add up. Those 3 groups alone make up: 29% of the population. Now double that percentage and you have upwards to over 50% of the vote. If all three groups were to vote against Trump or the Republicans, then there is a good chance that the Democrats would win, and take not only the White House, but also the congress.

Trump needs a speech writer and ultimately to tone done his rhetoric. There are other ways of saying what he has, without being insulting to the voting public.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
What's more amazing then Trump, is that people still back Hillary. After all the scandals, abuses, and deaths around the Clinton's through the years. People not only thinks she can be trusted. Are lining up to support her and give her money.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
What's more amazing then Trump, is that people still back Hillary. ...

As I have made clear, what's even more amazing to me is that people continue to support the system at all.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This is beyond ignoring him like they do with Bernie.

Wait....

who is ignoring Bernie?
Not CNN, or Time, or The Washington Post, or The Atlantic, or the NY Times, or Mother Jones, or Alternet, or fivethirtyeight, or The Boston Globe, or the National Review, or MSNBC, or NPR, or the BBC, or the Independent, or The Guardian, or mic (whoever that is), or Twitter, or Reddit, or The Telegraph, or ABC, or ..................*gasps for air*..... or PBS, or CBS, or The New Yorker, or.............

you know what?
Never mind.

edit on 7/19/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

One really shouldn’t support an unreliable, angry, and unstable candidate just because a member of the msm has shown there elitism tendencies.

I know you don’t really mean this

I hope

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
I had pretty much dismissed Trump since he first announced. However, this brouhaha with Huffington Post banning news about his campaign from their politics section has me thinking differently.

What they said was that they'd report his campaign...but only in the Entertainment section. Subtle but important difference. By all means, vote for Trump is you can...some folks voted for Rob Ford, too.

edit on 19-7-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

the Hispanic community and that would include Latino's are around 17%.

Erm, yes - the "Hispanic community" ALREADY includes "Latinos". They are the same people......

O_o
And they are nearly to a one, Catholics (Christians)...a few I have known have been JWs. Many are 'irreligious' (having no religion). Their kids often go to Catholic school!!.

They also already vote Democrat.
Isn't that weird?

Trump hasn't got a whisper of a chance with them. Never did, actually.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Nor only are third parties just a dream. A two-party system is a long-lost dream, as well. It's gone, bubba. Dead. Gone. Finished. Over.

And if the GOP gets a warm body in office next term, you can bet that he/she/it will be Bush 3.0, just as Obama has been Bush 2.0.

Bye-bye.

Vote for Bernie!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

When the Republicans have self destructed because of differences within the party, can't mount a viable campaign and Hillary gets elected;

Who's to blame?

Well, that would be the Republican voting block (to blame). (Who are self-destructing before our very eyes!)

Bernie has a great chance.......And, Hillary won't get elected. (She might not even get the nomination!)
Bernie is running as a Democrat -

I hope people will wake up.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join