It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The United States Of America Going TO Have Another Civil War? If So Over What?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

No, there will be no second Civil War. It's just a bunch of disgruntled people blowing hot air. You may have a few more people like Dylan Roof who seem to think that THEIR actions are going to be the spark that ignites the powder keg, but at the end of the day there is no organization to make any effort to get a real war going happen. And when those events happen, as has been shown, most people end up siding against the rabble rousers.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The US is currently engaged in a civil war: The War on Drugs!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

No, there will be no second Civil War. It's just a bunch of disgruntled people blowing hot air. You may have a few more people like Dylan Roof who seem to think that THEIR actions are going to be the spark that ignites the powder keg, but at the end of the day there is no organization to make any effort to get a real war going happen. And when those events happen, as has been shown, most people end up siding against the rabble rousers.

Living in Columbia Sc i cant tell you its all way overblown. During the flag debate there were usually 2-5 protesters for keeping the flag. Most everybody I talk to including professionals at usc of both political backrounds wanted the flag down. The House and senate vote speak vollumes. Its all fabricated nonsense for election propaganda just as you pointed out the newly enraged abortion debate is.

Fool me once shame on you fool me twice and..............uh you cant get fooled again.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Yea, too many on ATS need to take a step back from the rabbit hole from time to time to see that the world isn't as bad as conspiracy theorists make it out to be.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Yea, too many on ATS need to take a step back from the rabbit hole from time to time to see that the world isn't as bad as conspiracy theorists make it out to be.

And maybe stepping back from the computer and doing something about it may be a good approach. The politics can change if people would realize they are being given their opinions to divide us from changing anything ourselves. Instead we elect people out of fear of what the other guy may do. I have done it myself when I am afraid of another "War President".

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Well it is hard not to let your emotions dictate your decisions sometimes. The more emotionally invested you let yourself get in an issue, the more likely you are to make poor decisions regarding the topic. That is why I talk so matter of factly around here.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Well it is hard not to let your emotions dictate your decisions sometimes. The more emotionally invested you let yourself get in an issue, the more likely you are to make poor decisions regarding the topic. That is why I talk so matter of factly around here.

Very true

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
The US is currently engaged in a civil war: The War on Drugs!

Very good observation!!

Infact somewhere it was mentioned that each year US spends more funds and resources on drug war than the annual budgets of Iraq and Afghan wars during the peak.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yes. But it won't be like the last one as there's no geographical divider. Moreso random attacks with occasional hot spots. Teams will roughly be liberals v conservatives. Liberals will be the easiest enemy in history as they can't even feed themselves now.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Milomo

Lol, yea right. If you think the country is so easily divided that we'd get an even split between liberals and conservatives provided a Civil War happened again, then that just means you need to stop reading so much conservative fear-based news. You do know that liberals enlist in the military too right? But besides that, there are MANY conservatives who don't want a civil war, nor believe that one will happen.

But besides that, produce a leader for your insurgency (because lets face it, that is what you are proposing) to organize your terrorist attacks against the country, because before you can do that it'll just be a bunch of rabble rousers who will get shut down rather quickly.
edit on 20-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

VERY true
There will be no civil war from the civilian side at ALL.
It's assinine to EVEN consider such a course of action not to mention criminal.

DOES anyone remember the CIVIL WAR DEAD and what it costs?
I will.
I NEVER want to see such a nightmare happen in the US and CONSTANTLY fight against division as I understand it EVERYDAY.
edit on 20-7-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

About 33% supported our revolution, much less actively. I don't get how you discerned "even split" from roughly libs v cons. Fyi 98% of blacks are libs. Thanks for obligatory right wing manufactured outrage comment. Don't think ferguson or Baltimore are target markets. People are pissed but thanks for your input Internet warrior. See u out there. Btw after charlestpn 8 black churches got struck by lightning

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Hey, we finally agree on something! Let me go check in with hell real quick to see if any snowball fights are going on.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milomo

About 33% supported our revolution, much less actively. I don't get how you discerned "even split" from roughly libs v cons. Fyi 98% of blacks are libs. Thanks for obligatory right wing manufactured outrage comment. Don't think ferguson or Baltimore are target markets. People are pissed but thanks for your input Internet warrior. See u out there. Btw after charlestpn 8 black churches got struck by lightning

Where are you getting these statistics from? You're welcome by the way. The reason for that comment is because you won't find many left wing sources talking about any imminent Civil Wars, so it is obvious where you got that opinion from no matter how much it makes you mad that I called that out.

Last I checked with Ferguson and Baltimore neither events spiraled out of control into a full blown war. In FACT, I'd say that the mayor of Baltimore learned lessons from Ferguson and handled that situation WAY better, which resulted in the city calming down much quicker than Ferguson. I know, because I live near Baltimore.

So to sum up, your evidence that a new Civil War is starting is two riots that were quickly contained and an incident involving a lone idiot trying to start a race war followed by a few followup racist attacks on other churches. If that is the extent of your war, then you aren't going to accomplish anything.

Something tells me that you have ZERO clue as to what you are hoping and asking for. It's always the uninitiated to war that want it the most...

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I went to school and read if you care other than winning an Internet message board battle you could google. I don't even get into that stuff so no not where it came from. I do go outside likely more than you based on Internet activity. The point of Baltimore Ferguson is they don't watch fox the anger the same. Cool story u live in Baltimore and got shot at for nothing obviously u win..................

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milomo

I went to school and read if you care other than winning an Internet message board battle you could google. I don't even get into that stuff so no not where it came from. I do go outside likely more than you based on Internet activity. The point of Baltimore Ferguson is they don't watch fox the anger the same. Cool story u live in Baltimore and got shot at for nothing obviously u win..................

What does going to school have to do with anything? Also, what is googling going to accomplish? I could google anything and get sources to say whatever I want them to say. Further more, what's with the "don't go outside" troll attempt? My time spent away from my computer is irrelevant to the discussion (not to mention that was an ad hominem).

You've made zero attempt to back up your opinion and now you are just whining because you've been called on it. You should go back to school and learn how to carry on a proper debate.

PS: I'm only on ATS while at work.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I'm on a phone. In school you learn things like a third supported the revolution. Google "how many supported American Revolution" and validate sources yourself. I need to subsidize your healthcare and Google? "Ad hominem" = I'm gay. I don't care about stars as much as you. Cool debate you win so many stars mom is proud .......................

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Milomo

Yea except there isn't a third of the country that is itching for a new Civil War, and you are STILL lacking a leader to unite all these malcontents.

Like I said earlier, you are looking at an insurgency if anything. NOT a Civil War. I went to school too, son. Don't pretend like you are the sole earner of all the knowledge that is lost on the public at large.

PS: What was with the flippant remark about health care and google? I didn't make any remarks about health care... You know if you are going to school, I would hope that you take Logic 101, because you are in need of a good education on logical fallacies (you don't even understand all the different types of ad hominems)
edit on 20-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The war is already being fought covertly on much more personal level behind the scenes.

The war you're thinking of is when it starts to spill over into the public eye.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join