It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HuffPo is forcing me to consider supporting Donald Trump!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: incoserv

If it's because you feel he's "on to something" that the media and the establishment are don't want exposed or are afraid of, just say it.

Le sigh. This is tedious.

I feel like I'm talking to a politician.

LOL.

Both. He has my interest because the MSM is so averse to him, and that tells me that he's on to something, even if it's only so much as saying things that they don't want said.

(And they don't want them said because they are things that make the average guy on the street stop and think beyond the B.S. line of Ministry of Truth propaganda that we are normally fed by the media machine.)

But mostly, it's just about throwing a wrench in the system as it stands.

I don't understand what you're getting at. Well, actually I do, but it doesn't add up to me.

You said that my approach " is essentially throwing a wrench into the working-broken system and breaking the broken system."

Either it's a working system or a broken system. I don't see how it can be a "working-broken system." Doesn't make any sense. It's apparent that you meant that the system has been broken by monied interests and is broken in regards to how it's supposed to work, but working according to the design of the interests who control the purse strings.

That, for me, is a broken system, period. It's not a working-broken system. It is a corrupt system that has been hijacked. Why would I participate in it? It serves the agenda and needs of those who have paid for it. It does not serve my needs, and it does not serve your needs (unless you are one of those who have paid for it).

Broken is broken.

Here's an analogy. Flight UA93 was, as we are told, forced to crash in Pennsylvania because the passengers on board took action. The plane was destined - by those who had taken control over it - to be used as a weapon of mass destruction. It was essentially a "working-broken system" by your definition, insofar as it was still a flying plane, but it was not doing (or going to do) what it was originally designed to do.

The passengers, as the narrative tells us, decided that the "working-broken system" was actually completely broken, and it was better to just throw a wrench into the works of it than to let it continue on to its broken end.

It had been hijacked, taken over, by people who had an interest in using it to do something nefarious that it was not intended to do.

That is where our political system is. It is UA93. We are the passengers.

What do we do? As long as we have any political clout within the system, I say we throw all the wrenches we can.

-

edit on 2015 7 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Ive tried arguing who trump really is on multiple threads........

it falls on deaf ears....

They praise him while bashing Clinton, and conveniently ignore that hes donated hundreds of thousands to the Clinton foundation.....

Donated to progressives like Harry Reid

Has openly said he loves lobbyist.......

If these sort of things dont make people stop and wake up to who this guy is, then Im afraid this country has fallen hopelessly lost into the abyss of STUPID.......

We have become the movie Idiocracy

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

But he says what people think when no one else will.

I don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell, but I do think he serves a purpose. The fact that no one even wants him to speak so badly that they are actively censoring him should tell you something.

This is beyond ignoring him like they do with Bernie.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Ive tried arguing who trump really is on multiple threads........

it falls on deaf ears....

They praise him while bashing Clinton, and conveniently ignore that hes donated hundreds of thousands to the Clinton foundation.....

Oh, I'm not praising Trump by any means. He's a greaseball. He's no better than the rest, he just a little bit (a very little bit) different. I don't trust him. I don't like him. I don't think that he'd do anything good for the likes of us.

To quote Kautilya in the Arthashastra, The Enemy of My Enemy Is My Friend.

Even if he is my enemy.

So, no,I'm not praising Trump. I don't like Trump. I don't think that he is, morally or ethically, any better than any of the others. But If I have to choose between eating a turd or eating a toad, I'd probably pick the toad.

Unless it's a poisonous toad. Then I might have to pick the turd.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

We have become the movie Idiocracy

And,yes, Idiocracy was a documentary, not fiction.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Here's something to consider....

When the Republicans have self destructed because of differences within the party, can't mount a viable campaign and Hillary gets elected;

Who's to blame?

The democrats are watching this BS unfold with glee.

The GOP has an outside chance to unite and they better get started. Trump isn't helping the cause one bit with this self aggrandizing phony theater of the absurd.

Sure Trump is attracting the conservatives prone to macho, swaggering, bluster but turning off the middle of the road republicans and the GOP is toast with out the party faithful.

Like it or not we have a two party system and that's not going to change. If the GOP can't get it's **** together, it's going to be a one party system. Is that what you want?
edit on 18-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

When the Republicans have self destructed because of differences within the party, can't mount a viable campaign and Hillary gets elected;

Who's to blame?

The democrats are watching this BS unfold with glee.

The GOP has an outside chance to unite and they better get started. Trump isn't helping the cause one bit.

The "cause?" What "cause"?

Seriously, please define for me what you mean by "the cause," because I can't find any cause outside of doing the bidding of those who fill the purses and line the pockets.

You actually think that there is a "cause" within the GOP? Please, please, please tell me what this "cause" is and give me some hope!!!!!!

All I see it:

Red car ... Blue car ... Concrete wall.

(Really, I'm not trying to be a smart alec. I really, really want to know what cause you see as being at the heart of the Republican Party.)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

... The fact that no one even wants him to speak so badly that they are actively censoring him should tell you something.

Thank you. This is my point. Exactly. A star for you, sagacious sir (or madam, as the case may be).

As I have said, the things he dares say make the average guy on the street (if said guy actually happens to be listening and actually have a cluster of active brain cells) think critically about the official narrative.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

If you want this country to be run like a corporation, then by all means, Donald Trump is your man!

This is a most important point.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

In the end it is the Fourth Estate that is revealed as the controlled prostitute. Those that pay them tell them to crown Hillary and enthrone her as Isis on the Potomac. So the Press in general give her soft ball questions, and she is never held to the kind of accountability demanded of a politician who refuses to be bought.

HuffPo's actions on censoring Trump (for exercising his free speech rights) and the short shrift given to Bernie Sanders will not harm either candidate this go round. I think the controlled Press is going to be the big loser as it will no longer be able to deliver for their Masters.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

(Really, I'm not trying to be a smart alec. I really, really want to know what cause you see as being at the heart of the Republican Party.)

To be honest, I don't know what the GOP stands for anymore except...no obama! That's hardly a platform to win in 16.

But I don't want the democrats to take over completely. There needs to be a balance. Third parties are just a dream.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Like it or not we have a two party system and that's not going to change. If the GOP can't get it's **** together, it's going to be a one party system. Is that what you want?

Here's one critical point where I disagree.

I believe that we do NOT have a two-party system.

We have the illusion of a two-party system. We are allowed this illusion because it is convenient - for the present time - to those who hold the purse strings to allow the voting public to believe that they actually have a choice.

The voting public does not!

To participate in the sham of a two-party system is to perpetuate the illusion, to play a part in its continued deception. It is - to use an analogy presented recently by a participant in this discussion - to put fuel in the tanks of the red and blue cars.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

To be honest, I don't know what the GOP stands for anymore except...no obama!

But I don't want the democrats to take over completely. There needs to be a balance. Third parties are just a dream.

May I enlighten you?

The GOP stands for the same thing as the Democrats.

Nor only are third parties just a dream. A two-party system is a long-lost dream, as well. It's gone, bubba. Dead. Gone. Finished. Over.

And if the GOP gets a warm body in office next term, you can bet that he/she/it will be Bush 3.0, just as Obama has been Bush 2.0.

Bye-bye.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

The whole damn thing is an illusion. We have no choice who "wins" office of President !

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RobinB022

The whole damn thing is an illusion. We have no choice who "wins" office of President !

Ah, another one who gets it.

What, then, is the point of playing along? Why not just bugger the whole game up as much as we can for as long as we can?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

So did Obama for the left.........careful the traps you walk into...

Again hes Donated heavily to the clinton foundation and has admitted to loving lobbyist and has donated to freaking Harry Reid......

Why do you guys keep glossing over stuff like this?

Do you NEED someone so bad thats not a politicians that you would promote someone WORSE just for the sake of keeping with the "hes not a politician and says nice things" line of thinking?

People are letting emotions over ride their common sense and critical thinking

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

ok, I concede....

The MIC and it's accompanying Corporatacracy has established the Oligarchy and we're...******!

Perhaps a nice villa on a Greek island is affordable now that they have tanked. Glad I don't have any kids. I've enjoyed the capitalist system and prospered. Sorry others won't have the opportunities that I enjoyed years ago.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

... The fact that no one even wants him to speak so badly that they are actively censoring him should tell you something.

Thank you. This is my point. Exactly. A star for you, sagacious sir (or madam, as the case may be).

As I have said, the things he dares say make the average guy on the street (if said guy actually happens to be listening and actually have a cluster of active brain cells) think critically about the official narrative.

but they arent thinking critically.........

They are swallowing everything he says , and not looking at his very real history and the truth behind who he is....

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

So did Obama for the left.........careful the traps you walk into...

The difference here, ketsuko, is that Obama was never censored by the media. He was the darling of the media. Hell, first time I ever heard about him on a MSM report, I thought, "He could be interesting..." Didn't take long to blow past that, but they were sucking up to him and kissing his butt like he was the hottest thing since JFK.

Ol' Donald, not so much.

Again, it's not Trump that's getting my attention (he as big a scumbag as the rest of them), but the way that the media is treating him. It intrigues me.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sorry others won't have the opportunities that I enjoyed years ago.

Years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join