It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isis claims responsibility for Iraq car bomb blast that kills dozens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

A car bomb has killed at least 80 people, both adults and children, at a busy market near Baghdad in one of the deadliest attacks in Iraq since Islamic State militants overran large parts of the country.

The force of the blast in Khan Bani Saad, about 20 miles (30 km) north-east of the capital, brought down several buildings, crushing people who had been celebrating the end of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan, police and medics said.

Isis militants later claimed responsibility and said in a statement that the suicide bomber had used three tonnes of explosive. Isis, which controls large parts of northern and western Iraq, had previously carried out attacks in the eastern province of Diyala where Khan Bani Saad is located.

Blooody day end of Ramadan. Iraq is more dangerous day after day. I am sick of these types of infromation, but I was sure in friday morning that this day will end with some bloody news.. Are We able to stop them? Are We have chance to defeat terrorism??
edit on Sat, 18 Jul 2015 00:45:56 -0500America/Chicago564518America/Chicago7312015f by residentofearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
They felt ''threatened'' by people celebrating the end of Ramadan?
edit on 18-7-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

Are We able to stop them? Are We have chance to defeat terrorism??

Short answer , no . Sadly i think that resorting to violence if things don't fit your agenda is burnt into our DNA .

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Yes they can and will eventually be defeated.

Unfortunately it will be long after Obama let them gain lands wealth and weaponry along with appeal to attract recruits.

The response needed is all out annihilation like the world powers took against Nazi Germany. All out full political, industrial and military output towards the unstoppable goal of their complete and utter annihilation. There will be no room for PC mamby pamby bull#, no dollar value will matter, and no cost of life will get in the way.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth

A car bomb has killed at least 80 people, both adults and children, at a busy market near Baghdad in one of the deadliest attacks in Iraq since Islamic State militants overran large parts of the country.

The force of the blast in Khan Bani Saad, about 20 miles (30 km) north-east of the capital, brought down several buildings, crushing people who had been celebrating the end of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan, police and medics said.

Isis militants later claimed responsibility and said in a statement that the suicide bomber had used three tonnes of explosive. Isis, which controls large parts of northern and western Iraq, had previously carried out attacks in the eastern province of Diyala where Khan Bani Saad is located.

Blooody day end of Ramadan. Iraq is more dangerous day after day. I am sick of these types of infromation, but I was sure in friday morning that this day will end with some bloody news.. Are We able to stop them? Are We have chance to defeat terrorism??

Honestly, no. I hate to say it, but Wahabism is an ideology with several good points. They teach their adherents discipline and purity from many of the corruptions in modern cultures. They prey on poor & ignorant people who are disillusioned with the corrupt practices in their societies; offering them "a better path" and "a chance to become a part of something greater". All other Muslims are legit enemies to them, but particularly Shiites. Most of them aren't violent & the violence is seen (by them) as some of their members taking a zero tolerance policy against corruption, the "corrupted" versions of Islam & evildoers in general. Oh & a fascination with becoming a martyr to get to Heaven.

How do we fight against something like that? People ridicule politicians when they say "we need to create jobs for their sympathizers & possible recruits" or similar things, but it's the truth. It's literally the same as gang prevention techniques or trying to convince your kids not to join an organized crime family. Those underground groups will offer a completely different way of life. And the more you demonize them without teaching both sides of the story, the more their sympathizers will start to tune you out. And physically attacking them just reinforces their belief that we're the violent monsters, not them.

For the record, I despise Wahabism. But unlike most posters I see on ATS, I actually believe we need to understand an issue's pro's & cons in order to figure out a way to solve the problem permanently. Simplistic "we good, they bad, we shoot, they die" doesn't solve the underlying causes of the issue; and frankly put, I still haven't figured out a foolproof way to counter & nullify Wahabism.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The response needed is all out annihilation like the world powers took against Nazi Germany.

Yet Nazis still exist .

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

The response needed is all out annihilation like the world powers took against Nazi Germany.

Yet Nazis still exist .

Who cares, they no longer threaten anyones way of life. Nazi Germany came within inches of ruling the world, now they rule retarded skinheads who cannot impact the rodents.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Yes they can and will eventually be defeated.

Unfortunately it will be long after Obama let them gain lands wealth and weaponry along with appeal to attract recruits.

The response needed is all out annihilation like the world powers took against Nazi Germany. All out full political, industrial and military output towards the unstoppable goal of their complete and utter annihilation. There will be no room for PC mamby pamby bull#, no dollar value will matter, and no cost of life will get in the way.

You might want to check your history. Wahabism have been around since the late 1700s. They were allies with the UK & Lawrence of Arabia, when the West was breaking up the Ottoman Empire. They were allies with the West when oil was later discovered in their lands, and this partnership transformed the world decades before the petrodollar came about. And they were allies with the West during the Iraq-Iran War in the 1980s, the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan in the 1980s, and the Balkan Wars.

They made a virtual blood pact with the West when they made their deals to create the petrodollar. And their leaders invest heavily in the West while funding lucrative defense deals with Western arms dealers to this day. And the US has military bases throughout the Arabian Peninsula, the literal base of Wahabism. But our bases protect those nations like Qatar & Saudi Arabia, not attack them for supporting terrorism.

But of course, you ignore all of that & turn this into an attack on President Obama. Tell me this, what are conservatives & libertarians going to do differently about our absolute support of Saudi Arabia & Qatar? You know, since they're the 2 biggest supporters of Wahabi terrorism?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Honestly, no. I hate to say it, but Wahabism is an ideology with several good points. They teach their adherents discipline and purity from many of the corruptions in modern cultures. They prey on poor & ignorant people who are disillusioned with the corrupt practices in their societies; offering them "a better path" and "a chance to become a part of something greater". All other Muslims are legit enemies to them, but particularly Shiites. Most of them aren't violent & the violence is seen (by them) as some of their members taking a zero tolerance policy against corruption, the "corrupted" versions of Islam & evildoers in general. Oh & a fascination with becoming a martyr to get to Heaven.

How do we fight against something like that? People ridicule politicians when they say "we need to create jobs for their sympathizers & possible recruits" or similar things, but it's the truth. It's literally the same as gang prevention techniques or trying to convince your kids not to join an organized crime family. Those underground groups will offer a completely different way of life. And the more you demonize them without teaching both sides of the story, the more their sympathizers will start to tune you out. And physically attacking them just reinforces their belief that we're the violent monsters, not them.

For the record, I despise Wahabism. But unlike most posters I see on ATS, I actually believe we need to understand an issue's pro's & cons in order to figure out a way to solve the problem permanently. Simplistic "we good, they bad, we shoot, they die" doesn't solve the underlying causes of the issue; and frankly put, I still haven't figured out a foolproof way to counter & nullify Wahabism.

What kind of crap are you spewing? The wahabi Saudi nation is an ally of the West, go suckle on your Kremlin pacifier.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

What kind of crap are you spewing? The wahabi Saudi nation is an ally of the West, go suckle on your Kremlin pacifier.

Reading comprehension clearly isn't your strong point. "Radical Islam", "Islamic Extremism", and "Islamic Terrorism" all refer to Wahabism.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Reading comprehension clearly isn't your strong point. "Radical Islam", "Islamic Extremism", and "Islamic Terrorism" all refer to Wahabism.

Your comprehension is defunct and dysfunctional.
Saudi Arabia is at war with Al Qaueda and Islamic State.
If Wahabiism was the same, they would all be the same, which they are clearly not.

Iran is about to force Saudi into acquiring nukes, nuclear proliferation of the middle east thanks to Obama and the traitors he sent over there to negotiate with Iran. Saudi will get nukes the next day with their money to counter them. Obama is the proliferation idiot of all time. All the brainwashed masses who think Allah will save them under the mushroom clouds will shortly have their faith tested and shown to be lacking.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Your comprehension is defunct and dysfunctional.
Saudi Arabia is at war with Al Qaueda and Islamic State.
If Wahabiism was the same, they would all be the same, which they are clearly not.

Iran is about to force Saudi into acquiring nukes, nuclear proliferation of the middle east thanks to Obama and the traitors he sent over there to negotiate with Iran. Saudi will get nukes the next day with their money to counter them. Obama is the proliferation idiot of all time. All the brainwashed masses who think Allah will save them under the mushroom clouds will shortly have their faith tested and shown to be lacking.

Ah, I remember you now. You never address the points I make, simply changing the subject every time you're called out.

How is Saudi Arabia at war with them when they finance them? And let them cross Saudi lands to attack the Houthis in Yemen? Al Qaeda has been in Yemen for decades & ISIS is now there attacking Houthis. So where's the Saudi war on them there? The Saudis were the biggest supporters of al-Qaeda in Afghanistan & the Balkan Wars too, not to mention the Chechen rebels. And if you believe the official 9/11 story, the vast majority of the hijackers, planners, and financiers were Saudi Wahabis, too.

And stop with the obvious BS about Iran getting nukes. Even Iran's Supreme Leader has forbidden nuclear weapons. People attack Iran for being a theocracy when it fits their narrative, but conveniently ignore their most powerful religious leader's own statements & rulings when they don't fit the narrative.

And how can Iran force Saudi Arabia to get nuclear weapons? Iran isn't in charge of weapons sales to Saudi Arabia. Any weapons purchased by the Saudi government or its powerbrokers are the direct responsibility of the Saudi government or its powerbrokers.

Sorry, but I don't have the patience to deal with you today. I only replied this time so readers will see your lies for what they are.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Inches of ruling the world?

Pretty big hyperbole there.

Barry doesn't get all the credit here for isis, they are a product of an area that has seen decades of war and innocent lives taken that had nothing to do with the conflicts.

Has he been to soft, possibly.

I also think what he has done as far as support of that area gets over looked. He sure has bombed the hell out of them with air strikes ans drones.

top topics

join