It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The idea that humanity can learn from history has been debunked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
"Once is an accident, twice is a trend."

The banking crisis in Crimea may have been a one-off that people could ignore.

However, with the banking crisis in Greece happening so soon after the one in Crimea, we've now got a trend.

If people were learning from history, I believe we would see bank runs all over the world right now. It's time for that in my opinion because probably every country in the world could be the next to have a banking crisis. And, it could literally happen at any time in most countries.

But, the vast majority of people apparently cannot learn from history. They can't even learn from history that JUST HAPPENED within the last few years right up to NOW.

It's really sad when I realize that most of what we're taught growing up as children has ZERO to do with reality.

We're told we need to study history so we won't repeat it. I believe we're forced to study the official government-sanctioned story of history so we'll all have a good opinion of our country and our culture. It's basically just programming.

The fact is, no governments want a populace that won't repeat the mistakes of history because most governments would collapse if people stopped repeating the same old mistakes. The modern corrupt forms of government that we see in probably every country in the world can only exist IF people never learn from history.

Banking is a perfect example of that point. If people were learning from history, the banks would close all over the world in no time. They simply cannot support a bank run, it's mathematically impossible.

I'm starting to think that the world system we have only stands because the vast majority of people cannot learn from history.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

That's the point, the average attention span is around 15 minutes I believe.

Not very long at all, and with the constant flood of new information all the time, it's hard to keep track of what is important for some people.

PS: by that's the point I meant that we are being distracted for a reason
edit on 18-7-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

That's the point, the average attention span is around 15 minutes I believe.

What's the point again...I forgot?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

You are over-simplifying things to ridiculesness.
Economy is a man made tool that gives us the opportunity to function and cooperate in an efficient manner. The banking fiascos are a result of many things.
A country needs to function for banking to function. Greece does not. The made-up concept of "money" doesn't work when a country doesn't work.

When it comes to your statements about "all" goverments being corrupt.. I don't know where you live, maybe the U.S? Start using your right to vote properly. Or to be less democratic, use the second amendment - wasn't it supposed to be used in this case, if your claims are true?

Less whining, more action.

In my country, I AM the government. You know, like in democracy.
edit on 18-7-2015 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Banking is a perfect example of that point. If people were learning from history, the banks would close all over the world in no time. They simply cannot support a bank run, it's mathematically impossible.

Of course not. Why should a bank support a bank run? That would be completely idiotic. Please explain.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

While I must agree with you, that the recent banking fiascos were avoidable, I also believe that your premise, that being the idea that humanity learning from history has been debunked as a concept, is false.

It is absolutely true that a blind man could have seen recent events coming, and in fairness, many people did see these things coming, many, many years ago. Many of those people were just common folk, not even in the banking or finance industry, but regular people.

However, it is not regular people who decide policy, but our elected representatives, individuals whose honour is, and always has been, very much for sale to the highest bidders. Because of the disconnect between the people, and the power, there will be a disconnect between what small reserves of common sense are available to the people, and the power to ensure that the future does not turn out as messy as the past.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The people running this deception do not have a problem, it is the ninety nine point nine percent below them that are messed up. We are believing in a lie on a regular basis. We are not any better at running economies than our ancestors, we may be better at hiding our mistakes and shifting the blame though. We have created another mess, something that appears real but is not. 666 is never going to be 777 even though they share some properties. A lie can never be the truth yet lies are constantly being passed as truth and people accept them as truth. Look at what science discovers. If the evidence was applied properly it could not be disputed but there will be evidence showing outcomes as completely opposite of each other. The interpretations of the evidence are formed by human cognition which is altered by desires.

People want their lives to get better so they ignore anything that leads to a downturn. This is what causes economies to collapse. The lies pile up on top of each other and everything will eventually crumble under the weight of the lie mountain it is buried in. A landslide occurs when things shake causing rivers of ire to occur

Just go exercise, the endorphins will make you believe in what you are told, they can unzip the connection with our subconscious and we walk around in bliss. It will keep you from questioning the false reality we live in and make you spend more on gym fees which make the economy better.
edit on 18-7-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Excellent, and much truth to the ignorance of history in general.

When we are being told history, rather being attuned with the elders and our ancestors.. that's the cut off point to program right there.

The reason the banks still control, is because those operating thsee empires, have created such a society where people are against eachother, where people feel obligated to do what the blueprint wants..

If you don't follow, your an outcast and weirdo, like those homeless individuals who couldn't cope with such artificial oppression, and thus, lost their path on their journey in life.

If everyone feels and BELIEVES obligation for this artificial system that is fueled and powered by biological and internal energies of human beings, then the system becomes a perpetual cycle of power draining people and dividing them.

And right their we lose, ignorant to the history that entrapped our ancestors... through the times of Rome, British Empire which still stands above like an eagle, to the USA, and now we have corporations and companies that act as avatars made up of "X" amount of human beings. . That control eachother and soon (TPP) rights of land and laws.

It never ends because the belief; "this is what life is, this is the only way to live , we do what we gotta do".

Who's blueprint?
Who's banks?
Who do the government work for?

Together we stand strong and move obstacles for expansion and development of our species.

Divided we fall, every time, as seen, in the sands of time...
edit on 18-7-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

top topics

join