It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Queen NAZI Salute Film released

page: 5
22
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Mate, what you are saying is not correct.

Okay, granted.. The queen could not have known at that age, but for me its not just about the queen. You also have the queen mother and the future heir to the throne doing a Nazi salute. These people, especially the queen mother would have had massive influence, not only over her children but the royal brands direction as a whole.

With regards to the context, more specifically the period it was shot, this is vitally important. It was 1933 which, lets be honest, might as well have been labelled the year of the Nazi.

As far as i am aware, the salute of the Nazi Party has always been this salute. By 1926 its use had already been made compulsory within the Nazi Party. In German its called the 'Hitlergruß' which translates to 'Hitler greeting'. They (The adults) knew what that salute stood for when they were doing it.

I accept that the context of the video can only ever be down to speculation as we have no other information regarding this or similar events; however, the reason we have no other facts is again because of the royals. Remember, Its them that have chosen to lock their, or should i say OUR history away from us in some kind of heavily guarded secret archive.

Its strange, they are meant to be 'our royal family' but i don't think ive ever seen any evidence of them acting that way.




posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I think some people are missing the point as to the relevance of this video. Its more than just a random video showing senior members of our royal family doing a nazi salute.

Since the first world war various actions and 'little coincidences' regarding the royals have repeatedly given the British public reason to question their allegiance. This is not just a one off, its yet another 'coincidence' amongst many.

here are a few examples:



Throughout the Twenties and Thirties, the royals were steadfastly opposed to conflict with their ancestral fatherland. Indeed George V's wife Queen Mary always maintained that Britain had "backed the wrong horse" in 1914.




There was embarrassment in the Eighties when Princess Michael of Kent's father, Baron Gunther von Reibnitz, was exposed as a former Nazi party member and SS officer.




Less well known is the fact that one of Prince Philip's sisters, Sophie, was married to Christopher of Hesse-Cassel, an SS colonel who named his eldest son Karl Adolf in Hitler's honour. Indeed, all four of Philip's sisters married high-ranking Germans.




Prince Philip, whose family name is Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, even attended the funeral in Nazi Germany of his elder sister Cecile as a 16-year-old schoolboy in 1937. He was pictured flanked by other relatives who were dressed in SS and Brownshirt uniforms.


And with regards to other records from that era... Its no touch touchy!



Urbach, author of Go-Betweens for Hitler, a new book about the relationship between the royals and the Nazis, has spent years trying to gain access to documents relating to Nazi Germany held in the royal archives. She described the archives, in Windsor Castle’s Round Tower, as “a beautiful place to work but not if you want to work on 20th-century material … you don’t get any access to anything political after 1918”.

She described seeing shelves of boxes containing material relating to the 1930s that no one is allowed to research. She suggested that much of the archives’ interwar material no longer existed.

“We know that after ’45 there was a big cleanup operation,” Urbach said. “The royals were very worried about correspondence resurfacing and so it was destroyed.”

Helen McCarthy, a historian of modern Britain at Queen Mary University of London, echoed Urbach’s comments, tweeting that “if Royal Archives were more accessible & welcoming to researchers, ‘shock’ discoveries like Sun’s front page could be put in better context”.


Sources:

www.standard.co.uk...

yournewswire.com...

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 19/7/15 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapriti




Hitler got the salute from the U.S. Americans.

Hitler was inspired by the Romans and other ancient cultures which is where he got the salute from , he believed the Romans and Ancient Greeks were the racial ancestors of the Germans.



edit on 19-7-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555




I am not sure I get the point of this topic? I'll have to side with the there is simply nothing too this and you must be bored camp.

No I'm not bored but I am British so it does mean something to me.



posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: HumanPLC
a reply to: TrueBrit

Mate, what you are saying is not correct.

Okay, granted.. The queen could not have known at that age, but for me its not just about the queen. You also have the queen mother and the future heir to the throne doing a Nazi salute. These people, especially the queen mother would have had massive influence, not only over her children but the royal brands direction as a whole.

With regards to the context, more specifically the period it was shot, this is vitally important. It was 1933 which, lets be honest, might as well have been labelled the year of the Nazi.

Yes, it might as well have been the year of the Nazi...

That's great, but you do realise that little of the horror that the Nazis were inflicting on people was known during that specific period, to anyone outside our intelligence and war departments, which is why that Mosley bastard, and the blackshirts had a fairly substantive presence in the public eye at the time. Remember, we are talking about 1933 here... Mosley was only placed in prison in 1940, and the various facets of British fascism were free to operate until that point, when many were rounded up, and the rest merely disbanded on pain of arrest.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

They even gained support from the Daily Mail, stunning, I know, given that particular rags tendency for level headed and unbiased reportage, not to mention sensitivity and support of oneness amongst people*sarc*



As far as i am aware, the salute of the Nazi Party has always been this salute. By 1926 its use had already been made compulsory within the Nazi Party. In German its called the 'Hitlergruß' which translates to 'Hitler greeting'. They (The adults) knew what that salute stood for when they were doing it.

No, no they did not. They did not know it as we know it. No one outside the lands dominated by the Nazi expansion knew what horrors they were about until the liberation of the concentration camps, which was much later on in the war, toward its conclusion. Until then, all there had been were rumours, nothing more.

So the adults might have known the Nazi propaganda, but they had no way of knowing until much later, what the realities of life under the Nazis meant for the people most affected by their horrific doctrine. The Nazis tried to hide the camps by burning them down, as advancing armies drew near, and marching the remaining occupants to their deaths. The first concentration camps were discovered in 1944 by the Russians. That's a clear eleven years after this video was shot.

I don't know about you, but in eleven years, as new data becomes available, my opinions change on things that happened in my lifetime. In a similar way, one cannot assume that opinions on Nazi behaviour did not drastically change amongst some of those who fancied peace with them over war. It was only at this point, that the true meaning of that salute as we know of it today, became clear to the world. Those in Britain who raised their hands in such a manner up until that point, really had no conception of what they were saluting until then.



I accept that the context of the video can only ever be down to speculation as we have no other information regarding this or similar events; however, the reason we have no other facts is again because of the royals. Remember, Its them that have chosen to lock their, or should i say OUR history away from us in some kind of heavily guarded secret archive.

Its strange, they are meant to be 'our royal family' but i don't think ive ever seen any evidence of them acting that way.


This is a point of view one can only really take, if one entirely ignores the timeline of the war years. If you want to ignore the fact that there was a clear decade between the shooting of the video in question, and the discovery of the death camps, six years between the shooting of the video, and war being declared between Britain and Germany, then that's your call, but I hardly think that doing so improves the validity of your position on this topic.

I find your unwillingness to take these things into account somewhat strange, since you strike me as a fairly intelligent individual. Although I would not wish to assume, it rather seems to me as if that unwillingness might be driven by dislike of the Royal family and monarchy in general, rather than an objective understanding of the period in question, and the timing of events which play into how much import one might think is contained within the video.

My take on the video is this:

It is a stark reminder that propaganda, and tyrannical governments being able to hide truths from their citizens, and indeed the citizens of the world, can allow vast horrors to be hidden, to the point where otherwise well informed individuals, even those with some measure of fame and prestige, can be thoroughly mislead about the intentions of a government, or movement, assuming that the things which are hidden, are hidden well.

It says little else to me.
edit on 19-7-2015 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removed

edit on 19-7-2015 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical



posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: HumanPLC
a reply to: TrueBrit

Okay, granted.. The queen could not have known at that age, but for me its not just about the queen. You also have the queen mother and the future heir to the throne doing a Nazi salute. These people, especially the queen mother would have had massive influence, not only over her children but the royal brands direction as a whole.



Absolutely! People keep mentioning 'context' when we should be discussing 'environment'. The innocent little girl in that film is now, sadly, 'our' Queen. How I wish that weren't the case and we had the good sense and sophistication as a nation to have done-away with this idiocy decades ago - but...

The QM had a huge influence not only on the young Princess but on the Establishment as a whole. Behind closed palace gates who knows what the private views of the Royal Family were and are? And who knows how those views are privately disseminated to others with influence?



posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: RonPalmer

I think what our queen did during the war speaks volumes on which side she was on.
People forget this..
Nothing more than a hit job on the royal family.



posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: RonPalmer

I think what our queen did during the war speaks volumes on which side she was on.
People forget this..
Nothing more than a hit job on the royal family.

What did she do that spoke volumes. ?



posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Your Queen changed a few truck tyres. It's all about appearance. Appearance and hedging your bets as to which side you want to align yourselves with post-war.



posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit



That's great, but you do realise that little of the horror that the Nazis were inflicting on people was known during that specific period, to anyone outside our intelligence and war departments


Exactly, the Intelligence and War Departments of the Monarchs government... They would have known.

Even giving them the benefit of the doubt and saying this was early 1933... By the end of February their were already 4000 members of the communist party sitting in jail cells as political prisoners.


No, no they did not. They did not know it as we know it. No one outside the lands dominated by the Nazi expansion knew what horrors they were about until the liberation of the concentration camps


Mate, it was the salute of the Nazi Party.




Source: en.wikipedia.org...

The Nazi salute or Hitler salute (German: Hitlergruß – literally Hitler Greeting) is a gesture that was used as a greeting in Nazi Germany. The salute is performed by extending the right arm in the air with a straightened hand. Usually, the person offering the salute would say "Heil Hitler!" (Hail Hitler!), "Heil, mein Führer!" (Hail, my leader!), or "Sieg heil!" (Hail victory!). It was adopted in the 1930s by the Nazi Party to signal obedience to the party's leader – Adolf Hitler.



The Nazi Party have always held the idea of the 'peoples community' or Volksgemeinschaft made up of the 'racially desirable' as a core value. That is what the salute represented.

You cant seriously be suggesting that Edward, a known nazi sympathiser would have not known this.



I find your unwillingness to take these things into account somewhat strange, since you strike me as a fairly intelligent individual. Although I would not wish to assume, it rather seems to me as if that unwillingness might be driven by dislike of the Royal family and monarchy in general, rather than an objective understanding of the period in question, and the timing of events which play into how much import one might think is contained within the video.


How very dare you!!! lol, just kidding... But i could say the exact same about you


Im not a big fan of the royals but i do still try to remain objective.

If it helps, here is my method of thinking with regards to this:

At the moment the general argument seems to be that basically they did not know what they were doing and this was all a big coincidence. Which on the face of it is completely plausible.

But then, when you start to add into the equation facts like:
> Edward was a known nazi sympathiser,
> 1933 was the year the Nazi salute was made compulsory for all public servants,
> 1933 was basically 'the year of the Nazi',
> The Royals were of German blood,
> The Royals had other close ties with Nazi Germany,

Then you must admit that the scales do start to tip in favour of it not being coincidence.

I'm open minded and always happy to take on board a new view on things, but at the moment, to agree with this i would have to either ignore, or simply put down as coincidence all those facts listed above. As far as i can see, when looking at the whole picture, the most logical conclusion has to be that this was most likely not a coincidence.

Even though i disagree i still obviously respect your views



posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: RonPalmer

I think what our queen did during the war speaks volumes on which side she was on.
People forget this..
Nothing more than a hit job on the royal family.


What did she do?



posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: HumanPLC

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: RonPalmer

I think what our queen did during the war speaks volumes on which side she was on.
People forget this..
Nothing more than a hit job on the royal family.


What did she do?

Didn't she once parachute into Holland, single-handedly set up a downed Airman escape route, sabotage the rail network, shoot fifty German's, apply sticky bombs to the underside of 27 Panzers then shoot back home before her breakfast kippers had cooled....



posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
With regards to the argument that they did not know, i would suggest that even the lowly British public were aware of the events in 1933 as they were happening. Here is just one of many newspaper articles from 1933 regarding the Nazi party.

This is the front page of the Daily Express dated March 1933.



Here is what the Guardian were saying in March 1933



The Terror In Germany. Examples of Nazi brutality to the workers


www.theguardian.com...

Here is another article specifically about the Reichstag fire in Feb 1933 (This was the reason used for jailing 4000 communists)




edit on 19/7/15 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: gortex


This is a family playing and momentarily referencing a gesture many would have seen from contemporary news reels.
"No-one at that time had any sense how it would evolve. To imply anything else is misleading and dishonest.


That seems accurate and I am not sure I get the point of this topic? I'll have to side with the there is simply nothing too this and you must be bored camp.




So you don't get the point of a topic and yet you go to the effort of commenting on it anyway?

So who's bored, again?



posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I love how people dance around the fact that the "British" Royal Family is actually German.

I have a game I want everyone to participate in.

Remember the flood of articles that followed the birth of the Royal Princess Charlotte not too long ago? Someone find 1 MSM article that mentions her last name. There is literally a complete blackout in the media involving this little fact, and its like that for a reason.
edit on 19-7-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
So, by some of the logic I see on here, I suppose it was cool to support the KKK until the civil rights movement? The Royals had all their bases covered no matter what the outcome of WW1/WW2. Prince Albert is an example.



posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Anyone who criticizes this had better hope that footage of stuff they did when they were five (or there abouts) doesn't get released to the public.

I'm not so worried about the Queen's salute - I'm more worried about the Queen Mother's salute, especially given that the then Prince George's brother and heir to the throne was a known NAZI sympathizer and supporter, and that she's an adult.

At this time, in 1933, the Princess wouldn't even have been considered to be even in the running for Queen.

She would have been the equivalent of Princess Eugenie or Princess Beatrice - barely even mentioned in the press.

The Queen appears to just be copying what her mother was doing, probably didn't even know what it meant at her age.



posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
The Queen appears to just be copying what her mother was doing, probably didn't even know what it meant at her age.


That she does, in fact if you watch very closely, when she does the salute copying her mom, she is initially facing away from her. She then turns and salutes seeming to automatically know her mom was doing it.

How did she know her mom was saluting without being able to see her... Maybe her mom was saying something along with the salute? Heil Hitler! maybe?

Before i get jumped on and given a verbal bashing... I'm just speculating and i have absolutely no evidence of that what so ever, lol.

She could have just as equally been saying who wants ice cream, lol
edit on 19/7/15 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: HumanPLC

Is that the Peoples front of Judea, or the Judean peoples front?

a reply to: Konduit

Her last name IS Mountbatten-Windsor, although she can use Wales or Cambridge.

In a way it doesn't matter really, a last name originally fitted the occupation of the person, with Kings, Queens, Prince and Princesses the title should be enough right?



posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk


Is that the Peoples front of Judea, or the Judean peoples front?


Only the best quote from the best movie ever made, lol.



new topics

top topics



 
22
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join