It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian Government Acknowledges that Some of Its Leaders Are Nazis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: YouPeople

Yet Svoboda and Right Sector never had significant influence. The vast majority of the Ukrainian government did not have ties to neo-Nazi groups. The sad fact is that every government in Europe probably has a few ultra right people among them. Russia probably has some of the most if not the most. Does this mean that the US should stop all support to Europe? The facts are that the far right holds no sway in the Ukrainian government. In the DPR and LPR however there are neo-Nazis in key positions of power. Why do you condemn the Ukrainian government for having a handful of bad seeds (whose numbers decrease with every election) while seemingly supporting the separatists who are being led by the same people you are seemingly against?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yet Svoboda and Right Sector never had significant influence.

They held the Prime Minister and Minister of Defense positions to name two.

Why do you condemn the Ukrainian government for having a handful of bad seeds (whose numbers decrease with every election) while seemingly supporting the separatists who are being led by the same people you are seemingly against?

Is it me or are you guys always trying to make this about being Pro Russia/Anti Russia?

I don't care whatever construction you came up with that is supposed to present me with a problematic paradox of some sort.

I have no allegiance to Russia whatsoever, so I don't care what Russia did right now. This thread is about Nazism in the Ukranian government that was supported by America.

It clearly happened.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

And they promptly resigned when their parties did not get any support from the electorate.

Is it me or are you guys always trying to make this about being Pro Russia/Anti Russia?

No, it's about you always trying to make things Anti-America/Anti-Ukraine.

I have no allegiance to Russia whatsoever, so I don't care what Russia did right now.

And clearly you have no allegiance to the United States, and yet you are obsessed by what you mistakenly believe they are doing now.

This thread is about Nazism in the Ukranian government that was supported by America.

Yes, and that has pretty much petered out. Most of the violent Nazis are in power in Donetsk. Why doesn't that bother you?

It clearly happened.

No, the United States gave no material support to Svoboda or Right Sector, as the illegal tape recording of Nuland proves!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

The fact is that they were in the government that the US was supporting. You guys are trying to bury this fact by saying "but they are not anymore right now".

And your trying to insist the government is being run by them now...the facts are they don't and got embarrassed in the elections.

All governments the US supports probably have at least one, but that doesn't mean the US is backing neo Nazi's because of it.

Same as in Ukraine.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Well then by all means name them...

Well when you praise what the Russian government has done in Ukraine that is going to make you pro Russian.

Now when you don't agree with what they did in Ukraine that is what generally makes you anti Putin ( as this war isn't be backed by the citizens) not anti Russian...there is a difference.

I have no allegiance to Russia whatsoever, so I don't care what Russia did right now. This thread is about Nazism in the Ukranian government that was supported by America.

Actually it is about the Ukrainian Government Acknowledges that Some of Its Leaders Are Nazis to which they didn't as it has been shown they were talking about those who were in government during WWII.

You are the one who keeps insisting that this thread is about now, so if that's true where in any linked article does the Ukraine say that some of it's leaders(here's the big word)Are...Not wereNazi sympathizers.

Because yes they were back in WWII, but as of today...sorry charlie isn't happening.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

And they promptly resigned when their parties did not get any support from the electorate.

Is that what you say happened? It is irrelevant anyway. They were in power and the US was supporting them.

No, it's about you always trying to make things Anti-America/Anti-Ukraine.

That doesn't even make sense. I am saying that it is always black and white with you guys. "You are either with us or against us".

If I criticise Ukraine I am automatically pro Russian. It's pathetic BS.

Do I need to remind you that we are in a thread that is basically critical of Ukraine? I am not in here trying to make into something else......

And clearly you have no allegiance to the United States, and yet you are obsessed by what you mistakenly believe they are doing now.

I definately do not, nor to my own government. Btw, you are trying too hard to make your words have "effect". It doesn't work if it doesn't come naturally.

Most of the violent Nazis are in power in Donetsk. Why doesn't that bother you?

Because so called free and democratic and good guy governments arent supporting them in my name. And because they are not the topic of this thread even though you keep trying to make it about that.

Why dont you make a thread about them?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Tenyukh was appointed Minister of Defense in February 2014 and resigned in March 2014. Clearly he had a lot of influence on Ukrainian politics. And what Svoboda member held the position of Prime Minister?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
its hard doing a coup detat without organized idealism, anarchy wont work.

So before i get banned again as a .error, two months left, old ways are gone, camelot is dead.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Well then by all means name them...

They held three more positions. Are you going to argue that Prime Minister and Minister of Defense alone are not influential enough?

Well when you praise what the Russian government has done in Ukraine that is going to make you pro Russian. Now when you don't agree with what they did in Ukraine that is what generally makes you anti Putin ( as this war isn't be backed by the citizens) not anti Russian...there is a difference.

I commented on neither option. Just responded to the premise of this thread. You were the ones focussing on specific sides.

You are the one who keeps insisting that this thread is about now, so if that's true where in any linked article does the Ukraine say that some of it's leaders(here's the big word)Are...Not wereNazi sympathizers.

Svoboda was clearly founded as a NAZI party and they were in power while being supported by the US, no matter how you try to spin it.

Why is the same group of.....guys even around at any given time to play these games.......all day, everyday.......

So easy to have the same five people jumping through hoops religiously, on the same subject, on any given sunday.

Such dedication.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

And what Svoboda member held the position of Prime Minister?

Is this a rethorical question. I am sure you know the answer. If you want to share something specific by all means do.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Mykola Azarov was appointed in 2010 by Yanukovych and resigned in 2014. He was a member of Yanukovych's Party of Regions. He was succeeded by Arseniy Yatsenyuk the current Prime Minister. When he was appointed he was a member of the All-Ukrainian Union "Fatherland" party. In September he formed his own party, People's Front. So which one of these two is a member of Svoboda?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Why dont you make a thread about them?

I have; I even provided you with a link to them but you seem completely uninterested in discussing them. Can you understand why I get the impression that you have a different agenda than you profess?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

They held three more positions. Are you going to argue that Prime Minister and Minister of Defense alone are not influential enough?

So again can you name them?

That isn't a tough question to answer since you insist they are in the government you should be able to do that...correct?

Why is the same group of.....guys even around at any given time to play these games.......all day, everyday.......

What does that matter...as it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread now is it?

Svoboda was clearly founded as a NAZI party and they were in power while being supported by the US, no matter how you try to spin it.

Your the one trying to spin this...but all you have to do is name all the Nazi's in the government since your insisting they are there running it.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

The irony here is that certain members cannot wrap their heads around the fact that ultra-nationalists in Western Ukraine were unable to win the 5% of the vote necessary to win seats in parliament and no longer hold any portfolio, making the Kyiv government Nazi-free. Why bring up the Nazis in Donetsk? Because it means that the legally elected Kyiv government is fighting Nazis. Why are people opposed to supporting a democratically elected government that is fighting Nazis, do you suppose?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

And your trying to insist the government is being run by them now...the facts are they don't and got embarrassed in the elections.

I am? The comment you qouted is clearly written in the past tense.

Members of nazi parties were part of the government until recently, and while they received support from America.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

My apologies, I misinterpreted parts of a wiki entry. The held the position of deputy PM instead of PM.

My bad.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

And then they were voted out.

Democracy at work!

Neat.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Yes, your point being?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouPeople

Yes, your point being?
Did you read the second line?

My point was "Democracy Works!"

And then I said "Neat!"

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Yes, your point being?

Or just a random remark that was directed at me?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join